2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
Hey guys. Got another problem here. There are some models i'm trying to rescale in order to use them as debris and stuff. Since modelscale doesn't work on script models, i rescaled the models on maya and converted back to waw, but it didn't work and the models still look the same.

to rescale the models i used the following console command on maya:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
scale -r 2.5 2.5 2.5

i think the problem here is the method i used to rescale the models, but since i'm far more than inexperienced in maya i've absolutely no idea what i'm doing.

i hope i made myself clear about this. Thanks in advance.
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Is the model being influenced by anything or is it just the mesh? I would also try using the regular scale tool. You can select it from the left side tool bar and then with the model selected click and drag on the middle box to scale the model on all axis'.

It could also be that the exporter you are using isn't scaling it for the unit conversion. Then you would just be scaling it up to it's regular size. You could try scaling it to be gigantic to test this.^
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
@Sajeone, the command i used does what regular scaling tool does. The only reason i did it that way is i wanted to scale the model on both sizes. I'll try what you said though. Maybe i did something wrong, eh?
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
@Sajeone, the command i used does what regular scaling tool does. The only reason i did it that way is i wanted to scale the model on both sizes. I'll try what you said though. Maybe i did something wrong, eh?
Yeah I just wasn't sure if the argument there was custom or not. I would investigate my second theory.
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
2015 Contest Winner
Just as i expected, it didn't work. Last time i checked we weren't able to rescale the script models. If there is a workaround for it i'll be glad to do that instead of reexporting the models.
Marked as best answer by johndoe 10 years ago
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
You have to freeze the transformations after scaling the model. CoD does not support transformations on meshes so you need to force the current transformations to be the base size of the model. To do this, scale your model and then with it still selected go to Mesh -> Freeze Transformations. Then export it again.

If you still can't get it to work, create a joint in the scene, name it tag_origin, then bind your mesh to the joint. Then scale the joint and export with "Force Export Selected Joints" checked.
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
2015 Contest Winner
You have to freeze the transformations after scaling the model. CoD does not support transformations on meshes so you need to force the current transformations to be the base size of the model. To do this, scale your model and then with it still selected go to Mesh -> Freeze Transformations. Then export it again.

If you still can't get it to work, create a joint in the scene, name it tag_origin, then bind your mesh to the joint. Then scale the joint and export with "Force Export Selected Joints" checked.
thanks trem, finally got it.

Loading ...