or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Harry Bo21

Ive literally tried everything

I did this : http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php?topic=6212.msg72259#msg72259

I removed cod entirely, redownloaded it, reinstalled mod tools, then the ugs patch

created a new map with UGX script placer

still wont move, just goes back to the same spot

My gsc only has two spots in it, as does my map, they are named right

Im using the regular _zombiemode_weapons, not a edited one

My dogz are also stuck in one spot doing yoga, not sure if that is related lol

Please help someone, this is really bumming me out now
9 years ago
Hey guys,

someone mind explaining to me how to set up the hintstrings for new custom weapons?

They say ZOMBIE_WEAPON_DESERT_EAGLE or similar when you go up to them, after youve bought it the correct text appears (but doesnt reference the name, just buy ammo, buy upgraded ammo, I think thats normal)

The stg, which i replaced with the Origins one and those guns still work right but i guess thats expected ;)

Also, my prefab works, in that the gun appears when you buy it, but shouldnt it disappear when you drop it? Mine stays there the rest of the game?

Thanks all, im determined to make these guns perfect :)
10 years ago
Not sure what ive done, everything works except

Rechamber
Rechamber ADS

All that happens is i get a messed up anim, and it gets stuck in it

Anyone know how to fix bolt weapons ?

:)
10 years ago
Ok, so when I asked about changing traverses before I was told I would need the anims and animtrees to go with

So, looking through the black ops 2 tanims ive found a bunch. So I have a couple of questions

1. When I export the anims from maya, what do i export. Do I just select all of "joints" - then select hierarchy? Or is it more specific like with guns?

2. How do I make the anim tree? Ive looked at others, I dont get it. From what I can tell yo only need to define the anim there?

3. Is that all there is too it?
10 years ago
Hey guys

Ive been at this a while, which makes me a little concerned about my hearing  :-\

I exported EVERY black ops 2 sound, ive been painstakingly going through them but I cannot identify the fire sounds for

Galil
Stg44

Anyone got any idea? Thanks all ;)
10 years ago
Ok, so my understanding is that im going to need Clientscripts for this

Im still doing my ray gun. Jei was kind enough to share him FX and i made a basic bullet one myself.

However I quickly noticed there is no way to choose a custom FX for bullets or impact in a weapon file...

So scripting is the way, however I need a point of reference.

I looked at _zombiemode_tesla, but from what my limited knowledge could see, this is just for the effects on the gun itself.

I could do with some tips and advice. You dont have to answer it all, just gimmie a point of reference. Im not new to scripting

Thanks all ;)
10 years ago
I felt like venting so I thought id do it here in a conveniently placed "off-topic" board lol ;)

So, I admin a facebook page of gamers. As of late I have become more and more frustrated with people bashing us modders, because they "assume" mods to mean "cheats"

Literally, I posted a valid explanation asking people to just bare these things in mind:

When you bash modders saying that they are ALL "cheaters", "lowlifes" and "S*** at games", you are insulting people like me, who harm no one and do it with full authority from the developers

Some games like Final Fantasy 7 on the PC were released broken. You could play up to a certain point and the game would crash. It was "modders" who released the patch, and this same patch was later reused by square on the re-release and linked on the Square website

Games like GTA people release entire rewrites of the graphics engine to fix bugs and increase quality

Valve were that impressed with a left 4 dead mod, they now "sell" it themselves on console?

^^^^^ None of these things are disruptive to other players, espcially those on console

I also highlighted that my mod, is just a map, and whatever goes with it. It in no-way disrupts other peoples gaming.

He just instantly came back bashing me, telling me that i must be terrible at games, and in ANY situation at all modding is illegal, and regardless of "what you think" it IS against the rules...

I ported links, proof, examples....

It all just came back to  "its illegal and all your sources are lies"

Well... you guys all know i am 100% telling the truth, so I post this question to you all :

"How do you get someone to consider ALL factors of a argument, if they refuse to believe ANY evidence that backs up your point?"

I know we are talking about facebook here, so the likely answer is "Its impossible", but I felt like entertaining the thought

This guys words really hurt me, as I usually share my progress there, another guy even blocked me then put up a post (obviously unaware that admins can STILL see it....) that they have blocked "cheaters" and theres no occasion where any mod is productive or creative...

I was that pi**ed that I banned him. Firstly I wasnt even talking to him, he jumped in just to have his 2 cents and block me lol

I call what we do, a form of "art". How bout you guys?

(Dont know why I let this make me so mad.... I guess its coz he literally bashed all my hard work, for reasons that are not even related to it)
10 years ago
Hey all!

So yeah I got everything else except  the FX. Anyone mind helping me out?

If not I guess I gotta learn to make em lol
10 years ago
Ok, so for some reason the cock on the gun in maya is in the correct place, but ingame its appearing where the yellow box is but only on the "idle" anim

which means it pops back and forth when it shouldnt, like everytime a bullet leaves the gun?

Otherwise all working fine, Could this be caused by me exporting the animated model incorrectly? Coz the anim appears to be fine in maya, and the other anims are fine in game. Just idle thats odd, ive exported it multiple times

**EDIT** I just noticed on the gun model it is placed in this wrong spot. When the anims are applied it is corrected. Should I Just manually adjust it?

I followed this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G3hIzEMnN4
10 years ago
Okay so I expected to have issues when I ported the Ray gun mk II, but the Stg? I must be bad at this...

So im porting the Stg44 from Origins, should be easy. I had both elfen and rollons videos at hand

I opened the model in maya and added the clip, successfully added it to waw

I then added the same viewarms as provided in the video and joined the rig. Exported the animated model from there

I made the ads animated models

I added the anims one by one exporting tag torso and tag cambone (hierarchy)

yet i get the following

vastly different from what i have in Maya...

anyone feel like helping me out, im having tragedy after tragedy lately
10 years ago
So you can open the door to the first zone in my map and goes through fine

But when you get into the zone after that, I know get like a seconds lag.

I also notice the zombies then all walk back to the spawn, and no zombies spawn in the new areas.

But the zone debugger tells me that activated.

Any ideas ;)
10 years ago
I hear some people have been able to work around this, anyone mind sharing?

I heard this was a engine limitation, but some people have managed to get around it

Also Im looking for the FX, if anyone minds helping me out at all that'd be great ;)

Ill make sure to credit you
10 years ago
Ok.... Ive been at this for hours and hours, now finally i have to go to bed... and of course that makes it THAT much more frustrating...

I have a raygun mk2 model
I have raygun mk2 sounds, preconverted
I have the official anims converted to cod 5 using toms tool and maya 2012
I set the note tracks on my anims and NONE of them are set to frame 0
I have the sound alias set up
I have sound,ray_gun2,,all_mp in my mod.csv

I have even sent these induvidual items to another modder, how was able to use them no problem... SO WHY  wont these damn things work for me?

Ive traweled through about 100 tutorials here and at zombie modding.com, all of them are nearly identical and NONE answer when people say they are having the same issue that im having

I can make the firing sound play, not the reload sound (which is the only one ive tried so far and also a note track), however if i assign the reload sound to the firing I can hear it just fine...

Im literally begging for help, this is like the 5th time Ive tried getting this gun, this is the furthest ive ever got, and I have had so many problems it has taken my over 8 ours...

Someone, please tell me you had this issue and fixed it

**UPDATE** 11 hours.... Cannot work this out, and it seems to be a common question, can nobody help?
10 years ago
This is really doing my head in now, as I did this no problem before, took a break from porting, now I cant get the damn thing to work at all...

Im running Maya 2012 and I have all the plug ins

I can add the gun, the view hands and the anim

I export successfully

Fails to convert in asset manager...

Ive tried 100 different ways, nothing is working, can someone fill me in

Double Post Merge: September 15, 2014, 05:31:52 am
Deleting the duplicate entry in another GDT, and adding it to another GDT in model export seems to have worked. Does this make sense to anyone else? If so ill mark as solved
10 years ago
So I ported player models from BO2 into WaW

They are totally find, except they look like the face has been sucking in through their mouths?

They look fine as regular models, but when assigned to a player the face screws up

And secondly I ported BO2 zombie models from Origins

It seems to be impossible to hit them in the head?

Any ideas?
10 years ago
Loading ...