Date Registered: 27 November 2014
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
A Devious Lobster's Contact & Social LinksDeviousLobsterxXxDeviousLobsterxXxDeviousLob16A Devious LobsterXDeviousLobsterX
Hello I need to know if someone knows how to get around the fix for the specular maps in bo1, just wondering because i have started converting assets for bo1 i have been able to render the normal maps to the original quality using kokole converter to fix them like you do in mw2/mw3 models you convert. but the specular maps dont seem to be rendering properly including the cosines i have made by changing the specs colour from black to white. Despite my efforts im not having any luck. I had i hunch about the green specs because i had my doubts already they would not display the specs of the model properly. If i where to fix the green specular maps how would i do this.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 10 December 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Linoxet's Groups
Linoxet's Contact & Social LinksTutizillalinoxetbanguela
Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:12:18 am by Linoxet
Marked as best answer by Robert 8 years ago
Date Registered: 27 November 2014
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
A Devious Lobster's Contact & Social LinksDeviousLobsterxXxDeviousLobsterxXxDeviousLob16A Devious LobsterXDeviousLobsterX
Hi Just to say i figured out what the green textures are why my model was turning green they are ambient occlusion maps which have been converted and encoded within bo1 which is why the textures green.

I didn't notice this but the textures I found where not specular maps. I had no idea ambient occlusion was supported for bo1 until i looked in bo1 mod tools asset manager to look at the updated material settings.

Suzzed it out and got rid of the ambient occlusion, there are specular map that are right which i found. I now know not to use green colour ambient occlusion maps. my mistake not for not distinguishing it. I was confused because of the prefix that you get it with like spec maps

Loading ...