or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - wundrweapon

Some of you may know of THUGPro, a mod of the PC version of Tony Hawk's Underground, which aims to overhaul the game to a state of near perfection, partially by phasing in elements from the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (THPS) series. At least that's what it seems to be from what little research I did :P

So I had a thought: would it be possible to make something similar on MW3? Could MW3's Steam release be overhauled and made as pro as it's perks?

This is where my knowledge ends - I simply don't know enough to answer this question. So, Call of Duty experts, answer me this: can MW3 be fully modded like THUGPro?

Bonus question: when the Black Ops 3 mod tools are finally released, can this be done to BO3?
Secondary Bonus Question: what about W@W?
8 years ago
as was I

"why bother doing this for BO1 when the tools are - incomplete, lack radiant and any kind of support"

especially as "black ops 3 tools" "will" be coming out in the future - with higher limits and capabilities making things like this unnecesary again
oh. well poo. thanks, at least, for telling me that those tools were incomplete, as I didn't know that
8 years ago
no point, BO3 tools are supposed to be coming next year anyway and we still would not be able to map

I was talking about the first Black Ops
8 years ago
Do you think you could make something like this for Black Ops that also allows use of the dev console?
8 years ago
1) I'll check it out, though I haven't heard of this before.
2) Console can't do anything about that since it's controlled by script/stringtable
3) Adding new letters into fonts is impossible because of how CoD does fonts. They read from a compiled font then the information from that is passed to the IWI its font is defined in and will show the character from there based on the position in that certain.

Well, that sucks. Is there any way I can do so without doing my own scripting (which, knowing my knowledge of non-Java programming languages, will make my computer implode)?
8 years ago
Is there a way to do the following:
1) Tab out to the external console without crashing the game (it always crashes when I tab out)
2) Use either the internal/external console to change how many points I have (even if I need sv_cheats to be true)

Also, perhaps you can make a new addition to this mod: allowing players to make macros for typing stuff in chat. Specifically, I want to have a button put a lenny into the chat (does W@W's chat even support unicode? If not, perhaps that's another spot for modification)

Besides all of that, this is great. It's a truly fantastic, well-built tool. I applaud you sir.
8 years ago
Once cheats is on you have to restart the map in order for the commands to be unblocked.

That doesnt make since. I had this working a few months ago before my controls needed a resst, and that wasnt the case.

Double Post Merge: November 02, 2015, 08:37:34 pm
I dun it!

So fortunately, I guess I gave the line to my friend a while back and he got it to me. What we were missing is an odd little phrase that does the work. This line of code should do the trick:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
bind F6 "selectstringtableentryindvar x x sv_cheats 1;cg_fov 90"

That will set sv_cheats to true and cg_fov to 90. If you want to add more things to the same line, just ike DidUknowiPwn said, separate them with semi-colons and no spaces

Have a nice day, m8z!
8 years ago
never mind, that didn't work. I have one line in the file as:
bind F6 "sv_cheats 1;cg_fov 90"
and it doesn't work. perhaps I have the wrong file? what's the correct one?

EDIT: i'm gonna use T4M for what it is and being able to un-cheatlock the FoV commands, but that to me is a quick fix. I need to be able to enable sv_cheats witha keybind, so I'm still looking for an answer to that
8 years ago
bind KEY cmd;cmd2;cmd3

For F6

bind F6 sv_cheats 1;cg_fov 90

Or you can use T4M if you want access to cg_fov dvars w/o having to be in dev/cheat.

Edit: If you're setting it from the config just make sure to put the commands in quotation marks (i.e. bind F6 "cmd;cmd2").
The above statements were for console execution.

thanks! maybe I'll try T4M? For now config works
8 years ago
I know there's a way to change the config.cfg file to run commands at the push of a keybind, but how? And at that, how do you assign a keybind to more than one command?
Specifically, I want to assign F6 to sv_cheats 1, cg_fov 90, and god so that when I just wanna derp around for a while, I don't need to devmap and type the cheats myself

Call me out for cheating if you must, but that doesn't solve the problem.
~wundr
8 years ago
Great map. Enjoyed very much. Will you be adding Mule Kick and Electric Cherry to this map?

Cherry's there, just in the EE room. As for mule kick, I wish it was there, but it seems as though the map's met it's final update
9 years ago
Edit: Oh wait, you probably know this but wanted something for convenience. lol

Edit2: Figured it out, with a url shortcut put this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
steam://run/10090//+set fs_game mods\<modname>

(must be a backslash after mods like shown)
Thank you sooo much that's exactly what I was looking for! :)
9 years ago
Upon installing a UGX map via the .exe it comes with, I get a new folder featuring a shortcut. This shortcut leads to my CoDWaW.exe file and has the extra notation +set fs_game "mods/mod name here" (iirc).

But this is all stuff you know.

The thing is, it doesn't launch the Steam overlay, so I can't view my FPS and message people through Steam. I tried replacing the .exe shortcut with steam://rungameid/10090 and using an internet shortcut instead, but when I do that, the mod isn't loaded. Is there any way that I can have a shortcut launch the game with the mod AND have the Steam overlay available?

Thanks, ~wundr
9 years ago
Also I found a bug when playing with CreeperFace where sometimes powerdowns will affect everybody, including the one who picked it up. On rare occasion, the only person affected is the one who picks it up
9 years ago
Loading ...