UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

I'm having color/checkerboard background troubles...

broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by Ratchet
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Errors Love Me
Ratchet's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Ratchet's Contact & Social LinksaG.RatchetmlgxratchetTweetRatchetRatchet_RSPRFCLeader
I've been playing around trying to make a custom traverse animscript and now things aren't working quite right. I reverted all of my changes, recompiled everything, and my problem still remains. When I pick up nukes, a checkerboard screen appears. When going through the menu (controls, challenges, etc) certain color backgrounds aren't there and some are also checkerboarded. When typing in the console it's black instead of it's usual gray color. I have a video and a few images of some of my issues. Please help me as I have NO idea what to do.

EDIT: Also, when I get hit by zombies my screen turns black (for a sec) with only the red hit indicator showing.

Spoiler: click to open...

Post Merge: January 23, 2014, 06:40:03 am
Trem, Saje, somebody please help! I have been running circles trying to fix this for 4-5 hours now.

EDIT:
My tutorial and test maps both work so I know it's the map now.

I removed all of the ugx stuff in my mapname folder and it worked, added fresh files in and now it's broken again.

Ok I tried converting files and then readding standalone again, but that didn't work either.

Tried reinstalling the UGX mod tools and going from there but that didn't seem to help (it's still not working).

I decided to go ahead and just transfer everything over to my test map but first add the standalone; did it, same problem.
Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:47:26 am by Ratchet
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Must have deleted something when you added the traverse. can't think of any other reason.

Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Looks like some of your shock files have been deleted most likely, along with some images for things such as menu. It's an odd issue you have, an issue with the integrity of your tools at this point.
Marked as best answer by Ratchet 10 years ago
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Errors Love Me
Ratchet's Groups
Ratchet's Contact & Social LinksaG.RatchetmlgxratchetTweetRatchetRatchet_RSPRFCLeader
[SOLVED...finally] After bending over backwards trying everything I could possibly think of and completely re-installing everything, I found the problem. I named a custom texture "white" which was already a texture in use. It glitched the default one, resulting in all of the above issues.
Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:03:42 am by Ratchet

Loading ...