Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
NaviLlicious's Groups
NaviLlicious's Contact & Social LinksNaviLliciousNaviLlusShore
Alright I'm seeing some videos where people are rotating around their model freely but when I try rotating I can only rotate around the top of the model and not freely If that makes any sense, I tried looking up ways to fix that and all I saw was to reset the camera rotation settings which didn't work for me, this Is making It extremely difficult to try to make animations because I can't get a front/back view of the model but only a top and bottom view I am using maya 2012
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
In maya 2012, first click on the cube in the upper right corner, so you'll go into 2d view (doesn't matter in which surface of the square you click). .
After that, click the cube again, so you'll go back to 3D view. If done correctly, you can move free around. I don't know another solution to this problem, i always use this.

Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 20 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
NaviLlicious's Groups
In maya 2012, first click on the cube in the upper right corner, so you'll go into 2d view (doesn't matter in which surface of the square you click). (Image removed from quote.).
After that, click the cube again, so you'll go back to 3D view. If done correctly, you can move free around. I don't know another solution to this problem, i always use this.

Lukkie1998
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late one I tried that but It didn't work unfortunately like I can move around to see the front and back of the model but I can only see them sideways but I can move around the left, right, top, and bottom of the model just fine If this Is making any more sense, basically the rotation tool won't let me view the front and back of a model without me being sideways no matter how hard I try to flip the camera around correctly, It just rotates around the model instead of letting me turn my camera the right way

Post Merge: July 13, 2014, 01:39:59 am
And I tried rotating the whole model but It gets my joints everywhere :P
Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:39:59 am by NaviLlicious
Marked as best answer by NaviLlicious 10 years ago
[UGX] Developer
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Make sure you have set the up axis as "Z". You can do this by opening Maya -> Window -> Preference/settings -> Preferences. Then navigate in the left menu to "Settings". Set up axis as Z.

Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 20 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
NaviLlicious's Groups
Oh! That got It working thank you, I don't know why It was set to Y I guess that's default?
[UGX] Developer
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Yeah, maya sets automatically "Y" as up axis. Also, please mark my second answer as best answer, so other people can find an answer on their proplems quicker.

Lukkie1998

Loading ...