or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - whippytrout

Hey guys, I put some black ops weapons in my map and some of them dont have crosshairs. Is their an easy fix for this? Maybe a setting in the UGX weapon editor?
10 years ago
Well I just cant figure it out. I'm not familiar with alpha's and editing images so I've been trying to learn about them but I still cant figure out why this wont work. When I go into Maya and view the model it looks like these two images depending on what view I use.

It looks good to me but just doesn't import like that. I know I have to be missing a simple step somewhere, I'm pretty sure I did what you guys said to do if I understood correctly it just doesn't look right. I have Photoshop as well if I can use that somehow to fix something.
10 years ago
I checked it and the box is unchecked, and i re exported it and it looks the same. Should It be checked? The models look fine in maya but once exported they look like the pic above. I also made the texture phong in maya like the comment above.
10 years ago
I'll try what you said. Yea I used toms lime to get some models.
10 years ago
I tried Blend and they still look the same. The material type is model phong as well.
10 years ago
Hey guys, I have a quick question on porting models. It seems that foliage models like trees and bushes look fine in Maya but are flat and 2D in the game. The same thing happens to models with hair as well. Is there a different setting in Asset Manager I need to set for those kind of textures? Here is an image:
10 years ago
Yea I know, I dont see what difference a script struct and a script model made but as long as it works I guess it dont matter. Thanks for your help.
10 years ago
Well I'm not sure what was going on so I made a script_model and changed to code to this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
        spotlight_model = GetEnt( "light", "targetname" );
playfxontag(level._effect["spotlight"],spotlight_model,"tag_origin");

Then I can rotate the script_model and my fx plays like I want it to. I guess that Fx must be weird or something. Thank you guys for your help I learned more about Effects Editor than I knew before.  ;D
10 years ago
I have that box checked in velocity and I'm using a default FX from fx/env/light/fx_glow_outdoor_spot_dim_static. I compared the FX from ugx easy fx and mine and the setting are the same for each. I guess its just not meant to be. I'm out of options here. I'll keep trying but I just dont get why it wont move. I just want them to point at a slant.  :(
10 years ago
Thanks but I still couldn't get it to work. I guess I'll just rotate the fx in fx-editor then it should work. Just a lot of trial and error on my part to get it facing the right direction. :(
Please if anyone figures something out let me know, you might save me a lot of time.
10 years ago
I must not understand because every time I point my struct in a direction it allways plays straight down in game. I've tried a million times. That picture above of the spotlights looks like what I want. I just don't understand 100% what you are saying to do. 
10 years ago
I just want to make my lights look like this picture below.  I have that fx I just didnt know how to make them not look straight down. I want to angle them like in the picture. 
picture is of custom map ZM_camping which I dont own.
10 years ago
How exactly do I change the direction of an FX using UGX easy FX? I tried rotating the script_struct in radiant but every FX just points straight up and down. If this is an easy fix pleas let me know. I'm trying to setup an angled spotlight.
Thanks
10 years ago
haha duh I dont know what I was thinking. Works good now thank you
10 years ago
I must be doing something wrong here because I cant get any .gifs to work right. They just seem to scroll through the tiled picture I create when I view them in assman and in game. Here are the steps I'm taking please let me know what I'm doing wrong.
1. I download the above files and copied them correctly then i downloaded a .gif

2. I use Avi4Bmp to convert the gif to an image, the gif started out 10 x 10 but didnt work so I tried 8 x 8 and still didnt work.

3. I opened the image in photoshop and saved it as gfx_ad_fanta_1.dds then converted it in Assman which wouldnt convert unless i resized the image in photoshop to a power of 2. so I tried 128x128

4. Then I copied the raw folder from the download above to my root again to overwrite the materials.

5. I opened up effects editor and played the fx but it just scrolls through the image or is lagging and pix elated 

10 years ago
Loading ...