or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - XEcW22

I'm with Sco on this one, what's wrong with using ZK's tuts?
I know, this is just proper credit. Besides, ZK's tuts are probably the best tuts to learn from so that's 2 things im confused on now ???
8 years ago
I must say, this map is phenomenal. I'm glad you posted this, I've played it for like the past hour or so.
Good to know, thanks for reading the review :D
8 years ago
Welcome to UGX man! Hope you enjoy hanging out here, looking forward to seeing more of your reviews. What got you into writing reviews?
Well, I always liked talking to friends and such about maps and video games in general. It just seems fun and cool saying what I think about a map/game in my honest opinion and having people listen to that opinion. I guess I just kind of brought it over to UGX and figured why not start writing some map reviews :D

Double Post Merge: February 08, 2016, 02:48:53 am
Welcome to UGX! I look forward to seeing some more of your reviews  ;)
Thanks m8 ;)
8 years ago
so a map with only world at war weapons would be a 0/10? i thought this was a MAPreview not a GUNreview...
No as long as they had other custom content. If you had UGX Requiem but with stock weapons, that would probably be a 6/10 7/10 because it has so much other custom content. It just affects the CUSTOM CONTENT section slightly. Notice how i rated other sides of the map with other features, which all combines making it a full map review. Not just a one part of the map review, just because the Custom content is down 1 point because the weapons were not that amazing, doesn't mean it's a gun review. Also, things like weapons go into the map flow which affects the maps play, so if the weapons are bringing it down and make the game-play not as fun, it is important to include that in the review.
8 years ago
So Iv'e only been here since January 1, but I totally forgot to officially introduce myself to the community :-\. Hope to be meeting and getting to know you guys :D Looking foreword to reviewing, making, and helping people make some custom zombie maps. See you guys around!!
8 years ago
Custom Content: 8/10 ..just curious - What custom conted did it need to have for a 9?
Ya, exactly what hitman said, the weapons are what brought it down. A couple more custom weapons and would have easily been a nine.
8 years ago
Thanks man, had a fun time writing it ;)
About time someone reviewed this map ;)
Agreed, when I was thinking about a map to review I was shocked no one did this one so I gave it a shot
8 years ago

First of all, let me start off by saying for a first map, the detail is unbelievable! For a first map this is really REALLY good. This would be a great map for a third or fourth map, this a Numero UNO. Anyway let me talk about detail, which is amazing for a first map. The textures, models, environment, and backround music all blend together to a tee! It feels great, everything looks and feels amazing! I feel like it is one of the best atmospheres of all custom maps, and at least in the top 10 best atmospheres on all zombie maps iv'e ever played.

Next Custom content: Again for a first map, amazing! With a major EE, and secondary EE for some Wonder Weapons, buildables, and custom PAP camo, this map is loaded from top to bottom with tons of cool and fun custom content that will keep this map fun and different every time you get on it. Only thing I really didn't love 100% was the weapons, they were decent but felt stale after a while. Another thing I would like to point out is that this map is CHALLENGING!! It is a challenge right from the get-go and was a challenge all the way through. For newer players this is going to be a tough pill to swallow as I have completed all EE on all Treyarch maps and still this map was tough for me, defiantly a good challenge though as when I died partway through the EE I still felt like going at it a second time.

This leads me right into my next point, Replayability. This map has some really great replay value and has a great flow which always brings me back with a new energy to play this map again. It has a great feel and plays good while it it has a  top of the line zombie feel and for me. BUT the weapons aren't 100% on key and frankly kind of stale which brings it down a little. But overall, is bringing me back for some more.

For Fun-Scale, It is really good! For experienced players  ;). As for newer players/noobs it is horrible. This goes back to the difficulty thing, it's tough man!! If you can't clutch your way out of a corner or two, this map is really not fun at all as you'll be dying on round 8 or 10 if you don't get a Ray Gun and and a good AR on your first couple box pulls. Perks are hard to come by, which also adds to the challenge. But as an seasoned zombie player, this map is a blast! I really enjoyed it and with a couple friends this is just a all-round great time. Sitting down and slaying some un-dead on this beautiful map is a great time.

Overall Rating for Das Herrenhaus:
Level of Detail: 9/10
Custom Content: 8/10
Fun Scale: 9/10
Replayability: 9/10

Overall Score: 35/40

Download
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9998.0.html

Final notes:
With a great feel, flow, environment, and textures this a great map and is defiantly worth a download. Play with some friends, play by your self, go for a high round, or go for the EE, this map is a blast either way you put it and is a great piece of custom-mappery :D
8 years ago
DAAAAAAWWWWWMMMMMMM! Everything about this is just amazing, cant wait to play it :gusta:
8 years ago
looks pretty cool, keep it up :D
8 years ago
Also, another good way to learn gsc is by looking the Scripting Help Desk in the forum and trying to script yourself whatever people ask. Even though it's already solved, just to test yourself. This'll make you look to the Script Reference to find functions you need or look to some WaW scripts to see how to do some things.

I think that's what helped me the most. When I started learning gsc I used to go here and tried to find the errors in people's scripts or tried to script people's requests.

You'll start making shitty scripts at the beginning (if you saw the scripts I made for my first map... :D ) but you'll improve them in some time.
cool man, thanks for the info ;)
8 years ago
this map is messed up i cant even play it cus there is no start i start up the game wanna play gun game and there is no fucking start button its so messed up
For crying out loud, read the top of the FREAKING POST >:(
8 years ago
unreal, this map is freaking awesome! :D thanks for the release ;)
8 years ago
if you wanted to learn from treyarchs stuff i would recommend looking through _zombiemode_perks.gsc ( and dlc3_code.gsc for anything you cant find, like the power switch functionality )

I see a lot of people voting against that one as a start point, by was the first thing i came into here, and found it "fairly" easy to read. It clearly defines the functions for turning the induvidual machines on ( alhtough does them each "hard coded" instead of in some "dynamic" way )

Its pretty much a standalone, so anything you need, or relates to it, is pretty much in that file somewhere. Anything that isnt - will be in one of the scripts listed at the top

It covers how and where to properly thread, so that you can "precache" corectly, before moving onto the code to execute "after" load ( so the main functionality ) - precaching is very important, so a good place to see what they did

Its also shows you rought examples of how to use and swap models, use FX, use sounds, use hud elements to show things like the perk icons and interact with a players inventory and points

Id maybe give that a quick read or two, if it seems to confusing then maybe look at something else. youll find the top is the "init" function for geting started, below that is that pack a punch functionality, and below that is the "perks" functionality. So Is quite basically laid out
cool man, will defiantly give it a read through or two, thanks for the suggetion ;)
8 years ago
Loading ...