or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - whippytrout

Hey guys and gals I have a little problem. I have a few model textures that have places on them that need to be invisible but I cant figure out how to make them work right. When I convert them in asset manager I set them to blend and they look ok but the parts that are not supposed to be invisible are see through.
Here is an example of what I'm talking about on my weapon clip:
Without Blend set in Asset Manager:

With Blend set in Asset Manager and the black parts removed in photoshop:

I went into Photoshop and deleted the black part of the texture then set asset manager to blend and that's what you see in the second photo. Its hard to tell but the part that's metal is see through (which I don't want lol).

Please help guys I feel like this is a simple fix but I just cant figure it out.  :-[
9 years ago
I followed Yaph1l's tutorial here: http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php?topic=14080.0
but it doesnt seem to work for my AI.  :( Please help, I'm out of ideas.

Here is a video of what my AI are doing. It seems like they work then they stop mid round change. I dont know why the video is not showing up right.
https://youtu.be/G0N41CPgcVI

I added this in my mapname.gsc

Code Snippet
Plaintext
maps\_zombiemode::main();
level thread phil_ally_guys_idle_fix();

and this at the bottom of my mapname.gsc

Code Snippet
Plaintext
#using_animtree("generic_human");
phil_ally_guys_idle_fix()
{
    anim.idleAnimArray      ["stand_hmg"] = [];
   anim.idleAnimWeights   ["stand_hmg"] = [];
   anim.idleAnimArray      ["stand_hmg"][0][0]    = %casual_stand_idle;
   anim.idleAnimWeights   ["stand_hmg"][0][0]    = 10;

anim.idleAnimArray      ["crouch_hmg"] = [];
   anim.idleAnimWeights   ["crouch_hmg"] = [];   
   anim.idleAnimArray      ["crouch_hmg"][0][0]    = %casual_crouch_idle;
   anim.idleAnimWeights   ["crouch_hmg"][0][0]    = 10;

anim.idleAnimTransition["stand_hmg"]["in"] = anim.idleAnimTransition["stand"]["in"];
    anim.idleAnimTransition["crouch_hmg"]["in"] = anim.idleAnimTransition["crouch"]["in"];

allies = GetEntArray("fix_my_idle", "script_noteworthy");
    for(i = 0; i < allies.size; i++)
    {
        allies.heavy_machine_gunner = true;
    }
}

and my for my AI I rightclicked in radiant and selected my actor and gave hime this KVP,
Code Snippet
Plaintext
script_noteworthy: fix_my_idle
count: 1
script_forcespawn: 1
spawnflags: 0
9 years ago
Hey guys I've ran into an annoying problem. Usually you start a map and you have zero grenades until the round starts then you get two. Well I start off with four grenades then the round starts and I have six.
I edited my steilhandgrenade weaponfile then added the it to my mod/weapons/sp and included this in my mod.csv:
weapon,sp/stielhandgranate

No matter what I try I always start with four normal grenades then get my two custom grenades when I start round one.

If anyone can help me solve this annoying problem that would be awesome.

My zombiemode.gsc:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
award_grenades_for_survivors()
{
players = get_players();

for (i = 0; i < players.size; i++)
{
if (!players[i].is_zombie)
{
if( !players[i] HasWeapon( "stielhandgranate" ) )
{
players[i] GiveWeapon( "stielhandgranate" );
players[i] SetWeaponAmmoClip( "stielhandgranate", 0 );
}

if ( players[i] GetFractionMaxAmmo( "stielhandgranate") < .25 )
{
players[i] SetWeaponAmmoClip( "stielhandgranate", 2 );
}
else if (players[i] GetFractionMaxAmmo( "stielhandgranate") < .5 )
{
}
else
{
}
}
}
}

My zombiemode_weapons.gsc looks like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// Grenades                                         		
//add_zombie_weapon( "fraggrenade", &"ZOMBIE_WEAPON_FRAGGRENADE_250", 250, "" , 0 );
//add_zombie_weapon( "molotov", &"ZOMBIE_WEAPON_MOLOTOV_200", 200, "vox_crappy", 8 );
//add_zombie_weapon( "molotov_zombie", &"ZOMBIE_WEAPON_MOLOTOV_200", 200, "vox_crappy", 8 );
//add_zombie_weapon( "stick_grenade", &"ZOMBIE_WEAPON_STICKGRENADE_250", 250, "" , 0 );
add_zombie_weapon( "stielhandgranate", &"ZOMBIE_WEAPON_STIELHANDGRANATE_250", 250, "" , 0, 250 );
//add_zombie_weapon( "type97_frag", &"ZOMBIE_WEAPON_TYPE97FRAG_250", 250, "" , 0 );

And my dlc3_code.gsc looks like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// Grenade
include_weapon( "stielhandgranate" );
9 years ago
Alcatraz

This is a totally re-imagined version of Mob of The Dead with an all new insane story-line. Four new characters explore the mysteries of Alcatraz after experiencing a fishing accident off the coast of the island.
More will be added to the story-line as time progresses.
I have been working on this map on and off for years, its been my learning tool but now I want to finish it.

Features: (not all just some due to people's curiosity and questions lol)
- Brutus will be in the map!  :nyan:
- Perks: Jugg, Quick Revive, Speed Reload, Double Tap 2.0, Electric Cherry
- Weapons from MW2, BO2, BO1, Cod Waw, and some custom wonder weapons  ;)
- MOTD HUD and round sounds as well as lightning
- Origins style Buildables as well as Easter egg buildables setup with BO2 style buildables for extra challenge
- Epic hard boss battle
- Blundergat/Acidgat (of course lol)
- Several mini boss zombies
- Custom objective with some similar to MOTD but with a twist.  :)
- MOTD Wolves thanks to NateSmithZombies
- Tomahawk thanks to Harry
- MOTD magic crate
- Panzers will make an appearance.  ;)

Note: These images are from a long time ago. UGX mod is not being used I just was testing it at the time of taking screenshots.

[/center]

9 years ago
Wayne Manor

Message from WhippyTrout:
I chose Wayne Manor as my ideal place to go during the zombie apocalypse. I figured I would have everything I needed to survive. I mean you'd be under the same roof of the worlds greatest detective and crimefighter, and oh yea there's the BATCAVE!  ;D Little did I know that Batman was away searching for Robin who had gone missing and that the Joker had taken over Wayne Manor. So now Joker has me and Robin and is holding us hostage.

Story:
Two years ago Joker escaped Arkham Asylum along with several of Gotham's other notorious criminals. What was expected to be mass chaos in Gotham turned out to be the complete opposite. Following the escape there were no sightings or crimes regarding Joker, it was as if he had disappeared. Dick Greyson (Nightwing) left to establish himself in another city (Bludhaven) and Batman began training Jason Todd to be the new Robin. One night Jason went on a solo run but never returned. Night after night Batman scoured the city, running down every lead, pressing every underworld connection, but no one had seen any sign of Robin. He expanded his search on into Bludhaven with the assistance of Nightwing. One night while returning home from Bludhaven after months of  searching Batman noticed he had a missed call and a voice message...

Voicemail machine: "You have one missed call"

Joker: "Ring Ring! So how do you keep a secret from the world's greatest detective? Well do you know? It's easy, you stick it right in front of him. Right under his long pointy nose, and wait Ha Ha"

Voicemail machine: "End of new messages"

The updated final version of Wayne Manor has been posted on the normal maps section and this contest post will no longer be used/supported. The Download Buttons will also not work on this page. Please refer to the new post here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=9821.msg108055#msg108055

Note you MUST download the .dll file below and put it in your Call of Duty WaW root directory in order to play this map. This is an engine mod that increases the limits of Call of duty WaW
The original post for this mod which has more details on what it does can be found here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8092.0.html

www.mediafire.com

Instructions: To install the engine mod simply go to your steam library, right click Call of Duty WaW, Click properties, Click the Local Files Tab, Then click browse local files. Then drag the .dll into that window that opens.
If you don't have the Steam version of the game your game is probably in C/programfiles(86)/Activition/Call of Duty - World at War

Spoiler: click to open...
Final Update:
This is some new areas I've been working on. I'm pretty much done mapping. Now just working out the bugs

Update 1:
Very Early Screenshots (NOTE The building below is a placeholder until I start creating the real mansion, I just needed it there to see what it would look like)

Placeholder lol

Batcave Foundation

Batmobile inside tunnel (probably will move it somewhere else)

Map in its entirely so far

Update 2:
Nothing this week but I'm going to work on it next week so keep an eye out.

Update 3:
This week I focused on scripts and features and didn't get much mapping done (nothing to really show).
Features  Completed:
  • Boss Zombie (open for ideas on the villain for boss
  • Fixed 400FX error and added in my own custom FX
  • Sketched out some of the layout
  • Worked on worldspawn settings and skybox to give the perfect atmosphere
  • Added in Sound effects for footsteps

Update 4:
Still needs lots of lighting, I can't seem to get it to light up right

Update 5:
A Certain Villain will be returning for a big part of Wayne Manor
I've working a lot on the riddles lately I cant wait for you guys to try and solve them. ;)

Update 6:

This is the drive up to the manor. I'm still adding detail but here's a quick look at it.

Huge Update 7 (10/16):

I had a week off from school so I went all out mapping.  ;D (I'm still adding more detail to the rooms)

So stay tuned, Same Bat time, Same Bat Channel.  :troll:

Credits:

BluntStuffy - General help and boss scripting
DidUknowiPwn - Engine mod
elfenliedtopfan5 - easter egg song
OfficialMT22 - Custom shaders
scriptz - buildables
UGX - easy fx
UGX Rorke - MW2 weapons
TomBMX - Lime and Lemon
9 years ago
Hey guys I ported a zombie attack animation from BO II and it works/looks fine but I just noticed today that the zombie doesn't deal any damage to the player. The zombie swings but no damage is dealt.
Here is how I went about adding the animation, maybe someone can tell me what I did wrong:

1. I converted my anim in asset manager unchecking looping, and checking use bones, then selected relative from the dropdown box. I even tried delta but neither made a difference.

2. I added some code in animscripts/melee.gsc.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
pick_zombie_melee_anim( zombie_guy )
{
melee_anim = undefined;
if ( zombie_guy.has_legs  && !zombie_guy.boss )  // boss is the zombie with the custom attack animation
{
switch(zombie_guy.zombie_move_speed)
{

case "walk":
anims = array_combine(level._zombie_melee[zombie_guy.animname],level._zombie_walk_melee[zombie_guy.animname]);
melee_anim = random(anims);
break;

case "run":
case "sprint":
anims = array_combine(level._zombie_melee[zombie_guy.animname],level._zombie_run_melee[zombie_guy.animname]);
melee_anim = random(anims);
break;
}
}
else if( isdefined(zombie_guy.boss) && zombie_guy.boss )
{
melee_anim = level._brutus_attack["brutus_attack"];       // my custom zombie attack animation
}
else if(zombie_guy.a.gib_ref == "no_legs")
{
// if zombie have no legs whatsoever.
melee_anim = random(level._zombie_stumpy_melee[zombie_guy.animname]);

}
else
{
  melee_anim = random(level._zombie_melee_crawl[zombie_guy.animname]);
}

return melee_anim;
}

4. I added the anim in my zombiemode.gsc
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level._brutus_attack["brutus_attack"] 				= %brutus_attack;

Like I said it looks fine he just doesn't deal any damage. Please help me out someone.  :)

Thanks, WhippyTrout
9 years ago
I've been trying to change the zombie walk, run, and sprint anims to ones from BOII but I cant seem to get them working. Here is the steps I went through, maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
1. I opened my binded zombie model in maya
2. I imported my zombie anim from BOII
3. I selected all bones and meshes then exported the anim (this might be what I did wrong but IDK how to export a zombie anim)
4. I selected all bones and meshes then exported the xmodel
5. I opened asset manager and created the xanim, I set it to use bones, looping, and delta (IDK if thats right either)
6. Then I opened up my zombiemode.gsc and changed the following to my anims name: 
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.scr_anim["zombie"]["run1"]   = %ai_zombie_sprint_v4;
7. Then I went into generic_human.atr and added my anim
8. And added xanim, anim_name to my mapname.csv

If someone can help me out that would be awesome.  :)
9 years ago
Heart of Ice
Created By WhippyTrout

Story:
It's Christmas Eve In Gotham City and Mr. Freeze has decided to blanket the city in endless winter. Mr. Freeze has created an army of frozen undead zombies and is using them to help him steal Gotham's famous Christmas Diamond and take control of Gotham City. Its up to Batman and Robin to stop Mr. Freeze.

Features:
-UGX Mod 1.0.4
-Mr. Freeze intro with sound included in the SFX channel
-Custom Playermodels
-Custom Batman and Robin viewhands
-Nightwings staff
-Batmobile
-End game
-Soul Generators
-Riddler easter egg
-Ziplines
-Presents to open
-And much more

Recommendations:
-Stick together (its more fun that way)
-If your having trouble surviving try arcade mode it seems easier
-And last but not least have fun.
:D

GamePlay:
http://youtu.be/uMvxOYjgSQI

Credits:
-Bluntstuffy for the soul chests and digsites
-codmoddd1234 for help creating ice textures, scripting problems, and solving bugs
-elfenlied for the kino rock easter egg script
-jjbradman for the batmobile script
-Ugx Team for the UGX-Mod
-YAW for the gameplay video
-M.A.K.E CENTS for the custom scripted zombie windows.
-If I left anyone out please let me know and I'll add you to the list

I hope you guys have a fun time saving Gotham City.
Merry Christmas From WhippyTrout
9 years ago
Guys please help I finished my map for the contest but I still cant get the ugx zone debug stuff to go away in the top corner of my screen. I downloaded the fixed version from a post here on ugx.com but it still is displaying. It shows in the .gsc file everything commented out but I still see it in game. I've worked on it for hours and cant get it to go away.

Help me out please.  ;)
9 years ago
Quick question, I imported a spiral staircase model and was wondering if I could make it solid so I could walk up it?
I made the collision so weapons can shoot it but I still walk through it. Please let's know of its possible.

Thanks,

WhippyTrout
9 years ago
Hey guys I'm just finishing up my map for the contest and noticed when I die instead of saying game over it says you win. It's in blue letters like the UGX developer tool help thing. Also my screen plays the end game cameras but flashes the checkerboard default image on and off. How can I for starters disable the UGX helper, then fix the above problems?

Another thing is the game doesn't go back to the select a game mode screen like I thought UGX mod does, instead it just crashes if the host doesn't restart the game quickly. Idk if this is normal.

Please help me out if you can I only have a little more time before the contest deadline. :)
9 years ago
Hey guys I made a jeep ride using this tutorial http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1817.msg17141#msg17141
but I want to change the the jeep model to a custom model I have. Problem is when i simply change the model it turns it into the default vehicle in game. I'm thinking I need to create a vehicle or something in AssMan but I don't know how exactly to do that with a custom model I didn't see anywhere to put my model in the settings.

Also is there a way to change how high a player is sitting in the jeep i want to lower them a little bit, right now it feels like the player is standing on the jeep instead of sitting. I figured I'd need to add something to this?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
tag1 = plane gettagorigin( "tag_driver" );
players[0] setorigin( tag1 );
players[0] PlayerLinkTo( plane, "tag_driver", 1.0 );

Thanks,

WhippyTrout

9 years ago
Hey guys just curious if there is a good way to make transparent ice textures look nice. I know how to make them glow and transparent but they always look weird. I'm trying to make icicles. Is there a way to make them shiny and clear like in real life?  :P

Thanks,

WhippyTrout 
9 years ago
I have spent days trying to get the UGX mod working but I just cant do it. I've followed every video and wiki tutorial posted to the letter several times and even re-installed my call of duty and mod tools 3 times now. I just cant get it to work. I can get the test map that the UGX script placer creates working but I cant get my map working.
Here's my questions:
1. can a .map file with nothing but brushes and a few models cause 400fx error? Because somehow mine is.
2. Is there a certain way to use an existing .map file when using UGX script placer?

I hope a UGX member or someone could help me out because I love mapping but the past few days working on the UGX mod have been a living hell for me.  :(

Thanks,
WhippyTrout
9 years ago
Hey guys I installed the ugx mod using the new script placer and everything installed fine but i noticed today while testing my map that the zombies do hardly any damage. It takes around 15 to 20 hits on round 1 just to go down. So I started looking around but all i found was this: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2804.msg27413#msg27413 which has a similar problem but I don't know exactly how they fixed it. If anyone could help me out that'd be awesome.

Thanks,
WhippyTrout
9 years ago
Loading ...