Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Purpleifre's Groups
Purpleifre's Contact & Social LinksPurplefire135Purplefire01Codingiskeyy
I am new sort of new to using radiant but I am running into a lot of problems making my zombies map. There are a lot of bugs and glitches in  my map so far and I want to fix them but don't exactly know how to fix them. I also want to add some stuff to my map.
(Some of the things I want to add but don't exactly know how to, reply to me if you know how to do any of these things or send a link to an artical)
- Always Sprinting zombies
- Auto turrets
- Deploy-able mg that any player can use for a price
- Call-able air strikes (like the one in Origins)
- Build-able sheild
- Gobble Gum Machine (Watched a zombie map that had a usable gobble gum machine in it)
-  Move-able box (adds teddy in box and other locations where the box can be)
- Boss zombie other than hell hounds

I also want to add an easter egg that player can chose whether to do or not. I will need help with the quests and rewards. I have all the steps in mind but do not know how to execute them. I am not good at scripting so I will also need help with that if anythings that I asked for requires it.
Add me on skype if you know how to help me out with any of this stuff.
broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 16 July 2016
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
TheChattyGamer's Contact & Social Links
Always Sprint Zombies:
Always sprinting zombies seems like a bit much, dont'cha think? But I'm certain that if you look hard enough for it in the scripts it will say something about defining the speed of a zombie based on what round it is. Just make a copy, modify it to your liking, and plug it into your mods, /maps folder.

Auto Turret:
That's already a prefab. Look for the "turret_prototype" thing.

Deployable MG With a Price for Use:
Look for how to make a static mounted MG and just add the "zombie_cost" "amount" KVP to it. Not entirely sure how to make the text display on your screen like it would with a perk, and how it says "Buy Juggernog: Cost 2500". Not entirely sure how you would go about time limitations on the MG, if any.

Airstrikes:
Like a Maxis drone that you have to BUILD, or like a box weapon that replaces your alt grenades? There are many different ways this can be implemented. It all just depends on how you wan't to integrate it, although I haven't seen a whole lot of maps with buildables, and with good reason. It's sorta annoying to have to scavenge for parts, and it makes it not worth the effort.

Buyable Shield:
That is actually rather simple. Just google how to make a wall weapon from scratch. It's basically gonna be the exact same thing, just don't include the chalk and gun-coming-out-of-wall-after-purchase things.

Gobblegum:
The Gobblegum is not at all simple. That requires a ton of scripting. Find the map that the person you're watching is playing, and see if you can't track down where the map-maker got his scripts from.

Moving Box:
Download Sniperbolt's tutorial prefabs. The "treasure_chest_start" one is where the box will begin, and the 5 numbered ones will be alternate locations that it can move to. I don't know if putting the same prefab down twice would create another alternate location, or just not work, but I'm assuming it's probably the second one. (For example two treasure_chest_1 prefabs would either not work, or work perfectly. I have yet to actually test this.) This is certainly a LOT easier that making each box location from scratch.

Alternate Boss Zombies:
I have no clue. Can't be too hard though. Refer to UGX's "Adding Boss Zombies Made Easy" thing or whatever it's called. If you use the UGX 2.0.1 script placer it should have the option to integrate the UGX "Adding Boss Zombies Made Easy" thing.

Hope this helps!  :D

Loading ...