or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ConvictioNDR

Jeez dude, a simple "not interested" would have sufficed.
My bad, I thought you might be interested to know why I, and some others, don't want to participate in your script making contest.
9 years ago
I would love to hear back from map makers if any of you would be interested in participating in another YouAlwaysWin contest.
Not really. I'm not trying to be negative here, but the contest is hardly about making the map. Sure the map can't be a box to win, but this contest is really about the scripting. I could spend 6 months making a nice looking map with my basic scripts and modifications that I can put together and still have a fun map, but it will always fall short to the maps that are crowded with custom scripts like gamemodes, wonder weapons, traps, bosses, complicated easter eggs, iron man suits, mini games, dolphin dive, dynamic events, AC130's, hunter killer drones, and other things that require more than a basic knowledge of cod scripting to do. My mind works well in 3D spaces so get it into code and my mind gets lost. Most of the stuff you guys find fun in custom zombies probably has some code behind it so it's not really fair. The only way to make the contest fair while having it be about the map is to have the map use Der Riese scripts and have nothing added custom via script. But that would be boring so why would anyone do that. So as long as the contest is this way, there just isn't any point in participating unless you yourself are good at scripting or have a friend who is. You can use community scripts I guess but there isn't a single one there that isn't overused as soon as it comes out making people tired of seeing it and no longer fun so that's a no.
Then let's talk about fun. Fun was the biggest factor listed in the judging so what is fun? Fun to me is different than it is to you two. How am I supposed to make something fun for you two who decide if it's fun or not when what you think is fun is what I find to be boring? That doesn't make sense.
That's just 2 of the things I can see wrong with the contest. It is still my opinion that a contest is not the best way to give back to the community if that is what you are looking to do.
9 years ago
I was saying....
(Image removed from quote.)
Enough said!
You were saying it deletes them after 5 images. My picture clearly says otherwise. I don't pay for Gyazo yet a image I took 50 images ago is still there. They stay for good unless you delete them, you just cannot view them in your history page, which is not important for posting them to a forum.
If you'd like to continue this further without doing some basic research on the subject, please take it to pm with yourself. I'm sure you'll agree with yourself and there won't be much of an argument.
My point still stands. Gyazo is fast and works just as well for this purpose. It's not their fault people don't know how to use the right click function, one of the basics of computer use.
Good day to you.
9 years ago
Because its not the best long term image host. Plus unless he has paid for Gyazo, in 5 or 10 images time,, they will be deleted.

You were saying?
9 years ago
Please use IMGUR Not Gyazo :3
Why? Gyazo is fast. All he has to do is right click and copy image url instead of using the Gyazo link.
9 years ago
Great mod release! 10/10 would play again!
Now if I could just make sense of what was said in the post...
9 years ago
I've played it before. Thought it was pretty cool too.
9 years ago
I've never really seen anyone talk about it, but this is what I think it is from just looking at images and the names of images on guns I port after converting the material in asset manager.
Cosine powermaps are for specular maps. It's basically the same image as the specular color but generally has more contrast and it is always black and white. It determines how bright the shine is. In Infinity Ward games, the white areas have the shiniest shine for lack of a better way of putting it. In Treyarch games it's opposite and black determines the shiniest shine. When you convert the material, asset manager combines the spec color map and cosine power map into one image to make the specular iwi.

So for example, this is my specular color map

And this is my cosine power map

But these are for COD4, so for WaW or other Treyarch games you can invert the power map and probably be fine. It's all experimentation to get the shine you want really.

Normal maps generally export with the model and are in the images folder, but if not you can easily create your own from the color map using ssbump generator or something like that.
9 years ago
If you really just want to get rid of them completely you can just delete them from your mods images folder so they won't be put in the IWD. I really only suggest doing that for things like the glass of the car and other models that no one is really going to notice the specular maps missing, but for the weapons I suggest taking the time to fix the specular maps as it will make the weapons look nicer.
9 years ago
So it would be better to keep the windows 8 on there instead of 7 as long as i run the compatibility for xp sp3?
I run the mod tools just fine on Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit with no compatibility mode set. All you have to do is set them to run as admin. If worst comes to worst you can set them to run in compatibility mode.
And as long as it is mostly the same cus i would be doing some map work on the PC ( win 7 ) then doing a bit on the laptop whilst out.
It's exactly the same. The file locations and everything are the same.
9 years ago
You are getting that error because an unhandled exception was caught. You should try cutting a hole in the butterfly net so it cannot catch the unhandled exception...

Or you could launch the map in developer so you can get a more detailed error message. That might work too.
9 years ago
I already have them all ported and rigged, but I didn't know if there would be any community interest in a mod, especially with all the AW stuff that will be most likely coming soon.
Advanced Warfail?

The game is poorly developed and not even worth the money for it's assets.
9 years ago
I've thought of getting weapons from a lesser known game by Raven Software (who now helps in the development of COD) called Singularity. Some pretty cool guns in it. I actually highly recommend the game itself if you've never played it. It has a very well put together story. I enjoy the level design and the game as a whole. It's kind of a shame seeing a studio with that talent being held back by COD and knowing there will most likely never be a sequel because of it but sadly nothing I can do about that. http://store.steampowered.com/app/42670/
Other than that, I think the Bioshock games have some pretty cool guns.
9 years ago
I usually just put a clip around the model in a prefab but I suppose you can create a collmap since it's really the same idea almost http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Creating_Collmaps_for_Models and if you can't get it to work then the clip would be your best option.
9 years ago
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Engine_Limitation
So long as you stay within the engine limitations you will be fine.
9 years ago
Loading ...