Date Registered: 28 April 2018
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
ADHdBomb's Groups
ADHdBomb's Contact & Social Links
So I've been trying to create custom zombies map for the past week. Up until a few days ago at noon everything worked perfectly. I was trying to place some light entities in the starting room of my new map, and Radiant crashed. Ever since that crash when I open Black ops III modtools and try to open ANY .map files in Radiant, the Radiant splash art comes up and goes to the loading screen where you can see that it is loading assets. However, once the loading screen comes up, it instantly freezes and stops responding. I have reinstalled modtools twice to no avail. Is there some sort fix for an error like this? I have verified my modtools and Black Ops III files on steam twice, so I am rapidly running out of ideas.

Double Post Merge: April 29, 2018, 01:18:01 pm
Here is a picture of what appears when the program crashes. Another note is even when opening Radiant by itself on an empty map, when i try to click and add a brush on the grid the program stops responding.
Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:18:01 pm by ADHdBomb
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 August 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I am done. done I am, am I done?
GlueGun87's Groups
GlueGun87's Contact & Social Links
Dont know how to fix that too, always a bug with windows...
But i do know one method and it might work (stated might!).
Because this is a very cheap way but hey it works for me and should work for you (dont know if you like it thoo).
Just make a new admin account on your windows and compare them,
If its just your modtools (bo III) then you can use that new account (reinstall all your visual c++ to that account) and just use steam backup and move it to say c:/codbo3/ and back up bo 3 to there with the modtools. And if you dont like it, then move all of your
programs (because of the time to install all your data) to your new account and delete your old account because of this "one error" you dont like.
As stated "compare", accounts. This is a pain way if it works but that should delete the stupid auto crash. Or If your on win10, use task manager and look for COM surrogate and exit that stupid thing with task manager if you open black radient should show op when you make in action with windows (ANY FUCKEN ACTION!!!!! hate you COM SURROGATE).
Date Registered: 28 April 2018
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
ADHdBomb's Groups
ADHdBomb's Contact & Social Links
Oddly enough, after my game and modtools becoming corrupt, I uninstalled both and deleted any left over files and had to do a clean reinstall. Now my radiant works fine.

Loading ...