or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Fire Level One

haha
8 years ago
If I changed the name of mod folder in root/mods from the name it was created as, would it create any problems with compiling the map?
8 years ago
when you make a der riese telporter the teleporter pad and mainframe doesn't shoot out electricity, like in the stock map (Also the teleporting cut seen doesn't work). If someone could make a script that can be applied to dlc3_teleporters.gsc that will make a script_origin placed at the mainframe or a teleporter shoot out electricity (I know this is possible because on the kino teleporters https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2013.0 it works using script_origin) or if you could fix the teleporting cut screen (which btw also works on kino teleporters from https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2013.0) then god bless you.
8 years ago
Oh, really sorry about that, I was very sleepy when I did the code, forgot some things  :(
Should work without any problems now

Code Snippet
Plaintext
move_door() //add this to the bottom of _nazi_zombie_mapname.gsc
{
door = GetEnt("YourDoorNameHere", "targetname"); //change YourDoorNameHere to your door targetname kvp
trigger = GetEnt("YourTriggerNameHere", "targetname"); //change YourTriggerNameHere to your trigger targetname kvp

door_is = true; //I'm assuming your door starts closed, if don't, change this to false
door_can_move = true;

while(1)
{
trigger waittill("trigger");

if (door_can_move)
{
if (door_is)
{
door_can_move = false;
door MoveTo(door.origin + (door.script_vector * -1), 0.5);
wait 0.5;
door_can_move = true;
door_is = false; // WARDOGSK93 - Door will slide other direction next time its triggered
}
else
{
door_can_move = false;
door MoveTo(door.origin + (door.script_vector), 0.5);
wait 0.5;
door_can_move = true;
door_is = true; // WARDOGSK93 - Door will slide other direction next time its triggered
}
}
wait .1;
}
}

100% works now, thank you!
8 years ago
use this code (its the exact same apart from Linoxet fogot to add the state changes to make it open / close)

Code Snippet
Plaintext
{
door = GetEnt("YourDoorNameHere", "targetname"); //change YourDoorNameHere to your door targetname kvp
trigger = GetEnt("YourTriggerNameHere", "targetname"); //change YourTriggerNameHere to your trigger targetname kvp

door_is = true; //I'm assuming your door starts closed, if don't, change this to false

while(1)
{

if (door_is)
{
door_is = false; // WARDOGSK93 - Door will slide other direction next time its triggered
}
else
{
door_is = true; // WARDOGSK93 - Door will slide other direction next time its triggered
}
wait .1;
}
}

It works! (kinda) if you hit the button again while it's transitioning it will move it too far putting it out of place.  :'(
I don't know if you can fix this or not but if you can I'd appreciate it.
8 years ago
Sorry for not being very clear, I've done some changes in the code, use this one, is better :D
Code Snippet
Plaintext
{

while(1)
{

if (door_is)
{
}
else
{
}
wait .1;
}
}

Just set the script_vector kvp in your door like a normal door.

there's a problem, when I use this code the door keeps sliding further and further away instead of coming back.  :derp:
8 years ago
Sorry for not being very clear, I've done some changes in the code, use this one, is better :D
Code Snippet
Plaintext
{

while(1)
{

if (door_is)
{
}
else
{
}
wait .1;
}
}

Just set the script_vector kvp in your door like a normal door.

I'm a toldler when it comes to writing code, so thank you for your help!
I can't test it since I'm on vacation, but I'm sure it works.
8 years ago
By
Code Snippet
Plaintext
pos_closed = ""; //change here to your door closed position
pos_open = ""; //change here to your door open position

you mean change the coordinates of the door and not the script_vector right?
8 years ago
Does anybody know how to make a door that can be activated again to close or make a trigger_use decide where a script_brushmodel moves?
8 years ago
Whats the script that will make text appear specifically on the bottom left of the screen at the beginning of a game? (like on campaign missions)
8 years ago
My der riese teleporters work fine but the teleporters and mainframe don't shoot out electricity when used like in the stock map der riese. Also while teleporting there's no teleporting cut scene, just blackness. And yes I'm using the dlc3_teleporter.gsc script.
8 years ago
Assuming you mean the teleporter on der riese, and assuming you are using the dlc3_teleporter.gsc script.

Open that script up and search for
Code Snippet
Plaintext
trigger thread teleport_pad_countdown( index, 30 );
change the 30 to whatever number you want it to be. Make sure to build mod.

I believe that is all you need to change. Let me know if it works!

It worked, thank you!
yeah I meant der riese teleporters and the dlc3_teleporter.gsc script I forgot to mention that sorry.
8 years ago
It turns out I was trying to make the stairs out of a brushmodel   :-[
8 years ago
Is there anyway to edit the teleporter link-to-mainframe time?
8 years ago
whenever I place non zombie actors in my map I start out with 8 grenades, and anytime I use a grenade it uses two, but every round I get four grenades.  >:(
8 years ago
Loading ...