Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Let's all just light up a blunt, and make stuff.
AlecKeaneDUB's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
AlecKeaneDUB's Contact & Social LinksaleckeanedubAlecKeaneDUBAlecKeaneDUB
Hey wonderful people of UGX! Just thought this quick little tip/tutorial might be appealing to some who are looking to really perfect their map or have some accurate player dialogue. Nothing huge, but let's get started.

Basically what this does is allow you to change a player's voiceovers when getting a specific weapon from one set of quotes to another. You can use this to have a character accurately react to what type/grade of weapon that they get from the mystery box, or maybe off the wall. *example video at bottom of post*

For example:
If a player gambles at the box and they happen to get a Colt .45, the player would most likely react with a quote about what a PoS the gun is. But if they perhaps got a the PPSH or maybe the FG42, they'd probably have something to say about getting ready make it rain brains up in this bitch.

Now keep in mind, all stock WaW weapons already have their correct quotes (although you could still change them if you wanted to), so this will usually apply to custom/ported weapons.
Take a look at this image of zombiemode_weapons.gsc:

The boxed in column shows the name of the vox that it will play. Most people, when adding custom weapons, may just copy the whole line for the Colt, paste it however many times they need, and just change the weapon file name to each custom weapon in their map. Most of the time they don't even bother with "vox_crappy" and just leave it as is (with the exception of experienced members, of course).

- There are 7 stock WaW sets of quotes which include and can be used as:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"vox_crappy" //used for pistols or low grade weapons a player probably wouldn't want
"vox_shotgun" //used for shotguns
"vox_ppsh" //used for high-damage weapons
"vox_357" //used for high-damage pistols
"vox_mp40" //used for submachine guns
"vox_mg" //used for LMGs
"vox_panzer" //used for launchers/explosive weapons
Now obviously you can use whichever one you would like for whatever weapon, those are just as used in WaW and suggested.
- All you must do is edit the "vox_" to your liking, save your script and rebuild your mod.

That's all there is to it! Hopefully someone may find this helpful even though it's a very minor thing ;)

Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:16:58 am by AlecKeaneDUB
broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 21 September 2014
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Let's all just light up a blunt, and make stuff.
AlecKeaneDUB's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
AlecKeaneDUB's Contact & Social LinksaleckeanedubAlecKeaneDUBAlecKeaneDUB
Nice man, I will have to update my weapons to have vox!
Thanks! Glad you can use it!

Loading ...