Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
vOneShot's Groups
vOneShot's Contact & Social Links
hi all,

you may remember we discussing this before but a number of maps on the ugx mod I am unable to play on co op.

The maps unable to player are as follows:
Forts
House
UGX Cabin

also Night I believe

All the others I can play in co op, Both me and the person who i play with have the ports open, which are displayed below:

TCP   28960   
UDP   3074
UDP   28960

Any ideas as to what may be causing this, or a quick solution to the problem?

Cheers Dan
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Forts
House
UGX Cabin

also Night I believe
Only one of those is a UGX-created map, the rest are different authors.

The fact that you can't play any of those pretty much tells me it's not something wrong with our maps or compiling because you have mentioned a map that Aidan made, one that W1NG3D made, and one that npissoawesome made. There is no common factor to identify the source of the problem

If your ports are forwarded correctly than all I can say is it must be a slow connection or just bad luck.
Date Registered: 6 April 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
vOneShot's Groups
Thanks for the info mate but i have 80mb internet and the other person has 20mb it cant be down to connect problems,

Do i need any other ports opening? Do both players need the ports opening or just the host;

Any other ideas?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Thanks for the info mate but i have 80mb internet and the other person has 20mb it cant be down to connect problems,

Do i need any other ports opening? Do both players need the ports opening or just the host;

Any other ideas?
Both sides need correctly forwarded ports. Also, it comes down to ping, not your bandwidth. I have a 30mb connection, doesn't mean I will have a good ping to someone in Europe (for example) from the United States.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
vOneShot's Groups
Both sides need correctly forwarded ports. Also, it comes down to ping, not your bandwidth. I have a 30mb connection, doesn't mean I will have a good ping to someone in Europe (for example) from the United States.

We also live in a matter of miles from one another and our ping seems good we'll just have to keep trying our luck :)

Can't wait for you to keep adding some more maps to ugx mod, don't suppose your going to add selow any time soon?

Cheers dan
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member

We also live in a matter of miles from one another and our ping seems good we'll just have to keep trying our luck :)

Can't wait for you to keep adding some more maps to ugx mod, don't suppose your going to add selow any time soon?

Cheers dan
Seelow is CoDMapper's personal project. I believe he is waiting on some work to be finished that he outsourced.

I still recommend you make sure your friend forwarded his ports correctly. 99% of the time, that's the issue.

There will be a beta soon of [UGX] Paradox available to donators only (its an early stage beta), there will be a beta of finalized UGX Bar 2.0 available soon (again, donors only), and there will be a beta of another upcoming unannounced map (donors only) available in the coming month or two (depends on how long UGX Mod takes to finish).
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
vOneShot's Groups
Seelow is CoDMapper's personal project. I believe he is waiting on some work to be finished that he outsourced.

I still recommend you make sure your friend forwarded his ports correctly. 99% of the time, that's the issue.

There will be a beta soon of [UGX] Paradox available to donators only (its an early stage beta), there will be a beta of finalized UGX Bar 2.0 available soon (again, donors only), and there will be a beta of another upcoming unannounced map (donors only) available in the coming month or two (depends on how long UGX Mod takes to finish).

Thanks for the heads up on the beta release time scales, as a rough estimate do you think we will be seeing either of UGX paradox or  UGX bar hitting beta by the end of the month?

Cheers Dan
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Thanks for the heads up on the beta release time scales, as a rough estimate do you think we will be seeing either of UGX paradox or  UGX bar hitting beta by the end of the month?

Cheers Dan
Both are possible but I can't make any promises at this stage.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
vOneShot's Groups
Both are possible but I can't make any promises at this stage.

Yeah i understand thanks for the information again :)

Cheers Dan

Loading ...