Signature
Current W.I.P Map
nazi_zombie_ash (the name may change)
Map Progress:
65%

Need help with guns, sounds or models send me a PM
P0rkRoyalz's Groups
P0rkRoyalz's Contact & Social Linksa13xm33P0rkRoyalzP0rkRoyalz
i have the sickle and im replacing it with the bowie in the ballistic knife viewmodel and i deleted the original joints from the bowie to try and make it easier and less problematic (if thats a word), ive bound the joints and here it is normaly after binding the joints

but after when i try and rotate/spin it should move fine and i should be able to put it upside down if i wanted to but  heres what happens instead (the handle)

what would be causing the mesh to not completely bind to the joints? ive selected the mesh and then selected hierarchy then selected the joint and bind it but it still ends up doing this...

also when the sickle model is in game wether its the sickle on its own or ballistic version it looks seethrough like if you were to make the texture "blend" in assetmanager but i havent so would anyone know what i might have to change on the model in maya to stop this?

any help to solve this would be much appreciated  thanks :)
Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:25:18 pm by P0rkRoyalz
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
if you are trying to rotate it why don't you just rotate the mesh before binding it.
3D Modeler & Animator
Date Registered: 25 June 2011
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Messatsu!
Signature
Darkmapper's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Did you bind both joints to the mesh? I suppose the whole sickle is 1 object, so when you bind 2 joints to this object the movement of 1 joints affects the mesh itself as it has 2 influences.

Did you delete the bowie knife rig and create a own one? That would require you to animate it yourself as you cant use the bowie knife animations anymore.

As for your problem, only bind the root joint to the sickle, dont bind anything to the other joints and you should be fine.
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
TMG Modeller and Animator
P0rkRoyalz's Groups
if you are trying to rotate it why don't you just rotate the mesh before binding it.
The mesh is already in the correct position but I was just showing what happens after I bind it, where if it was properly bound I could rotate it freely, but I was only showing that because not all the mesh gets bound then it gets stretched in game

Did you bind both joints to the mesh? I suppose the whole sickle is 1 object, so when you bind 2 joints to this object the movement of 1 joints affects the mesh itself as it has 2 influences.

Did you delete the bowie knife rig and create a own one? That would require you to animate it yourself as you cant use the bowie knife animations anymore.

As for your problem, only bind the root joint to the sickle, dont bind anything to the other joints and you should be fine.

Which 2 joints would you happen to be talking about there are 3 joints that go to the "Bowie/sickle" side of the weapon "tag_origin" "origin_anim_jnt" and "tag_knife_fx" since "tag_origin" is the first joint for the Bowie/sickle I bound that one to the sickle mesh and then after I also tried "origin_anim_init" but I still got the same out come.

I deleted the Bowie knife side of the joints if that what you mean and I started "fresh" for the new model on the Bowie/sickle side

Which joint do you mean "root joint" j_gun?
3D Modeler & Animator
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Messatsu!
Darkmapper's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Oh im sorry, i thought the root join was named "J_Gun", sorry about that.

The joint that you rotated in the pic appears to be the root joint. Try only binding that join to the mesh.
Dont bind the other joints to anything.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
P0rkRoyalz's Groups
Oh im sorry, i thought the root join was named "J_Gun", sorry about that.

The joint that you rotated in the pic appears to be the root joint. Try only binding that join to the mesh.
Dont bind the other joints to anything.

yes, i also tried that but the same thing happens, would i have to re-rig the whole model for it to work correctly? i dont know what else to think of...
3D Modeler & Animator
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Messatsu!
Darkmapper's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
yes, i also tried that but the same thing happens, would i have to re-rig the whole model for it to work correctly? i dont know what else to think of...

Check the "smooth bind" settings and make it so that only the selected joints gets bound to the mesh and not the whole hirarchy. Otherwise i cant think of anything that would make the model deform by when just having 1 joint influencing it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
P0rkRoyalz's Groups
Check the "smooth bind" settings and make it so that only the selected joints gets bound to the mesh and not the whole hirarchy. Otherwise i cant think of anything that would make the model deform by when just having 1 joint influencing it.
thats pretty much what i have been doing all along and i just tested if i just place a joint with nothing connected to it in the handle of the sickle and bind it it doesnt deform when rotating it, so could it be something to do with the original skeleton that doesnt like the sickle being bound to it? would it just be easier to make a whole new skeleton for it instead?
3D Modeler & Animator
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Messatsu!
Darkmapper's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
You can send me the scene if you want. Ill try to fix it and later tell what exactly the problem was.

Loading ...