Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
iSayPwn's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
iSayPwn's Contact & Social LinksiSayPwniSayPwniSayPwniSayPwniSayPwniSayPwniSayPwn
Hello, all! My problem is that my brushes are not reflecting any light. I have a very bright sun in my map, but there's not a single bit of light on anywhere besides my character model and weapon. I do have Reflection Probes, a Light Grid, and a Sky Light Grid. When I walk past windows I see the shadow of the brushes on my character's arms, but I do not see any light on any portions of the map. Would I have to place separate nodes of light for every single part of the map?? Thanks in advance.
Marked as best answer by iSayPwn 9 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 9 May 2014
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
GTTClan's Groups
You need the actual "LIGHT" in order for it to be lit.
You can't just put a SkyBox with a sun and expect it to light up the map.

If you don't want to place light's individually around the map, place 1 big light at one end and one big light at the other end, lighting up the entire map.

Place lights, hit up the Entities window and increase range and density to your liking. Recommendation for most huge maps: Radius = 1500 - 2000
Density = 1.5 = 2.5

Now this is not really whats considered "Good Lighting" but it will at least light up your map and then later you can play around with it.
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
^ that could work, but...

if you are too lazy to light your map properly i would use ambient setting in worldspawn: kvps are ambient value: 0.2 - 1 are good values 1 being very bright and 0.2 being pretty dark but not too dark, also for reflections make sure u have specular maps enabled in the options menu
Date Registered: 29 December 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
iSayPwn's Groups
iSayPwn's Contact & Social LinksiSayPwniSayPwniSayPwniSayPwniSayPwniSayPwniSayPwn
You need the actual "LIGHT" in order for it to be lit.
You can't just put a SkyBox with a sun and expect it to light up the map.

If you don't want to place light's individually around the map, place 1 big light at one end and one big light at the other end, lighting up the entire map.

Place lights, hit up the Entities window and increase range and density to your liking. Recommendation for most huge maps: Radius = 1500 - 2000
Density = 1.5 = 2.5

Now this is not really whats considered "Good Lighting" but it will at least light up your map and then later you can play around with it.

Thanks, man! Will work on it.

Loading ...