Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you enjoy my work, feel free to donate!

https://www.paypal.me/Stainbrook762
Noahst's Groups
Noahst's Contact & Social LinksNoah StainbrookNoah115007Noah4518Noah stainbrook
so for this evil dead map im working on, id like to have the pack a punch area be the castle ruins from army of darkness. basically, what im asking is is there any way to get zombies to spawn there when i time travel to this spot and will switch back to spawning in the normal area once the players back at the cabin? any help would be greatly appreciated
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
so for this evil dead map im working on, id like to have the pack a punch area be the castle ruins from army of darkness. basically, what im asking is is there any way to get zombies to spawn there when i time travel to this spot and will switch back to spawning in the normal area once the players back at the cabin? any help would be greatly appreciated
You should be able to make a zone that is one way, where they are only adjacent in one direction by adding ,true to the end of your add_adjacent_zone line in nazi_zombie_mapname.gsc. You may also need two zones in between to stop from spawning in both when in the new area (The spawners would go in the area that you wanted them spawning in of course.), depending how you do it.

The question is what will you do with the zombies that are already spawned?
I do this a couple ways but
 - Have a path between the areas that the zombies can travel (If close)
 - Kill the zombies and re spawn them in new area
 - Create a point of interest and just let some stay behind.
 - Force teleport the zombies, works half the time, and I kill the rest.

Which way you do it depends on what works best for your map and what you can figure out initially.
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:25:37 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 12 August 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Noahst's Groups
well the problem is it has be accessed via teleport, since your going back in time and to a new area. id want to kill of the zombies and respawn them in the pap area

Double Post Merge: January 26, 2016, 07:26:36 pm
i guess moon would have been a better example of what i want to do lol
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:26:36 pm by Noahst
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
well the problem is it has be accessed via teleport, since your going back in time and to a new area. id want to kill of the zombies and respawn them in the pap area

Double Post Merge: January 26, 2016, 07:26:36 pm
i guess moon would have been a better example of what i want to do lol

Yeah, I didn't play any of those, but I do teleport zombies in my current WIP using forceteleport, but it is a slight pain in the but. Killing them would work fine, just remember to update the count before killing each one or the round will end. Plus you have to make sure other players are not back there still, cause you wouldn't want to do that if more players were still there would you? Unless you made it a requirement for all players to teleport at once.

If you do, you can spawn them several ways. By cleverly setting up your zones, and they will just spawn right after updating the count and killing the ones back home, or by simple spawning them manually at the new place (spawn_zombie I think). Depends on how you want it to play out, and whats easiest for you.
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:32:09 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Noahst's Groups
i think making all players teleport would be the way to go. next question is, could it be made so single player can teleport alone, 2 player with 2 and so on? and then the thing about the zones is, you wouldnt be buying a door to open the zone, so how would a flag the zone to activate?

Double Post Merge: January 26, 2016, 07:46:25 pm
maybe itd be easier with a kino style telporter, where you link the teleporter pad at each end then it sens you back after a time limit? thats essentially what i want, with the exception of zombies chasing you while you try to upgrade
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:46:25 pm by Noahst
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
i think making all players teleport would be the way to go. next question is, could it be made so single player can teleport alone, 2 player with 2 and so on? and then the thing about the zones is, you wouldnt be buying a door to open the zone, so how would a flag the zone to activate?

Oh, k, that makes things easier. You would just make sure say all players were touching the ent, or trigger, or whatever you decided to use before it let them travel. You can check that against get_players().size. That will return the number of players, so if the number of players touching (istouching) == to the get_players().size, then all are there or make a function that checks distance or something.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Tele_init(){
trigs = GetEntArray( "teleport","targetname" );
array_thread(trigs,::Teleport);
}

Teleporter(){
while(1){
self waittill("trigger");
if(self AllPlayersTouching()) TeleportThem();
else IPrintLnBold( "All players required to teleport!" );
wait(1);
}
}

AllPlayersTouching(){
players = get_ai_number(  );
for( i=0;i<players.size;i++ ){
if(Distance( self.origin,players[i].origin )>500) return false;
}
if(IsDefined( self.script_flag )) flag_set( self.script_flag );
return true;
}
TeleportThem(){
//... setorigin for each player, blah blah
}

Activating a zone is just setting a flag. You may need to init the flag first, but still. When they teleport you could check for the kvp script_flag, and set it. I added it above for you. That will activate the zone if in your add_adjacent_zone, you put whatever you put in the kvp script_flag. For example:

If your script_flag kvp is papzone, then in your :
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone("this zone", "that_zone", "papzone", true);
add_adjacent_zone("that_zone", "that_zone1", "papzone", true);
add_adjacent_zone("that_zone1", "thepapzone", "papzone", true);

this zone and that zone are just placeholders but they would be the zones you added between your main zone and your pap zone, setup as one way. It may be backwards, I never remember which way works as one way.

imaybe itd be easier with a kino style telporter, where you link the teleporter pad at each end then it sens you back after a time limit? thats essentially what i want, with the exception of zombies chasing you while you try to upgrade

Well that is not very nice, lol, but much easier. You can prob just fake that, check if the zombie count is 24 yet, if it is, kill one or so, and then spawn_zombie up where the players are now, and so on in a loop while they are there, then just kill them off when you go back. No special zoning needed then I don't think, just make the zone they are in the same as the zone they teleported from
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:54:23 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Noahst's Groups
well i know lol but i want it to have an authentic medievel feel, so i figured crusader zombies in this area would dd to that. right ok so back to the script. i have a tut for a kino teleporter, so basically is just have to add and mess with those functions? im no expert on scripts lol XD

Double Post Merge: January 26, 2016, 07:57:41 pm
ahhhh ok great. so i just need a killswitch for the ones that are in the zone at the original area. will that be possible the zones being the same?
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:57:41 pm by Noahst
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
Activating a zone is just setting a flag. You may need to init the flag first, but still. When they teleport you could check for the kvp script_flag, and set it. I added it above for you. That will activate the zone if in your add_adjacent_zone, you put whatever you put in the kvp script_flag. For example:

If your script_flag kvp is papzone, then in your :
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone("this zone", "that_zone", "papzone", true);
add_adjacent_zone("that_zone", "that_zone1", "papzone", true);
add_adjacent_zone("that_zone1", "thepapzone", "papzone", true);

this zone and that zone are just placeholders but they would be the zones you added between your main zone and your pap zone, setup as one way. It may be backwards, I never remember which way works as one way.
It's much easier than this.

You'll probably have this or similar in mapname.gsc:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// Initial Zone(s) -- Zone(s) You Want Activated At Map Start
zones = [];
zones[ zones.size ] = "start_zone";
Just add this line and don't make the zone adjacent to any other:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
zones[ zones.size ] = "YOUR_PAP_ZONE_NAME";
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
well i know lol but i want it to have an authentic medievel feel, so i figured crusader zombies in this area would dd to that. right ok so back to the script. i have a tut for a kino teleporter, so basically is just have to add and mess with those functions? im no expert on scripts lol XD

That sounds fun. Those functions can get you started, but there is prob still a road ahead. I'll let others chime in though, maybe some one else has a better way. There is always another way, like locking and unlock spawners based on kvps, that would prob work too. All of it requires special scripting though.

as some one has while I wrote this, lol, nice one soy +1. Should take care of everything but what to do with the zombies when no one is there anymore.
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:03:52 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Noahst's Groups
wow seriously? i guess i expected alot more scripting then that lol

Double Post Merge: January 26, 2016, 08:02:21 pm
yeah im sure itll be a long path lol anyways i got a long ways to go before im ready to even set up the zones and stuff, but i wanted a realistic idea of what would be doable
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:02:21 pm by Noahst

Loading ...