My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.

This map features UGX Mod v1.0.3! For a full list of features, click here.

Locked was originally intended to be made as challenge (making a map in 1 hour) but due to a lot of errors I restarted from scratch. The map was still made quite fast (only several hours) but now includes custom scripts such as:

- Acension Vision
- Buyable Ending
- Buyable Ammo

This map runs UGX Mod 1.0.3 and is made to give a unique fealing to the gungame and sharpshooter gamemodes. As the name suggests you are locked up, there's now way out... Unless... you get the points to "Call For Help".

This is my first public map and I am proud of the gameplay experience I created with this map. You'll see for yourself on Saturday...

Any tips or ideas for other maps are welcome!
Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:21:20 pm by JR-Imagine
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
When you mention things like "challenge (making a map in 1 hour)"  it makes me think one to three rooms in which you'll realize how screwed you are in under 5 minutes and around a 20k buyable ending. But you also mention "unique fealing to the gungame and sharpshooter gamemodes", if my assumption of this map is anywhere near true I challenge you to reach a little bit higher and try to make this map different than the multitude of other maps out there JUST like this.
It's awesome that you are making a map but even a first map can be creative in design even if it's not polished to shine. I am bookmarking this one to make a video on, so give me something to work with  ;D
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
When you mention things like "challenge (making a map in 1 hour)"  it makes me think one to three rooms in which you'll realize how screwed you are in under 5 minutes and around a 20k buyable ending. But you also mention "unique fealing to the gungame and sharpshooter gamemodes", if my assumption of this map is anywhere near true I challenge you to reach a little bit higher and try to make this map different than the multitude of other maps out there JUST like this.
It's awesome that you are making a map but even a first map can be creative in design even if it's not polished to shine. I am bookmarking this one to make a video on, so give me something to work with  ;D

It's not my "first" map. It's my first public map. It's actually just a side-project from my main project wich is a lot bigger in size. It's ment to be played in 4 player co-op. Otherwise, well, you are indeed kinda screwed. (2-3 player co-op is actually still quite possible, almost finished the map with a friend of mine some hours ago. But solo is pretty hard, although, round 12 was quite good for a first try...)
PS.: Buyable ending is a little bit higher then 20k. :P 2.5 times actually. I just got the layout finished of my main project "Insomniac" about... 2 days ago? Don't remember exactly. I'm working on the details now. I did a Dev Log on some of the features of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie2Vo6S2meA Should get it's own thread by next week. ;)

Post Merge: August 24, 2013, 12:31:17 pm
This map has now been released an is available for download here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1012.0
Also, keep an eye out for my main project wich will be posted soon.
Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:31:31 pm by JR-Imagine

Loading ...