UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[User Tutorial] Black Ops Weapon sounds (How To)

broken avatar :(
Created 11 years ago
by P0rkRoyalz
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
TMG Modeller and Animator
Signature
Current W.I.P Map
nazi_zombie_ash (the name may change)
Map Progress:
65%

Need help with guns, sounds or models send me a PM
P0rkRoyalz's Groups
P0rkRoyalz's Contact & Social Linksa13xm33P0rkRoyalzP0rkRoyalz
This is my first tutorial and i thought I should make it because ive seen alot of people having trouble with their Black Ops Weapon sounds and not getting the fire sounds to work. I've ported alot of BO guns and all of mine work each time so i thought i'd share my method of getting the black ops fire sounds to work. (For this you need to own Black Ops and dont ask me or anyone for files because they probably wont give them to you because we paid for the game).

First off you want to have pretty much ported the gun over all the correct xanims and models ect ect now you want to go to your black ops raw folder (root/raw/sound/wpn/examplegunname), assault rifles (galil, ak47) will be in the assault folder, im sure you get what i mean and it will be the same for smgs, shotguns ect.

So im going to use the galil as an example gun, im going to go to root/raw/sound/wpn/galil/ and there will be 3-4 folders (it varies on the weapon type), the 2 folders you will need for you sounds are "plr" and "reload" just copy the folder to your desktop or where ever you want. Now what i do is make the weapon folder for waw (example galil) and in the folder i make 2 folders "fire" and "reload". Now you will need to download tom_bmx's Bo sound tool from his site.

Once you have that open it up now go to the folder with the original black ops fire sounds and reload sounds and drag them into the application and it will convert them to a playable format. Sometimes there will be numerous fire sounds choose one you like (there pretty much all the same anyway, just variation that you wouldnt even notice) delete the other files apart from the one you are using (it will be easier to rename it) rename it to "gunname_fire" (gunname being "galil" for example. now you are going to want to have audacity if you dont have it download it. now open your "gunname_fire" in audacity press ctrl+A to select all now down the bottom of the program there will be a liitle box that controls the frequency of the sound you need to change it from 48000Hz to 44100Hz.
Like this:

To this

now select it all again if it unselects everything the go to file>export selection, a window will appear now you need to change the "save as type" option to other uncompressed file's to look like this:

Once you have done that you need to change the "options" just to the left of the file type now this window will appear and you need to change the options to look like this

Once you have done that click ok and save it and clear any artist information if any exists other wise the file wont work, then your done for the fire sound.
For the reload sounds just drop them into toms Bo sound tool and convert them once they are done just delete the _PCM and your good to go.
Now place your reload and fire sound into the new weapon folder for waw and in there corresponding folders "fire" and "reload" now place the "gunname_folder" in codwawroot/sound_assets/raw/sounds/whatever_folder_you_want_from_here_on.

All that is done now so we need to make a sound alias for the weapon, open weapons.csv in root/raw/soundaliases/ and find a weapon like the brownind for instance just hit ctrl+f and find ".30 Cal" now copy the "weap_30cal_fire_plr" and the "weap_30cal_fire" lines copy the whole line and create a new .csv name it whatever you want it just has to be in raw/soundaliases so once that is done paste the 2 lines into your new.csv, now paste this in your new.csv right at the very top of the file

Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,platform,file,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,doppler,isbig

once that is done rename "weap_30cal_fire_plr" and the "weap_30cal_fire" to work to work with your gun (_plr is the 3rd person sound and _fire is just the first person sound) so mine would look like this "galil_fire_3rd" "galil_fire_1st" you can leave it as _plr and _fire but i just find it easier to know which is which. now you are going to want to change the file path of the sounds in the lines you copied just after the ",," that is where the path starts so just change it to whatever_folder_you_want_from_here_on. (you dont need to include the raw/sounds section of the path.) so it should look something like this:

So now that that is done you need to get an alias line for a reloading sound just find the FG42 line and copy the reloading lines and paste them into your newweapon.csv, now take a look at how many reload sounds your weapon has thats how many lines you need for reloading sounds, the galil has 4 reload sounds so i only need 4 reload lines now rename the start of each line to whatever you want just as long as it corresponds with what the sound is doing (such as the galil mag out sound you can just make the line galil_mag_out or whatever you want). so once that is done for each line and each line name you need to change the path in the line again which is failry similar to the fire path instead it would just be galil/reload/fly_galil_mag_out. so now that that is done it should look like this:

Now you need to add the note tracks to your weapon file so that the reload sounds will play on the right notetrack, so what you want to do is goto root/raw/xanim/examplegun_reload_empty and open the xanim in notepad++ now go down to the bottom of the file and you will find a line usually starting with this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
sndnt#fly_gear_reload_plr

Now what you need to find here are the sections that have sndnt#fly_galil_mag_out_plr, so any thing that looks similar to that but has fly_weaponname in the line copy the ones you need into your weapon file just underneath the knife sound aliases so that it looks like this:

Now you need to go back to the sound alias for you weapon and copy the alias name to match the notetrack for the animation so galil_mag_out will match up to fly_galil_mag_out and so on just like in the picture above, that should be all the reload sounds done, now for the fire sounds go to you weapon file and ctrl+f and find "firesound" (without the qoutes) now next to that you need to change the alias name that is in there to the one you made for your gun so it will be "firesound/galil_fire_1st" and do the same for the firesoundplayer, you can change it for the lastshot sounds as well but its not necissary unless the actual weapon has a "lastshot" sound and animation then it is needed.

Now save the weapon file and the sound alias and go to your mod builder and put this in your mod.csv
Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,galil,,all_mp
and "galil" being the name of your weapon of course now untick build IWD and untick build mod.ff fastfile and tick only build sounds once that is done click build mod, it should do its thing and finish now go to root/raw/sound/whatever_folder_name_you_chose_for_your_weapon and you weapon folder should be there and so should the fire and reload folders along with the sounds inside them, now what you want to do is copy whatever_folder_name_you_chose_for_your_weapon and go to your map/mod folder and create a folder called sound if one doesnt already exist now paste it in the new sound folder you made. go back to the mod builder untick build sounds and tick both build mod.ff fastfile and build IWD now in the side pane where you select your images and scripts should be the new folder sound/whatever_folder_name_you_chose_for_your_weapon tick the folders and files related to your weapon now build the mod, and that should be it then test in game and you should have working sounds for your ported Bo gun.
I have used this dozens of times for me and for other members of the community and i have had a 101% success rate, if it doesnt work or you dont understand something post below or pm me, i might have forgotten or typed something wrong and explained something weirdly so if thats the case let me know and ill fix it, and if this tutorial helped you and worked for you post below and let me know
Good luck with your weapon sounds
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
cool, good tutorial +1  :)
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Stickied, plus one.
  • zombie madness
  • Deleted Member
zombie madness
This user is deleted :(
doing all that is completly silly use toms tool (bo1 sound tool) go to where bo1 is installed drag and drop put them where they need to be bam done no need for audacity and converting them toms tool does that
Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:36:08 pm by SajeOne
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
doing all that is completly silly use toms tool (bo1 sound tool) go to where bo1 is installed drag and drop put them where they need to be bam done no need for audacity and converting them toms tool does that
Please don't quote whole tutorials...
  • zombie madness
  • Deleted Member
zombie madness
no comment
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
no comment
Your post is a comment. No comment would be not posting.
  • zombie madness
  • Deleted Member
zombie madness
Your post is a comment. No comment would be not posting.
lol that made me chuckle  ;D  ;D

Loading ...