or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Wild_LD

Eh, I don't really know. If his perks use their own unique perk FX(s) then they should still work... however who knows what else could be missing? No real harm in trying it I guess but personally I'd would make sure mod tools is in working order before messing with things to avoid weird issues.

I have installed his perks to see if that fixes the error but now it pops up saying this instead of everything else:

script runtime error
(see console for details)
cannot cast undefined to bool

These are all the new errors the console.log shows:

_Debug.gsc errors:
http://pastebin.com/qabMMHB3

Weapons or something?:
http://pastebin.com/sGuAfH3n

More _debug...I don't really know:
http://pastebin.com/6wfYzJf7

Something about _music.csc?:
http://pastebin.com/jV9aEtGw
8 years ago

Is it in the IWD in appdata at all?

Eh, I don't really know. If his perks use their own unique perk FX(s) then they should still work... however who knows what else could be missing? No real harm in trying it I guess but personally I'd would make sure mod tools is in working order before messing with things to avoid weird issues.

Yes it is. How do you suggest me doing that? How do you test the tools?
8 years ago

Did you click the checkbox in launcher and rebuild your mod and IWD? Should be listed under "maps" like this:

(Image removed from quote.)

blizzard FX missing is pretty typical. You can probably just comment( // ) that precache line out in root/raw/clientscripts/<mapname>.csc since no script/function should be using it.

Looks like your missing perk FX. That is not normal at all and could very well be caused by missing mod tool files.

The error related to the power switch will probably go away once you add a power switch. Treyarch never checked for whether the power switch exists so the function just runs and it causes developer errors.

I did check it and rebuilt the mod. I just reinstalled WaW and the mod tools today to see if that fixed the problem but it didn't. Would that be fixed if I added Harry's perks because that's what I am going to be doing in the future. After I add those I will then be able to add a power switch.

Double Post Merge: June 05, 2016, 09:20:00 pm
Oops I didn't mean to write my reply in the quote xD
8 years ago
Here is what it says from the start of the script runtime errors all the way down to the bottom of the file:
http://pastebin.com/GgUJkvCH

It has multiple errors listed but the _debug on is still there somewhere. Also, I don't know why some of them talk about blizzard weather or whatever it says because I don't have any of that stuff on the map?
8 years ago

No, that's fine. You can also look at the console in-game realtime by doing shift + tilda(`). Either way it gives the error.

To fix that error just copy _debug.gsc from root/raw/maps into your root/mods/<mapname>/maps. The _debug that comes with the game(and you are currently using) is from the game's development and using deprecated developer functions. _debug.gsc from raw/maps should have that commented out.

It's still doing the same thing :/
8 years ago

Holy crap, someone besides me is actually paying attention to developer errors. The world must be coming to an end. /joke

Can you provide the error log via the console? Everytime that comes up it spits out a error log that points out where the error is coming from.

Are you talking about the console.log under ROOT/mods/my_map_name? I have never done this before and that's the only log I see. The WaW console doesn't show up for me unless the game crashes.

Anyway, here is a pastebin with what's inside the console.log that says script runtime error and everything below it.
http://pastebin.com/1xXZgnYc

Here is a link that you can see the whole log and or download it if you wish. It's just to big for pastebin xD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ThqE3nZuZySlNXY0tKTlVDRWc/view?usp=sharing

If this isn't the log you are talking about can you please explain how you get the other one? Sorry I am a bit dumb when it comes to this troubleshooting stuff and what not xD

8 years ago
That basically explains itself, go trough your script_structs and see wich ones have the same name :/

Copy it to root\mods\modname\images, tick in Launcher and build mod.ff and IWD.

So I have gotten to the point now where I can start and load up the map. However, once I am in the game My screen just gets popups. I have recorded a little video so you guys can see for yourself.

Here is the video: (Yes, I am making a remake of Der Riese)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxY0LuYlByw&feature=youtu.be
8 years ago
This map looks really good. Great job :)
8 years ago
That fixed the game crashing :) but now it kicks me back to the main menu after the Activision loading screen and says:

script runtime error
(see console for details)
assert fail: Two structs have the same linkname

I really appreciate you guys helping me through this.
8 years ago
I've just done mapping. I haven't edited weapons or added scripts or anything yet or anything outside of radiant. All of the prefab I've added worked fine when the map last didn't crash. Since then I've only added brushes with default textures and default models.

Double Post Merge: June 05, 2016, 04:30:30 pm
If it's an image error, WaW will crash if it can't fine ui images, etc. for example if you add overlay for a sniper in Weapon file, and image isn't included, it will crash.

I found the iwi that it says it's missing under raw/images in my cod waw directory. Should I copy the image to another location? If so then where would you think?
8 years ago
It crashes as soon as I type devmap then the map name and press enter. It will show the very first part of the Activision loading screen, literally a split second and then crash and the WaW console says couldn't find ui_button_a or something like that.
8 years ago
That fixed all those errors but the map still crashes :/ The only other error that pops up is the pathnode ones (I can add them in if those are map breaking errors) and ERROR: Texture repeats too many times.

Also when the game crashes it says something like couldn't find ui_button_a or something like that.

Thanks for your help though. I just wish I could get it to work because I have been working on this map for 8 months xD
8 years ago
That did fix the one pixel per inch error but the map still crashes. Any idea how to fix any of these errors?

ERROR: Lightmap coordinates don't change in at least one direction; try the LMAP or NATURAL buttons in the surface dialog.

or

ERROR: surface 'decal_destruction_roof_burned' is partially floating or needs to be aligned

or

ERROR: surface 'zombie_logo' is partially floating or needs to be aligned
8 years ago
Thanks for the reply. I watched the video and did what it said but it doesn't work. Is there like a way to select everything and change them at once or something?
8 years ago
Hey guys, I am trying to compile and test a map I've been working on. Whenever I load the map it crashes as soon as I load the map in console to play it. I've made and played maps before so I am not sure why it's not working. I did notice there are some errors in the console when I try and compile the map that I have never seen before and I was wondering if anyone knows what the problem is. I've tried going in and fixing the things that the errors are saying but it makes no sense because some of the stuff isn't even there. For example, when it says that some pathnodes are floating or overlapping. That doesn't make sense because I have no pathnodes in the map yet :/ I have included a copy of the launcher console after attempting to compile the map so you can see the errors. The pastebin link contains the whole console in case you need it. The code box below shows the errors only. Also the Error: Acess to path    errors are not what I am talking about.

http://pastebin.com/3eSvFumD

Code Snippet
Plaintext
ERROR: surface 'decal_destruction_roof_burned' is partially floating or needs to be aligned
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 2002 at -585 -2942 281
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 2003 at -585 -2927 263
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 2002 at -581 -2942 281
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 2003 at -581 -2927 263

ERROR: Lightmap uses more than one pixel per inch.
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 293 at 499 414 24
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 294 at 385 414 24
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 294 at 387 414 24
ERROR: Texture repeats too many times.
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 1688 at 279 -2750 547

ERROR: Lightmap coordinates don't change in at least one direction; try the LMAP or NATURAL buttons in the surface dialog.
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 2 at 9 6 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 2 at 18 6 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 2 at 12 6 -3
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 2 at 27 6 -14
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 27 4 -25
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 27 4 7
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 27 4 17
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 8 4 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 27 4 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 13 4 -3
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 2 at -19 6 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 2 at -9 6 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 2 at -12 6 -3
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 2 at -28 6 -14
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 1 at -9 4 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 1 at -28 4 8
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 1 at -12 4 -3
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 1 at -28 4 -24
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 99 brush 1 at 14 2 -1
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 99 brush 1 at -18 2 -1
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 99 brush 1 at -3 2 -51
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 100 brush 8 at -4 2 -46
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 100 brush 12 at 2 2 -46
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 101 brush 22 at -5 -11 -43
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 101 brush 25 at 1 -11 -43
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 75 14 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 57 14 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 45 14 -54
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 46 14 -49
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 46 14 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 88 14 -81
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 88 8 -102
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 44 8 -46
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 45 8 -50
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 44 8 -54
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 46 8 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 88 8 -54
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 70 8 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -41 14 -44
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -43 14 -48
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -41 14 -52
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -61 14 -71
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -84 14 -79
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -42 8 -48
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -41 8 -44
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -41 8 -52
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -61 8 -71
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -85 8 -81
Writing D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.d3dbsp

Light grid sample point file 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.grid' not found.
Vis cache logfile 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.vclog' not found; using static model origins only.
Using 517707 grid points from grid logfile 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.grid_auto'.
Light grid sample point file 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.grid_not' not found.

ERROR: Pathnode (Begin) at (1197.8 -283.8 100) is floating
ERROR: Pathnode (Begin) at (1197.8 -891.8 100) is floating
ERROR: Pathnode (Begin) at (1290.2 -892.7 100) is floating
ERROR: Pathnode (Begin) at (1290.2 -284.7 100) is floating
Connecting paths: Start...
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1427.3 400.8 66.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 5%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (986.8 384.5 20.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 10%
Connecting paths: 15%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (443.5 384.3 20.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 20%
Connecting paths: 25%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (31.7 -119.3 20.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 30%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (357.6 -1145.3 -63.875) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 35%
Connecting paths: 40%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (-89.8 -249.6 66.375) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 45%
Connecting paths: 50%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (-216.9 -353.2 94.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 55%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1127.8 -283.8 62.1613) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 60%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1127.8 -891.8 70.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 65%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1360.2 -892.7 64.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 70%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1360.2 -284.7 64.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 75%
Connecting paths: 80%
Connecting paths: 85%
ERROR: Pathnode (Path) at (1156.5 -1406.7 205.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 90%
Connecting paths: 95%
Connecting paths: 100%
Connecting paths: Done

I'm not 100% sure that this is why the map wont work but I have never seen these errors before and they don't make sense and I have no idea how to fix them. If you can help that would be great! Thank you :)
8 years ago
Loading ...