or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - RonanMerriman

Info
Just thought that the folks around here could use some conatainer prefabs so I decided to release the ones I made for myself. Just drag the contents into your root folder.  Enjoy!

Pics

Spoiler: click to open...

If there are any missing images or something like that, let me know.

Wins

10 years ago
Man I'm so pro with radiant, messing it up all the time. Anyway everythings Ok except the movement in the 3d view is really sensitive and it feels inverted. Instead of just right-click drag to get get around, I have to hold down the right-mouse button in the oposite direction to were I want to go.

Maybe I clicked an option somewhere that did this, I was looking around and have no idea which symbol or key could have one this. I would be really appreciated if some one told me how to un-do this BS.
Thanks. 

:derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:

Post Merge: January 06, 2014, 07:40:34 pm
Never mind, fixed it now. Just toggled to a different movement view lol
10 years ago
So I recently added a bunch of stuff to my map (music box, zombie counter, black ops perks & removed dogs) and when I launched the map I realized that everything was messed up. 

First of all I have no gun and my hud changed:

I can't buy a weapon either because the box is gone too:

I wan't to see if my black ops perks worked...:

The power was on, just a bit messed up:

it's not the BO perks fault... Jugg was the same:

When I pause it gives me the option to save and quit?:

When I die...:

No zombies spawn at all, hence the empty zombie counter:

The music box worked... yay!!!:

Please someone help, this is just too messed up to continue mapping the map itself. It looks like the single setup decided to take over somehow.

One of the few times I can compile I get this... PLEASE HELP! :'(
10 years ago
First of all I would like to ask if someone could take a screenshot or something of where abouts the scripts for the Jukebox go in the .gsc files.

Down to business. I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple Jukeboxes on you map each with different contents. I planned to have lots of songs but I'd prefer not to have to choose and just have any ones I want. I was thinking about having several Jukeboxes such that there is one for each artist of something similar. Almost done Firestorm and need to start scripting stuff.

If it's not possible then I just deal with it.
10 years ago
So I was mapping away and suddenly my finger slips and pow... everything changes! The second I saw this I went to seek help here, this is super shitty and would love it if someone knew what was wrong and knew how to change Radiant back.

Here it is:

:'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(
10 years ago
Hello me again, so I am search ing the Black Ops mod tools for the textures but I don't quite know where they are. I was looking in main/iw_00 & iw_01 etc. but they aren't textures. I don't know if it's just me but this what most of them look like.

&

I'm looking for some sand textures for Firestorm, I hate the World @ War sand textures, they're for beaches not deserts.
Anywho I will motor on and update the WIP.
10 years ago
So I got Black Ops off steam for christmas and after enjoying the cheats in zombies I began porting some models. After placing them in radiant, figuring out how to compile and checking them in-game... they looked a little off.

If anyone knows what wrong, assistance would be appreciated.

BTW Merry Christmas! ;)

10 years ago
Here's just some random questions that were on my mind.

1. Whats the minimum amount of RAM you need to successfully compile a map in all applications are closed? (At the moment I can't compile at all because of the memory allocation error, hence the lack of updates on Firestorm. My computer has 3.00GB. I'm dying for a new, better PC but I can't get one for christmas :'( .)

2. Are the newer perk shaders from MOTD,Buried & Origins gonna be used? I just find so much more pleasant to look at than the old ones which are seemingly lower quality images.

3. How do you add a glow to your custom textures? I recently played Quizz v2 and couldn't help thinking how cool it would be too, and I could make the classic glowy chalk for custom weapons instead of just white lines from paint.

4. Are you guys gonna make new video tutorials on how to install UGX mod 1.1 to stock maps aswell as current UGX mod maps? I didn't install the current UGX mod to my current map because follwing videos is so much easier then trying to follow the wiki.

5. Are mappers gonna be able add their own custom weapons to UGX mod 1.1? Just in case they fancy a weapon that isn't in the mod like the BO2 MP7,MW2 ACR or...........  :rainbow: Alpha Disrupter from Ratchet & Clank :rainbow:.

6. Have any of guys seen the amzing work that the guys over at Alpha Team are doing with their Dino mode for W@W? If not go there now!!!! http://alphateam.ace.st/t28-alpha-dino-mode-extinction-bare-carnos-anims-13-12-2013

That's about it for now. Sorry if I'm being a nuisance, I'm just a curious/noobish guy  ;).
10 years ago
I just saw some recent gameplay of COD Online, this time on a remake of Verrukt. Did I mention I looks absolutely amazing! I love the whole futuristic theme and how different it feels compared to the original the map. 

Here, check out this gameplay, it shows off the entire map along with the cinematic ending, the new character selection screen and some new guns and cool gadgets:

http://cod.sgamer.com/video/201312/29466.html

Just try to ignore all the text and focus on the video!
10 years ago
First of all my computer is just backwards. Normally I get memory allocation error when all my programs are closed, but today launcher decided to work with chrome open with several tabs and music playing. Just don't ask I don't know  :o.

So anyway when was checking out my custom textures in-game, I was pretty pleased with the result of adding a specular map.

But this is more like what I had in mind

It'd be great if anyone had any ideas as to how to get these images to have that sort of classic metal texture. Is it something to do with finding the specular map used for that ^^^ model?
Thanks in advance  ;).
10 years ago
Sorry if I'm plaguing you guys with posts and questions, it's just I really want my map to look good. Any who how would you go about adding a shine to custom textures?
For example, changing something like this:

To something like this:

10 years ago
I plan on getting a good, cheap PC for christmas. I was wondering if anyone could recommend one in and around €300-€400(I'm Irish, hence the €). Here are my current PC specs:

I'm starting to use my computer a lot more nowadays since I started mapping and I figure that an improved PC might help me. At the moment my mapping has been put at a standstill because of memory related errors when compiling, so I would assume a better PC might fix the problems. Plus it would be great to run World at War on more than 480p with low settings at crappy FPS. ;) 

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. :)
10 years ago
This launcher stuff is really starting to annoy me. This time I'm not even getting any errors, compiling the map just stops without warning or any errors. 

Someone please help as I can't check my map's stuff in-game.
10 years ago
So I was trying to make fence texture and it was looking fine until I used it in radiant. This is what it looked like in paint.net;

And this is what it looks like in radiant;

Does anyone know how to make the white bits see through? 
10 years ago
A friend of mine sent me some models but I don't quite know how to install them for use in radiant. I got loads of folders containing different files; for example

He told me to convert them but I'm not 100% sure on what to convert. I got a bunch of images with them in this folder but I don't know whether to put them in raw/images or somwhere else.

I would love to start using these models soon.

Also, I plan on getting black ops for christmas so I can port any models I want. Would you guys recommend any other cod for decorative models,guns and textures or should I stick with black ops?
10 years ago
Loading ...