My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Has anyone ever seen a script model show for the host, but not the coop players?

These numbers are models that are set randomly, and the host can see all three, but my coop player can't see the 3rd one..?? I'm worried that the third player couldn't see 2 maybe or worse. I don't have an alternative for this, other than making it a 3 digit code maybe if that helps...

Host

Coop Player

Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 06:55:45 pm by MakeCents
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Signature
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
Has anyone ever seen a script model show for the host, but not the coop players?

These numbers are models that are set randomly, and the host can see all three, but my coop player can't see the 3rd one..?? I'm worried that the third player couldn't see 2 maybe or worse. I don't have an alternative for this, other than making it a 3 digit code maybe if that helps...

Host
(Image removed from quote.)

Coop Player
(Image removed from quote.)
what is it scripted in, and is it spawned in or there already... plus u can always do how nuketown did their counter
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
what is it scripted in, and is it spawned in or there already... plus u can always do how nuketown did their counter

Gcs, spawned in and deleted after the code is entered to keep ents down, since there are four doors.
Marked as best answer by MakeCents 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
liamsa669's Groups
hmm... try hiding the pannel, but keep the numbers... it may just be positioning... I know waw is unique with positioning... so this is an easy test to see if the positioning is correct... it may be that the model is spawned for them, but is below the actual pannel. another thing might be clipping/lods, model count (just like hud elements), or a fault in the spawn script (i doubt that, since its gsc after all)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
hmm... try hiding the pannel, but keep the numbers... it may just be positioning... I know waw is unique with positioning... so this is an easy test to see if the positioning is correct... it may be that the model is spawned for them, but is below the actual pannel. another thing might be clipping/lods, model count (just like hud elements), or a fault in the spawn script (i doubt that, since its gsc after all)

Thanks I'll give those a try. I guess worse case senerio I will just print it on screen for the player that puts the keycard in...
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
I've had this happen before when I was making the EE for Overrun - and it still does this (unfortunately).
I may have a fix though, its usually something to do with client side waits not working right. We've had a similar instance of this in Leviathan when the Excavators would only do the anims for the host, but not for the clients. The fix for this was to add 3 wait_network_frame() functions right before you set your model / set an anim.

We found that fix after realizing Treyarch using this method in a few of their scripts, so we tested it out and sure enough it worked. though keep in mind, Harry used this fix as well and it worked for him at first, but later stopped working, so its not a guarantee.

Hope this helps.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I've had this happen before when I was making the EE for Overrun - and it still does this (unfortunately).
I may have a fix though, its usually something to do with client side waits not working right. We've had a similar instance of this in Leviathan when the Excavators would only do the anims for the host, but not for the clients. The fix for this was to add 3 wait_network_frame() functions right before you set your model / set an anim.

We found that fix after realizing Treyarch using this method in a few of their scripts, so we tested it out and sure enough it worked. though keep in mind, Harry used this fix as well and it worked for him at first, but later stopped working, so its not a guarantee.

Hope this helps.

Okay great, I have some random waits in now, and it was the same one everytime which was odd, so maybe adding more set waits after will be the answer. Thanks! I'll let everyone know if it is resolved with either method, compiling now.

I'm gonna also do one at a time and make it wait for the last one to be done first.

I had a similar issue to that when I found an fx that was looping way too much for some reason. Never figured out why, I just moved it, lol. Then it stopped breaking anims for the coop players.

Double Post Merge: May 01, 2016, 08:00:23 pm
This here, is the first I have ever seen this shit.

Host:

Coop player:

The 7 or third digit is clearly moved back for the coop player. So strange.
Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:00:24 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
liamsa669's Groups
as bwc always says:
Quote from: Bwc66930 whenever You Try Talk To Him
LOVE ME!

EDIT:
now if only it was one of those NOOBs that call me a 'retard' so i can prove them wrong... :( (cough cough pwn and jr)
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:27:55 am by liamsa669

Loading ...