Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
FinalKill9175's Groups
FinalKill9175's Contact & Social LinksFinalKillGamingFinalKill917FinalKill9175
Hey. I wanted to adress another issue  with T4M  :please:

If I am playing Co-op on the Lanfixed version of cod 5 with T4M installed, my game crashes and says
'Server Authentication Faliure'

Any ideas?

BTW, lanfixed worked fine on v1.7

I did a little research and found out that it may have to do with T4M changing the version number.
Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 08:05:51 pm by FinalKill9175
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 January 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Guilhermex12's Groups
Guilhermex12's Contact & Social LinksGuilhermex12UGX-Mods
Same to me :(
Date Registered: 8 April 2015
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
MaxCarnage696's Groups
MaxCarnage696's Contact & Social Links
Hey. I wanted to adress another issue  with T4M  :please:

If I am playing Co-op on the Lanfixed version of cod 5 with T4M installed, my game crashes and says
'Server Authentication Faliure'

Any ideas?

BTW, lanfixed worked fine on v1.7

I did a little research and found out that it may have to do with T4M changing the version number.
I think I know why it happens ( not 100% sure ). Installing T4M seems to change the version of the game from 1.7 to 2.0 ( whatever it is ) so people who don't have T4M installed will not be able to join people who have T4M installed and vice versa.

I use a program called Tunngle to play Lan with some friends and was getting the server authentication error. I asked if they had T4M installed. When they said they didn't I removed my T4M and tried to connect to them without it. My friend hosted a game, I joined and got in. So, I think the problem is if the person who's hosting doesn't have T4M or your friends don't, then it might give you an authentication error because the game might think you have different versions. If you and the host both have T4M then you should be able to join each other fine. Basically I think you both have to have either 1.7 or T4M to be able to join each other. This worked for me and my friend but I don't know if it will for you. Hopefully it does and good luck :)
Date Registered: 8 January 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
It's my hobby
FinalKill9175's Groups
I think I know why it happens ( not 100% sure ). Installing T4M seems to change the version of the game from 1.7 to 2.0 ( whatever it is ) so people who don't have T4M installed will not be able to join people who have T4M installed and vice versa.

I use a program called Tunngle to play Lan with some friends and was getting the server authentication error. I asked if they had T4M installed. When they said they didn't I removed my T4M and tried to connect to them without it. My friend hosted a game, I joined and got in. So, I think the problem is if the person who's hosting doesn't have T4M or your friends don't, then it might give you an authentication error because the game might think you have different versions. If you and the host both have T4M then you should be able to join each other fine. Basically I think you both have to have either 1.7 or T4M to be able to join each other. This worked for me and my friend but I don't know if it will for you. Hopefully it does and good luck :)
I did it locally on two machines that are fully capable of running WaW (I had a friend over and we wanted to play). Both copies had WaW installed, and T4M. I had gotten the error. However, as you said, removing T4M reverted the game back to 1.7 and I had no issues. But having the host have T4M literally makes no difference, as the game would not load anyway (due to the map requiring T4M). Also, I can join lobbies, but not actually start the game (if I have T4M on both machines)
Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:09:42 am by FinalKill9175
Date Registered: 8 January 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
It's my hobby
FinalKill9175's Groups
Also, its a shame because I cannot actually use WaW on lanfixed anymore if a map requires T4M

Loading ...