Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
READ MY REPLY POSTED TODAY (12/22/14)  TO SEE MORE INFO. I NEED HELP :alone:

So I recently added all the zones and spawners to my map. I got no errors when compiling or loading the map but when I open the door to that zone, it does not activate. inital_zone works fine. Here is my setup:

Here is my setup in MAPNAME.gsc. (Zone 4 and 5 have not been used yet) :

All my spawners are connected to my zone with a yellow line. None of the zones overlap. I know the spawner kvp's are correct because I copied them from the inital_zone and changed the target ect. Here are the radiant kvp's for zone1:

and for the trigger for the door that is supposed to activate zone 1:

Both zone 1 and 2 do not activate the spawners when I open the door. I stayed in each zone for 3 rounds just to make sure and none of the zombies spawned from in that zone. All path nodes are connected also. Am I missing something? Is something Wrong? Any help appreciated!
Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:03:48 am by MZslayer11
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
Your kvp for script_flag should be "enter_zone1" not "zone_1"
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 8 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Your kvp for script_flag should be "enter_zone1" not "zone_1"
Ok thanks, the tutorial I followed didn't say that lol :please:
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
Basically the function for adding a zone is this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( <zone>, <zone>, <flag> );
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Ah makes sense now, thanks.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Well i'm at a bit of a standstill. I changed my kvp's to the correct ones on the doors and I also triple checked all the zones and spawners to make sure that all the kvp's were correct. Zombies still don't spawn in the zones after I open the door! All my kvp's are the same as in the op (except for the script flag on the door trigger). What am I missing here? The script_flag is supposed to go on the door's trigger not the door, correct?
Date Registered: 25 August 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Signature
Maps:
[Boxes]
crazybfg's Groups
crazybfg's Contact & Social LinksCrazyBFGCrazyBFG
Well i'm at a bit of a standstill. I changed my kvp's to the correct ones on the doors and I also triple checked all the zones and spawners to make sure that all the kvp's were correct. Zombies still don't spawn in the zones after I open the door! All my kvp's are the same as in the op (except for the script flag on the door trigger). What am I missing here? The script_flag is supposed to go on the door's trigger not the door, correct?
I'm having the same problem. Please help.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
I'm still having trouble activating zones.  :fuuu: I have tried everything so i'm gonna clarify a few more things to see if anyone can help me. Below, I have a picture of the zone kvp's, the door kvp's, the door trigger kvp's, and the spawner kvp's. All the images were just taken and are up to date.

I would also like to mention that zone1 has two separate doors with two separate trigger. Both triggers and doors have the same kvp's so that the player can open either door and it will unlock both doors. This also applies to the script_flag : enter_zone1. Is this a problem? Can the script flag only be on one door, or is it causing problems because both doors/door triggers have the same kvp's? just asking every variable to be sure.

I would also like to mention that the map freezes for about one second after opening the door to this zone. This also happens to the other door that activates another zone, zone2. Doors that do not activate zones do not have this problem. Is this an indicator that the zone is actually activated and that there might be another problem?

Zone KVP's:

Spawner KVP's:

Door KVP's:

Door Trigger KVP's

Also, the script_flag is supposed to be on the door's trigger, not the door, right? I am also using the drag-and-drop TranZit zombie pack, don't know if this matters. Finally, the initial_zone is split up into several pieces to fit my map's curves. initial_zone still works fine. I cut a section off of zone1 but zone one is all one piece still. Zone2 is cut into two pieces. The cut zones are a few inches apart and do not overlap. All the sides of every zone piece are textured with the 'Volume' texture. I was told in another post that this would be OK to do.

I really need to figure this out otherwise I am gonna have to figure out a way to have only one zone in my map. If you need to see/know anything else, let me know so I can help you help me.

thanks,
MZlslayer11
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
The cut zones are a few inches apart

they should not be apart, they should be "touching" but not overlapping

Now, to cover a few other questions :

I would also like to mention that zone1 has two separate doors with two separate trigger. Both triggers and doors have the same kvp's so that the player can open either door and it will unlock both doors. This also applies to the script_flag : enter_zone1. Is this a problem? Can the script flag only be on one door, or is it causing problems because both doors/door triggers have the same kvp's? just asking every variable to be sure.
Nope, this is fine. The zone can only be activated once, after that, any further calls to activate it are ignored (unless of course you deactivate the zone at some point)

This also happens to the other door that activates another zone, zone2. Doors that do not activate zones do not have this problem. Is this an indicator that the zone is actually activated and that there might be another problem?
The "freeze" is caused by a never ending loop - eventually the engine will abandon it to prevent it crashing

Also, the script_flag is supposed to be on the door's trigger, not the door, right?

correct

I really need to figure this out otherwise I am gonna have to figure out a way to have only one zone in my map. If you need to see/know anything else, let me know so I can help you help me.
First try running in dev mode

so type "developer 1" (no quotations) into the console before starting your map and tell me what it does. You can add me on skype if you want and ill go through it in more detail.
Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:12:33 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
inital_zone works fine and that are not touching  ???
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
no they "should" be touching, just not overlapping
Marked as best answer by MZslayer11 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
OK here's what ill try: I'm gonna delete all the zone parts and start from scratch. I will make sure the grid is on and aligned and I will not move the pieces apart. I will, compile, test in dev 1 and see if it works. Thanks :)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
good idea, post here if you have further issues

Ive been through this myself (in my case, despite checking 100 times, it turned out my zone was overlapping another beneath it, I even redid em multiple times)

Hope it works out for ya
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
I finished zoning everything. Everything is layed out perfectly and square. Gotta go for tonight. Will test tomorrow ;)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
awesome, ill keep a eye out

Loading ...