Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
minidude140's Groups
minidude140's Contact & Social LinksMinidude140
 I am new to making maps and have run into a problem.  After installing the mod tools from Here, using all the mod tools combined into a single pack (yes I installed them to steamapps/common/WAW).  The everything works fine until I try to launch a map.  I get the error, "Server script compile error.  Could not find script 'maps/_zombiemode_dogs'".  This is when I try to launch the setup map from UGX's script placer 2.0.1.  I tried just going ahead and using radiant, but after building a simple room with spawns I got the same error when launching.  I tried using an older version of the script placer I think 1.1.6 and still have the same issue.  Is it because there are no dog spawns placed in these maps yet? If anyone can help me find where I am going wrong I would greatly appreciate it.  I am already getting the hang of Radiant but don't want to build a map that wont run!
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Sounds like you are not compiling your map correctly. Are you sure you have checked the correct boxes and are compiling everything you need?

Below is a video that shows what options you need to check, etc. (it might be old but worked for me when I was a beginner)

Date Registered: 11 June 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
minidude140's Groups
minidude140's Contact & Social LinksMinidude140
Thank You! I followed that video and you were definitely right.  It was a compiling error.  Well... I went back to the tutorial series I've been following and I compiled it the way he does and I get the errors(He didn't compile the bsp info or the patch).  However, the video you provided worked great. 

Here's the video I watched.  He explaind radiant well, but compiled wrong?
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Thank You! I followed that video and you were definitely right.  It was a compiling error.  Well... I went back to the tutorial series I've been following and I compiled it the way he does and I get the errors(He didn't compile the bsp info or the patch).  However, the video you provided worked great. 

Here's the video I watched.  He explaind radiant well, but compiled wrong?
You should never compile your mod before your map, since when you compile your mod it also uses the .d3dbsp file you create when compiling your map. That one should be new everytime you make a change to your map in radiant.
Also your _patch contains important files that the game needs.
And I'd suggest never to use the "Run after compile" button, always go to the last tab in your launcher, select your mod and start the game from there ;)

Loading ...