or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Wild_LD

i love the map just saw the vid if you need fx made let me know be glad to help pm me

Thanks! Will do ;)
8 years ago
Buildables have always been pretty fun for me and my friends when we play. Check at DualVII's tutorial on that. So far you seem off to a good start. I certainly wouldn't mind beta testing with my friends and asking their feedback as well. You seem like you have spent the time to thoroughly think through your map and features, which is certainly better than I did on my first map! Keep it up!

Thank you :) I'll look into that tutorial when I'm ready to try and add them. Once I'm done adding this new part of the map and re arranging the perk machines around I will PM you a link to test :)
8 years ago
This looks like it'd be fun to play. Can't wait ;)
8 years ago
This is very different from what we are used to playing. Great job!
8 years ago
This map looks really awesome! Great job with it! :)
8 years ago
Hey! So for the past month or so I have been really wanting to get into making custom zombie maps. I'm finally, after many restarts and what not, ready to share the first preview on my very first map! With all that said, let's get right into it.

History: So for a few years I have wanted to make a custom zombie map. I never took the time to learn how. This past month or so I have been learning the basics of mapping. I hope in the future to be able to learn scripting as well. Anyway since the mod tools for BO3 have been announced I hope to make maps for that game as well. I decided to finish this map (It's not done yet) to help prepare myself for BO3 mapping.

Title: I made the title Greenbound and to be honest, I really have no idea why. Before I started actually making the map I just randomly thought of this name. I thought maybe it was another map already so I looked it up but couldn't find anything. I really don't know why I thought of it but it sounded cool to me so I'm gonna roll with it. I hope in BO3 to make a map similar to this, but obviously better. It'd basically be Greenbound v2.0. V1.0 - v1.9 at most would be updates to the WaW map, and v2.0 - whatever would be the BO3 map. I have other plans already for what I'd like to try and make in BO3 so I might never do Greenbound v2.0 but who knows ;)

Purpose/Idea/Description: So this map has no real idea or purpose such as a map like requiem for example. Like I said before I am making this to learn the program and prepare for BO3. I have kind of re-imagined the map to give it a little more purpose. I have plans for making the outside section a spooky forest scene and extending the house and possibly adding a church to kind of give it an old abandoned town feel. I'm not really sure how to explain it well. I just wanted to turn my learning experience into something at least. I hope you understand what I'm saying xD

Current features:
- Starting pistol is changed to the "Magnum" from Halo
- Dog rounds are currently the "boss" round. I'm not sure if I plan on changing this at least on WaW
- Black Ops and Black Ops 2 perks, including wunderfizz
- Pack a Punch
- WaW weapons. Again, I'm not sure if I plan on changing this in WaW
- PPSH on the wall
- Dolphin diving
- Custom pack a punch camo
- 4 perk limit

Planed Features:
- Zombie counter
- A church building added
- Perks moved to new locations after other part of the map are built
- Add mule kick after other sections of the map are built
- Possibly, as states before, changing WaW guns to others such as BO guns
- Buildables
- Adding secret rooms that can only be accessed through easter eggs
- Different player/zombies models (I've already tried before but couldn't get it to work because of other features in the map. If I can get it to work it will be added)
- Added wonder weapons such as staffs, blundergat and so on
- Much Much Much more detail added with in the map, as well as outside the map such as more trees, grass, better bushes around the border of the map and so on
- Edit the terrain so it has small dips and ditches so it isn't just flat and boring
- Various easter eggs
- Singleplayer and co-op custom menu buttons or just a whole custom main menu all together
- Possibly a custom loading screen if I get around to it
- Special effects like fog or rain or something like that
- Possibly a music menu

Planned Changes:
- As states before, Weapons changes
- As stated before, Player/Zombie model changes
- As stated before, perk locations moved around
- Fixed lighting to make it not so bright
- New boss round possibly
- New skybox, not to sure yet
- Fixing the clips around the map so you don't get caught on them as much as of now
- Changing textures of everything around the map to make the textures flow better together.

Known Bugs (Obviously the map isn't nearly finished):
- Zombies not entering the room with electric cherry
- Textures not showing correctly in certain areas
- Mystery box not moving after getting the bear

Video: (I'm not sure if just a link is okay. If not can a mod or admin please let me know? Thank you!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CRUP-3_me4&feature=youtu.be

Feedback: Please! Leave feedback below! I'm mainly looking for ideas for what to build or maybe what to change such as textures. Perk location or box locations! Whatever you feel that could improve the map please let me know! If you like it please tell me if not all of it, what specifically. I'm looking for absolutely ALL thoughts about every aspect of the map so far! Thank you!

Map Testing: I know the map is still in very early development but if you like to help test out the map that would be great! I'm going on a trip during Thanksgiving and there is a 5-6 hour car ride both there and back. I'll have all that time including free time during the week to work on the map. After this trip I'll be willing to give out the current progress of the map to testers. I'll be choosing around 5-8 testers at most. To "apply" to be a tester just let me know that you are interested by either replying to this topic or messaging me on here :) Yes, you will be credited as a tester when the first official release is out ;)

Current credits:
- Harry Bo21 for the perks!
- HitmanVere for the Pack-a-Punch texture!
- HitmanVere again for his House prefab I used!
- Marsvinking for a prefab download for debris. Even though I didn't only use them, it still helped ;)
- sevengpluke  for the tutorial on adding the Magnum as the starting weapon!
- The whole UGX community for helping with any questions I asked even if you didn't know it was for this map ;)

Please remember this is my first map and it's no where near it's full and finished release. Please don't get upset, I'm still learning :)

I don't mean to be "that guy" but if you wouldn't mind checking out my YouTube that would be great!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN3wxr_QyA_5iFbNH7-LWOg

- AGC Trolling  :troll:
8 years ago
It says I need the map manager to download this....when I go to get it it says I cant view the link because I need to register or login..however I am logged in...    When I click either of the links it just brings me to the home page?
8 years ago
Hey, so on my map I have an area for PaP but I want to have it so the door can't be bought, instead you shoot 3 objects and it opens. Could anyone tell me how or link me to a tutorial? I was looking for it to be so when you shoot it you would get an audio notification and maybe text on the screen. If anyone could help that would be great. I don't know if i'm just bad at searching but I can't find a tutorial xD
9 years ago
What's the exact error you're getting in developer 1? Is it saying it's missing? You can try copying root/raw/maps/ugx_modder_help.gsc to root/mods/mapname/maps/

I copy and pasted it and it worked. Thank you! Just so I know in the future, what exactly is developer 1? I'm fairly new to this and i'm still have a lot to learn xD
9 years ago
So I'm working on a map and I went to test it the other day and when I tried play it said there was a script error for "maps/ugx_modder_help". At first I was kind of confused because I did a fresh install of WaW and the mod tools before starting the map so I didn't even have UGX installed yet. I did install some other scripts to the map though so I though maybe it wasn't working because those scripts needed UGX. I installed UGX into the map but the error still comes up. Also the ugx main menu doesn't show. It just comes up blank but if you hover you mouse in the right spot on the screen it highlights the buttons. That's not a big deal though I can fix that later. My main issue is just the "maps/ugx_modder_help" error I'm getting.
9 years ago
Hello. I'm fairly new to making custom zombie maps. I used the UGX Script Placer before when I was learning to just create maps itself. After a while I wanted to add Black Ops 2 perks to my map and I tried installing the perks from Harrybo21 I think his name is. Anyway I couldn't get them to work because I am still new with this so I tried using Scrip Placer Z because it already has the perks in it. When I created the map with it non of the perks work. They all just look like the original 4 perk machines. I've read instruction but I still can't figure it out. If anyone knows how to fix the perks could you please let me know. Thank! Sorry if it's an easy fix, i'm still learning a lot.
9 years ago
This looks pretty sweet!
9 years ago
Loading ...