My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Custom Zombies Videos: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Signature
YouTube: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Twitter: Twitter.com/RichGaming

RichGaming's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
RichGaming's Contact & Social Linksrichgaming1RichGamingRich_GamingRichGaming1
So as the title says, I was wondering if and how a model can be animated to move along a certain path at the start of the game. I would also like, if possible, for an ambient sound to play at a specific point along the path. I want it to seem as if a vehicle is driving past a building at the beginning of a game and then into the distance. If anyone could help me to make this possible I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Marked as best answer by RichGaming 8 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
So what I would do is use a vehicle and setup vehicle nodes in your map. That way the vehicle model would follow that path and you could make it go wherever your heart desires.  ;D
Date Registered: 9 November 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RichGaming's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
So what I would do is use a vehicle and setup vehicle nodes in your map. That way the vehicle model would follow that path and you could make it go wherever your heart desires.  ;D

Yeah, I was linked a tutorial already by someone else explaining the same thing. Thanks for the help!
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Cool! No Problem.  ;)
Date Registered: 26 July 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Action is the enemy of thought
Signature
tudark's Groups
tudark's Contact & Social Linkstudark71The Morgue
hi guys could someone point me in the direction of that tutorial , thanks
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
This is a vehicle script and prefab that you can edit. To make it a non rideable vehicle just go into the script and comment out or delete the parts where players are attached to the jeep.

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1817.msg17141#msg17141
Date Registered: 26 July 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Action is the enemy of thought
tudark's Groups
tudark's Contact & Social Linkstudark71The Morgue
This is a vehicle script and prefab that you can edit. To make it a non rideable vehicle just go into the script and comment out or delete the parts where players are attached to the jeep.

Thanks Whippy :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RichGaming's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
So I tried following this tutorial (http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_SP_-_Vehicle_Implementation) to make a vehicle drive past the map but none of it seems to be working. It's just a default_vehicle sitting there not moving. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
So I tried following this tutorial (http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_SP_-_Vehicle_Implementation) to make a vehicle drive past the map but none of it seems to be working. It's just a default_vehicle sitting there not moving. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Use the link above I posted. I used it for what you are doing and it works great. Just make sure you comment or delete the lines in the .gsc file that attach players to tags once the vehicle is triggered. Otherwise when you trigger the vehicle all the players will attach to the jeep. lol Also you can change the trigger_use to a  trigger multiple so that once players spawn into your map they touch the trigger automatically which then starts the vehicle. It's all in the prefab and in the .gsc.  It will just take a few minor adjustments ;)

Let me know if you need me to help you with the script.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RichGaming's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Use the link above I posted. I used it for what you are doing and it works great. Just make sure you comment or delete the lines in the .gsc file that attach players to tags once the vehicle is triggered. Otherwise when you trigger the vehicle all the players will attach to the jeep. lol Also you can change the trigger_use to a  trigger multiple so that once players spawn into your map they touch the trigger automatically which then starts the vehicle. It's all in the prefab and in the .gsc.  It will just take a few minor adjustments ;)

Let me know if you need me to help you with the script.

Ahh ok, brilliant. Will give it a go and see how it turns out. Thanks for the help! :D

Double Post Merge: June 01, 2016, 10:09:27 am
So I followed that tutorial that you posted and it all seems to be working apart from one issue. When the vehicle spawns it is the default vehicle instead of the custom model that I have applied to the vehicle. Does the vehicle have to be converted in a certain way or something because I don't know why this is happening.
Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:09:27 am by RichGaming

Loading ...