or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - jiggy22

As the title says. Can it be done? I hate the way they look, and the zombie heads that I have in my mod conflict with the burned bodies. I've tried this in nazi_zombie_factory.gsc:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level.burning_zombies = false;		//JV max number of zombies that can be on fire

And I've also tried just simply commenting it out, but that didn't fix it. Anybody know of any other ways to disable this? Thanks!
7 years ago
I have a custom perk machine on my map, but it becomes invisible depending on what angle you look at it. It appears just fine when standing further away, but once you stand right in front of it, it immediately disappears. And then it reappears if you just look down a little bit. Sounds weird, right? Any way I can fix this? Thanks :)

Double Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 01:59:27 pm
Anybody out there?
7 years ago
Would it be possible to make it so that when holding a specific weapon, the viewhands are completely invisible? I've tried using the ugx weapon editor, but I can't seem to get anything to work. Anybody else know if there's a way? Thanks!
7 years ago
About 10 seconds after pressing the "Build Mod" button, I get a pop-up error mentioning an assertion error that "this text is already on the clipboard" or whatever. And then after I click OK, the mod stops building and gives me an error. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I've tried searching previous threads made about this error, and literally all of them are left unanswered. Anybody know how to fix this?

Double Post Merge: March 16, 2017, 06:59:43 pm
EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it!
7 years ago
I know I already made a topic for this, but it wouldn't let me unmark it as solved for some reason, no button was showing up.
So since I've made that topic, I've had a bunch of ported models that just don't show up in asset viewer and in-game. Here's a little checklist of everything that I've tried so far:

1. Reverse normals.
2. Quadrangulate mesh
3. Remake the model in maya and try porting it again.
4. Apply white base color.
5. Remove transparency from materials.
6. Removing and re-applying textures to mesh.
7. Ensure that there are no error messages in the cmd box while converting.

And sometimes, when I re-make one model and port it again, it randomly works just fine. Other times, I can trying porting and re-porting a model over and over again 50 times, only for it to never work. So it's really just a game of chance here. Another problem I'm having is with my ported bonus points model, it appears just fine in asset viewer as it should, but in-game, it's just invisible. I guess another odd thing to mention is that all of these models that appear invisible in asset viewer, they all appear perfectly fine in Tom's xmodel util tool.
So I guess I just have to keep looking for a solution for this I guess. Is there any chance that this issue is being caused by my computer instead? I'm really out of options here lol. So yeah, if anybody knows of any other solution I can try out, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you!
7 years ago
So even though I have T4M installed, whenever I try to add a new weapon to my mod, the map crashes and I receive the "unhandled exception caught" error message. I suspect that this has to do with the weapon, as when I uncheck it in launcher, everything loads just fine. I have 124 weapons in my mod right now, but T4M increases this limit to 320. Is something wrong with T4M itself? Or am I doing something wrong? Or am I just at a dead end with this one? Thanks :)
7 years ago
For my mod, I have this simple script set up to change the vision to something a little nicer-looking:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
PowerVision_init()
{
flag_wait( "all_players_connected" );
players = get_players();
for ( i = 0; i < players.size; i++ )
players[i] thread PowerVision();
}
PowerVision()
{
self endon("disconnect");
set_all_players_visionset( "aftermath", 0.1 );
}

However, this only goes into effect after I restart the level. Otherwise, my first game features no changes to the vision. Any way this can be fixed? Thanks!
7 years ago
So in Maya, I've made some edits to the MG08/15 to remove some of the textures and whatnot, I'm trying to make it look less "Steampunk" and more like the actual weapon. However, after porting it through asset manager, when I try to view it in asset viewer, the app immediately crashes. And of course, when I try to load up the game, that crashes as well. What am I doing wrong?
7 years ago
So for my Der Riese mod, I'd like it if when you roll for a weapon, the text displayed when a weapon is chosen appears as "Hold F for WEAPON" or whatever. What would I have to change in order to get this to work? Thanks!
7 years ago
I'm trying to import the PAP camo from BO into WAW, and whenever I try to convert the material, I get this following error:

ERROR: compositing image: source image 'model_export\bo_pap_camo\camo_packapunch_spec.dds' is not a compositable image type

It's obviously a problem with my specular map, because when I convert it without it included, the material works just fine. However, without the specular map, the texture looks flat and boring and has little reflection. Obviously we don't want that! I'm sure that this is a pretty easy fix, I just don't have any idea on what to do. Anybody know what it is I have to change? Thanks!
7 years ago
So I've got my ported Death Machine working great, all except for the barrel, which doesn't move when firing. I know there's some way to do it via scripting or whatever, but what I don't know is what exactly I have to do. Anybody out there that can help me? Thanks :)
7 years ago
I'm currently working on a mod of Verruckt, and I've been following mrpeanut188's and alaurenc9's tutorials on randomizing starting characters and their viewhands (found here). I've gotten it to work just fine on my Der Riese mod, but for Verruckt, the player is only able to hold one weapon. Why is that? Is there any way I can edit the scripts so that it works correctly? Thanks :)
7 years ago
I haven't seen a topic for this anywhere, but I've been having some trouble trying to convert sounds for my mod. Whenever I check "Build Sounds" in launcher and try to build my mod, everything stops, and I get a simple message in the lower right-hand corner that says: Error -1073740791
Anybody know how to fix this?
7 years ago
Pretty self-explanatory title, isn't it? I'm looking for make mods of Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, and Shi No Numa, but I'm kind of unfamiliar as to how to go about editing them. I'm familiar with the gsc files needed for Der Riese, but the first three are pretty different for me in that regard. When I try to add other weapons to these maps, I can get them by entering the "give weapon" command, but they aren't in the mystery box or the lineup of weapons given when using the "give all" command. I'm also having some issues with most of the weapons not loading correctly into the map, with the default weapon taking their places. Does it make a difference that I don't have dlc2_code or dlc_code anywhere in my root folder? I didn't even initially have the dlc3_code file, but I was thankfully able to find a download for it. Thanks to anyone for the help :)

Double Post Merge: February 12, 2017, 04:08:45 am
Still looking for help with this. Also, I was wondering if it'd be possible to edit Verruckt to allow Hellhound rounds like originally intended. I mean the scripts are all there, it can't be that impossible, right?
7 years ago
For my mod, I'm currently trying to add the hands from BO as a secondary weapon. I've got them ported just fine, but I was wondering if it was possible to assign them to an inventory slot as opposed to a weapon slot (like how the Bouncing Betties and Grenade Launcher work). When I try to do this in the UGX weapon editor, I can't use them at all, so I'm guessing there's some scripting that I have to do for it to work right. Anybody know what to do? Thanks :)
7 years ago
Loading ...