Date Registered: 8 July 2015
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
nuketown122's Groups
nuketown122's Contact & Social Links

Those white reflections are so annoying, is there a way to make it as normal as a horizontal "dynamic water"
I had the brush set to "simple terrain patch" because there were no other ways to change it's color. 
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
I'm no expert in mapping but there are a couple things I would try to see if it works:

1. Give a small space between the glass brush and the terrain patch with the water texture. Set all faces of the glass brush (other than the side facing the room) to the texture "no draw"

If that doesn't work id try troubleshooting the problem in another orientation and then rotating it.

2. Id try maybe setting the patch to caulk. Rotating it horizontal to the floor applying the texture and placing glass ontop. Compile. If it works then rotating the wall back to verticle and placing it. 

I'm a beginner when it comes to scripting and troubleshooting. But you never know. 

Feel free to PM me or talk to me if you want help with anything else. I'm working on my own map so id be glad to have someone to bounce problems and Ideas with!
Date Registered: 8 July 2015
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
nuketown122's Groups
nuketown122's Contact & Social Links
when you meant by: "Give a small space between the glass brush and the terrain patch with the water texture. Set all faces of the glass brush (other than the side facing the room) to the texture "no draw""
I should replace the glass brush with to "no draw" While leaving a small space between the brush and the patch?

And for the 2nd solution I don't think that would work, because I don't think water is meant to be flipped vertically I might justify this from placing  the water horizontally  which will work Example:

Note that there should be glass brush above the "lava brush" which appenrently doesn't show when your outside of the water but when entering noclip you would see it. Obvisouby I will put a clip to the borders but thast is a problem to fix another time.
Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:31:22 pm by nuketown122

Loading ...