or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - FLUXtrance

This shimmering thing normally should stay inside radiant(:
I had this error too but as I launched the map this was pretty much the only thing that worked.

If by shimmering, you guys are referring to the textures flickering in/out, I usually prefer to remove it for my own satisfaction while mapping. I just individually click the patches, change grid to .25, "ctrl G" on each; then if there are any pieces shimmering, I click both patches, and can usually find that the snap to grid has somehow misaligned then, so I just highlight both vertices, and "W" to weld. Hopefully that's what you meant, good luck!
11 years ago
People leave them as caulk textures because it makes them feel special inside  :lol:
You can use any texture, the actual idea behind it is that in the early stages of mapping, you don't want to commit to anything because the layout could change at any time, so you don't want to waste time texturing brushes and patches you might resize or delete later. Once you're reasonably satisfied with everything then you start adding textures.

As far as surfaces that are hidden, yes, use caulk textures. Caulk isn't rendered by the game engine, so it saves FPS if you set any hidden surfaces to Caulk.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I designed my entire map without Caulk so far, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something major
11 years ago
Hey all, Quick question to those of you who map a lot. I've been mapping for about a year now, so I like to think I have a pretty good grasp of what all the textures under "tools" are used for, and I'm aware of what "Caulk" does, but I'm curious. Why does everyone build their objects out of Caulk, then re-texture? Is it so they can leave textures that will never be seen "invisible" and save game resources? Honestly, I've always just used the textures I wanted, and never bothered with that step, as it just seemed unnecessary to me. are there any major benefits to using Caulk? Am I making a mistake not using it? My PC can basically run anything, so I never notice frame-rate differences, so if it makes a difference in frame-rate, I wouldn't know. Thanks! :)
11 years ago
Awesome, Thanks! :D
11 years ago
The script_firefx KVP on the debris parts is the FX that is triggered when the part starts moving. The KVP script_fxid is the FX that's triggered when the part is about to disappear.
Keep in mind that you might need to add the FX like any others in your CSV and script files. The value of these KVPs is the "name" of the FX in level._effect[].

- Phil.

Ah, thank you phil. So you're saying, if I change the "script_fxID" and the "script_firefx" to the FX names I desire from the level._effect file? (if this is a file, I might be mistaken? Then apply it in the CSV script files like any other FX? Sorry, I have literally zero experience with adding FX, so this is some new territory for me. I appreciate the help!
11 years ago
Hey all, I apologize if this is a stupidly simple question, but does anyone know how to make a "buyable debris" Explode instead of simply make an electrical animation? I want to make it look as if you are detonating a charge. If It is merely an animation, and the debris itself doesn't disappear on "impact", but still does the moving away animation like in the original, It isn't a big deal, as I can mask this easily. I just want to change the "electrical" animation to a more explosive animation. Thanks in advanced!
11 years ago
I don't know if this is the BEST option, but if all you've done to your WAW root folder is install mods  (basically you aren't a mapper), it may be easiest to just copy/paste your WAW mods folder onto your desktop, delete the WAW root folder, and uninstall the game, then re-install it on a different hard drive, and place the mods back there in that root folder. considering the game is fairly small, it shouldn't take too long :)
11 years ago
Szehang,
              I am glad that your eyes have been opened to the glories of the UGX Mod and to the wonders it possesses and how your life will never be the same. I'm sure you will be getting the standard UGX Mod neck tattoo very soon and then we will teach you the secret handshake which will bind us as brothers for life. Welcome to the family.

Don't forget our initiation. You have to buy User: FLUXtrance a Pizza, and give him $20. Then you can join our club

Honestly though, Welcome!
11 years ago
Anything you have edited will have to me moved/re-applied.

Yeah, this is the difficult part. obviously I've made copies of any files I edited outside of the typical files and placed them in my mods/mapname folder. (_zombiemode, for example) and built mods around them. My concern is are there other files outside of the mods/mapname that I may have briefly edited that may be associated with my map that I don't know of. I would like to just replace all the files to be on the safe side. Also, will I need to, when copying all my original files/replacing new files, will I need to rename them? ie. Paradise.map > Bermuda.map?

Basically, will I need to re-name these, then replace the new files that are created?
http://gyazo.com/cfa321c60fb172b6cba1df165e314643.png
11 years ago
Well one of the first ways to do this is to just rename the folder, that way conflicts are avoided and you can create a solo button to launch the map(as the folder name and your maps .ff will be different). It doesn't fully convert it to a new name though. Which is where we come to generating a new mod, the only thing the already mapped button does on Mr.Hankey's script placer is it doesn't place the map files. So just create the mod with the name you want in the UGX Script Placer and then replace the map files for it with yours(renamed). Then you can copy over your scripts and whatever else you want, then compile like normal.

Ok, so you think the best way is to create a new map with the script placer, (with the launch button, etc.), then just copy/paste the contents of any files I have in my mods/mapname folder that have been customized into the new mods/mapname? will this transfer all my script modifications, or are there other files I would need to alter?
11 years ago
I personally only like electric cherry when there is no perk limit, as it makes the player feel more powerful, even though it isn't really that powerful of a perk. That being said, thanks for the reply, I can understand why you guys haven't ported it.
11 years ago
Hey All, I apologize for the back to back posts. I have recently come to realize I have a really common map name for my newest map, and I would like to change it to something more original. What I DON'T want to do is change *most* of the file names properly, but miss one or two and run into some compile errors, or having my map flat-out not run. I remember doing this in the past with an older map, and running into some problems. Could one of you with experience in this recommend the best way to go about this? I already have some scripting done, so I'd prefer to keep my script files if possible (although if using a script placer with "already mapped" selected is the best way, I could make it work). Should I just rename all of my map files? If so, is there a list somewhere I could refer to? Thanks in advance!
11 years ago
Anyone know if there has been an "electric cherry" prefeb/port from black ops 2 yet? I know there are a couple sets of prefabs readily available and easy to install from black ops 1, but has anyone ported Electric Cherry from BO2? I feel like it may be more difficult to get working with the electric animation/etc. But it would be AWESOME to have in WAW zombies.

Forgive me if it's already been ported and available somewhere obvious. I haven't seen anything yet though, and I don't have the knowledge to port it myself (by any means) Thanks! :D
11 years ago
You have to have the texture set to natural in surface inspector.

Click on the texture that is like that and press "S" then click natural

I didn't know this was effective on water textures, but I guess so. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

EDIT: Unfortunately, this didn't solve it. thanks for the idea though.

Post Merge: July 01, 2013, 01:13:41 am
*Bump* Sorry, but this is still a major issue, and literally "map-breaking". If I can't get this water texture to work, I don't know what I'll do. Anybody have any experience with this issue?
11 years ago
Hey all,

I seem to be having a problem when creating oceans in Radiant. I made a large brush spanning the size of my "island", but when entering the game, the texture is terribly distorted, stretched, and the animation looks as though it is going at 5X it's regular speed in certain areas, while in others the animation is completely gone. This location I screen capped from is merely the easiest location to screen cap from, it is occurring all across my map. Any ideas on preventing this? Sorry, but pictures are the best I can do. Thanks!

http://gyazo.com/1274dc72a0f41bcdccd825ef238c4ab7

http://gyazo.com/39420ba22be01474905fc7e08aee8d33
11 years ago
Loading ...