Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
It can get better than michael bay!
IronJaws2's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
IronJaws2's Contact & Social Links
I'm having an issue with the textures and models of my map(s). This texture and model screwup wasn't noticed until I had to make steam 'acknowledge' the contents where the mod tools were.

Couple of nights ago, I decided to go turn of my pc before I went to bed. The next day, I woke up, turned on the pc, went on steam and noticed that the mod tools in the tool section of steam weren't installed even though I had them installed already.
So I tried to download the mod tools on the drive where I have them located (just so it can override its contents at the very least).
It downloaded and it 'recognized' the file location, a download was placed after that adjustment occurred which was about 40 minutes.
After all of that occurred, I was able to open up the mod tools and I clicked radiant applied to my map selection.

The next thing I know, I'm looking at my map with textures that are missing, seeing some of the models that are in their shape without some textures applied and models that are displaced with little cubes.

I exited my launcher and noticed an update that was needed for the mod tools and so i proceeded with installing it. The download process on steam for the mod tools was 'validating' for 40 minutes but whenever I looked at the download page it told me it was an "update required".
The download process didn't have any bytes transferring. After the validation process, it listed another update required listed on the download section for the mod tools again.
Clicked it and said validating again. So now it's a nonstop loop of telling me something that is in need of an update when it actually isn't.

I don't know WHY steam decided to not recognize the mod tools for black ops 3 in the tool section for me, even when i could run the tools by just finding it in the files and using it from there.
But i wanted to make sure I'm getting everything new from the updates. I find myself regretting that decision immensely now.
It's weird because most of the textures and models that can't be seen in radiant are the models and textures THEY provided within their bo3 mod tools.
I'm thinking about saving some of the exclusive files and deleting the game and the mod tools and re downloading it to fix but unsure if the problems will be fixed henceforth.

It probably has to do with the GDT's because I don't know whether the new ones that are put in xanim_export, model_export and texture_assets should be placed in source_data or should be kept where they are put.

Here are some of the materials missing.
From what I've noticed, most of the textures that are missing begin with "t7_" and the models usually begin with "p7_"

Textures
t7_stone_tile_3x2
t7_brick_worn_heavy_grout_plaster_r02
t7_concrete_trim_moulding_01_wet
mtl_fxanim_gp_concrete_trim_beveled_01_crack
t7_concrete_planter
t7_ceramic_terrazzo_floor_tile_01
t7_concrete_floor_broken_01
t7_cai_street_sidewalk_old_04
t7_plastic_wires_bundles_optical_emissive
t7_metal_painted_white_01
t7_mud_sledge_wet_03_blend
t7_metal_perforated_rust
t7_rock_desert_gravel_tan_01
t7_ceramic_tile_shower_grey

Found on t7_materials
*t7_ceramic_terrazzo_floor_tile_01_c
*t7_concrete_planter_c
*t7_concrete_trim_beveled_01_c
*t7_concrete_floor_broken_01_c

missing models
p7_brick_worn_painted_white_breakout_09
p7_concrete_block_dmg_01_64a
p7_ladder_metal_secured_guard
p7_armoire_wood_varnished_worn_dirty
p7_inf_foy_boarding_door_frame_01a
p7_inf_foy_boarding_door_rt_01a
p7_inf_foy_boarding_door_lt_01a
p7_sandbag_short
p7_sandbag_stack_32_middle
p7_corrugated_sheet_metal_rust_02_wet
p7_corrugated_sheet_metal_rust_dmg_01_mp
p7_pipe
p7_aqu_gate_chainlink_01_right
p7_cloth_drape_02_torn_beige

Should I remove everything from black ops 3 and redownload the game and mod tools again so everything can balance nicely OR should I keep stuff since the next update could fix it all.

Thanks for your time and cooperation and peace.

Message me on steam or discord @ ASTR0x0M3GA

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
reckfullies's Groups
reckfullies's Contact & Social LinksReckfulliesReckfullies
This might be a dumb question but did you try doing "Verify integrity of tools files" inside the properties menu on steam?

If you didn't already do it, this should fix any missing/broken files from your installation then verify that it is all there.

Other than that I can't think of anything else besides reinstalling, although since it is such a big download I would try to figure out something else first unless you have no problem downloading over 100gb again lol
Date Registered: 23 July 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
IronJaws2's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
IronJaws2's Contact & Social Links
I have done the verification of integrity but ill try again just-in case. Thankx for responding. Ill reply back on what happens afterwords.
Date Registered: 10 July 2016
Last active: 12 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.
Archaicvirus's Groups
Archaicvirus's Contact & Social Links
Just my 2 cents, when I had this happen to me, I had manually moved my bo3 root directory to my ssd, and what a mistake that was. I was able to keep all of my content though, after following a method I found on google to migrate steam folders properly. Steam has an option to move your game folders around, however if steam wasn't recognizing the files, you should have been able to at least "add" the folder by using the '"add a non-steam game" to library option. That might not be your issue. But within your steam directory, there is a file that is essentially a log of all your steam games/file paths. I would check that file for any anomalies. There is more info here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjR2OS-06TUAhVEPCYKHSCfDxEQFggrMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Flifehacker.com%2Fhow-to-move-a-pc-game-to-another-hard-drive-without-re-1714706774&usg=AFQjCNE8HT2JAd0zVtTMKrrNDMfN5Lo9lA&sig2=GDzNwmyhac2crMCPY-x3MQ I believe that is the tutorial I followed to fix the problem for me, which was option 2. Good luck man.

Loading ...