or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - MikeVLC

Recently I added the other part of the map, this means some xmodels more, a lot of textures more and a new script.
With the fourth wonder weapon, the script, specific death anims of zombies, dual weild script and probably the number of weapons and textures, it was necessary to add t4m for can launch the map.
I dont know if dynamic models is the correct denomination, but I mean perks, debris, zombies, mistery box... including a rotating model, all these items of the map now if you are not too far are invisible, and if you are close are flickering.
My question is, what can cause that all these dynamic or scriptable models do this and how can fix it?
8 years ago
I appreciate all the words of support, but there are still details to polish and map elements for which I am receiving help and other items for which I will need too. So the uncertainty of not knowing if I can finish the map as I want, makes now can not be optimistic

Double Post Merge: February 12, 2016, 12:45:53 pm
Fixed the main problem in mapping, a problem with a blending alpha texture, fix found in this forum, so Thanks to UGX
8 years ago
Finally completed the other part of the map, now time to find the way to fix some errors of mapping and improve the lighting

8 years ago

- Is this map ultimately day time, or will there be a choice to choose night and day?
I saw your night time version on the first page (that you had updated on Jan. 16) and to be honest, I love the night time more than I do the stormy day time look.

- Is there more to explore in this map, aside from the actual core of the map? Can we go further out of the normal boundaries; will there be bonus rooms and houses outside the original boundaries and stuff like that?

- Will the blocked paths (cabinets, debris, and whatnot) be replaced with better Nuketown 2025-like doors/debris?

- Are the players going to spawn in the middle of the core of Nuketown 2025, or will they spawn elsewhere?
I saw in your video that they were spawning in the backyard, but wasn't sure if that's temporary.

- Will the NUK3TOWN sign be replaced with the Nuketown sign shown in Nuketown 2025?

Suggestions:
- If you're unsure with who the player models should be, I'd recommend using CIA and CDC models. Perhaps have the same randomizer asset as BOII's, which would depict if you are CIA or CDC for the game starts... or if you want to have two CIA and two CDC in the same match, that would be pretty cool.

- Update sound effects? Maybe a more modest sound for when a round is completed and another for when the round starts.

--
All of this is up to you regardless. (:

-I changed worldspawn and vision file with a settings that fit more in day map. I made a poll for know preferences of people and probably I will release both versions, now I am working in day map, I played hundreds of games in night and now I am happy with day version but night version is more distinctive and original.
Day and night would have some diferences in world spawn and different light spots, so maybe someone can make an option in menu that can change day and night, but not in my case.
I know that a very good custom map had this option, but really I didnt feel much difference betwen day and night.
Probably I would release day version, then the night version.

-At this moment there are 3 extra areas that in MP are not accesible and another part of the map not related with nuketown, but not much far.
I dont want to invent some areas, try to fit with the rest of the map and name that map nuketown.
I respect too much the mapping of the original Nuketown 2025 for add something and continue calling nuketown, for me it would not be fair. I ve tried to make the map closest to nuketown 2025, within my limitations.
Of course I can do an underground level or I can make a zeppelin and I can call upper ground  :troll: but like I said it would not be fair that thing would have the name of nuketown.
Nuketown 2025 is too much brilliant and I believe that give three extra areas, always respecting the original map, is enough.

-Map now is pretty intense and finally I will not block paths, the only difference in paths is that in one garage the door will be half opened, so the players only can pass through prone.
But for lovers of claustrophobic and boring maps just dont clear all debris and practically you will have the blocked paths like in the original nuketown zombies.

- I cant talk about the spawn.

- The nuketown 2025 sign is present in the map in the place that originally would be the bo1 nuketown sign.
In nuketown 2025 there are both, I only changed the size and position.
I prefer the old sign in the core of the map.

-The player models are fine at the way they are. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Two originals ambient sounds of nuketown zombies added , and too originals sounds for perks arrive syle.
8 years ago
Do you have any more updates?

Almost finished the other part of the map and added red dots and anims to some upgraded weapons.
8 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion.
Feel free to make your own map with all the features and details that you want.
8 years ago
The fourth character was to be Castro from Five map, but the viewhands are practically the same than default character in waw, so the fourth character is the CIA dude
8 years ago
Update 01/19
-Added fx, ambient sounds and perks arrive nuketown style (thanks to Gogeta)
-Fixed some ancient problems with xmodels and textures
-Added some new weapons (HAMR, Skorpion, AN-94, Razorback, Weevil)
-Added one new wonder weapon, zapgun (big thanks for this awesome work to Gogeta, Rickoz and Shippuden)
-Changed all the stock traverses(except one) for custom and BO2 traverses, now for play solo not much places for camp
-Added custom screen menu and loadscreen

8 years ago
The new vision looks 10x better ;)

Vision and worldspawn thanks to Hitmanvere.
The spotlight still are of the regular night version and old worldspawn, for that reason can looks a little bit dark in the images, anyway, yes much better that previous.
Thank you.
8 years ago
SOME UPDATES AND POLL

- added 4 characters with specific viewhands and 4 start pistols random
- now only one wonder weapon is allowed per player, except the blundergat that is availabe for 2 players
- very improved lighting in the map

THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Makecents, Bluntstuffy and Hitmanvere, for the great work and the help.
I am using a new settings for the look of the map and still the spotligths are of the regular map, so the lighting will be much better than now

Really I want a Nuketown map night, but I liked a lot the look of the map day.

The question is:

- Only NUK370WN night
- Only NUK370WN day
- both
8 years ago
the endless story
the xmodel with the origin fixed in Nuk3 map

the same prefab with the same clips in a test map

Really I dont understand this. The only difference is that house in the Nuk3 map is in a prefab inside other prefab and in the test map is only the prefab of the house.
8 years ago
Yes, collision lod it was none, in some moment it was high but I tried a lot of things and I set to none.
I changed again to high and now this is fixed. Material type is not unlit.
Origin is very probably that would be in a brush, that xmodel is full of clip because is a playable place.
I compiled with collision lod in a test map and in this map there arent brushes or clip in contact with the xmodel and now the textures finally dont glow

now I need to fix the problem with the clip, brushes and origin.
Thank you very much Marsvinking and Hitmanvere.
8 years ago
For some reason the textures of this xmodel looks like glow textures

the most strange is that textures are present in numerous xmodels but only glow in this xmodel.
the xmodel beside this it has the same textures

but here it looks correctly.
Another thing in the wrong xmodel is that bullets dont mark the textures, it looks like the bullets pass through the xmodel.
I tried all, a lot of times but nothing changed.
Any suggestion, please?
8 years ago
I like the Scope on that Sassafras
It is the scope of one weapon unknown for some people and infamous or not much loved for people that know it, Python with ACOG BO1 MP.
I like the model of Remington but I think the upgraded version is not much special, I tried to give a push adding this scope and  the sound, muzzleflash and damage of Boomhilda
8 years ago
Hi, the one thing that this map lacks is the sign out the front of the orange house. cause the sign is from the on Nuketown map, but you need to make the sign from the version of Nuketown 2025
The original Nuketown 2025 has the new sign post in the center of the map and inside the orange house there is the old sign.
I prefer the old sign in the center of the map, so the new sign is inside the orange house

8 years ago
Loading ...