Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
UndeadGaming's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
UndeadGaming's Contact & Social LinksHardCoreHDCoreHD
Hello there ! As you have seen by now my name is UndeadGaming and i am a donor in this forum.Today i would like to discuss the possibility of UGX becoming more than just a zombies community.As a young person of my age my mind is open to a lot of imagination and alot hope.At this current time i play 5 main games(Call Of Duty World At War,Warface ,Dead Realm, Garry's Mod,Metin2 and Call Of Duty Black Ops 1&2).These games might seem limited but thats because i have exams coming up which is not relevant .Anyway i would like to propose a suggestion based on the miracles i have seen preformed by the current UGX Staff. 

As we all know UGX is not the only gaming forum out there.We have ElitePvPers and Zombiemodding etc.(The count is endless).I feel that UGX could duplicate the wide range of games that Epvp(ElitePvPers) has.In my opinion i would like to see UGX cover more games then just the zombie based ones to bring more people together and to increase the popularity of the forum.Here are some advantages and disadvantages in the effect this idea could cause if it was ever to be brought into action.

Advantages 
1.Has the potential to bring more active members to ugx.
2.Members could contribute alot more to the community as not everyone's heart is with mapping.
3.Has the potential to bring more experienced and willing staff applicants to manage some a huge range of gaming.
4.More people would be willing to pay for V.I.P due to the range of games that members could have special access in some of the forums.
5.Gives the current staff the experience of seeing not only zombie based games
6.Gives the opportunity for current mappers and scripters to participate in other games
7.Gives UGX another sense of purpose and publicity

And Alot More...........

Disadvantages 
1.Higher threat of being hacked
2.Could bring the current forum down for some time if these actions were to take place
3.More strain on the databases
4.If we use the current chat it could overload with members
5.The risk of destroying some group titles in order for most of the titles to become universal
6.A whole redesign on the forum could take ages
7.Not many staff might not know most of the games
8.Requires alot of work
9.More staff are required to this action if it was to take place
10.Having more staff on UGX Ts3 Server(More channels)

Thats it.......

Ok i have to admit i might not be the most liked in this forum but im sure some people out there would love to see a nice and friendly forum where they can post their games and hobbies and im sure some of the current UGX members would like to see a brand new light on UGX after the unfortunate incident with the map Oil Rig going up for beta.Below is a poll Please answer as honest as you can.Dont think about the person who the poll was created by , think about the reason why it was created.
Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:16:46 pm by UndeadGaming
broken avatar :(
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
I don't see the reason for it though? THere are already so many websites dedicated to gaming all over, so why make one of the few sites that are focused on Zombie Modding into another general website? I mean, there is a section on the forum for other topics besides Custom Zombies, and it's doing good as it is. No need to make it any more of what it currently is, because it's already working out fantastic.

Atleast that's my opinion.  ;)
Date Registered: 26 May 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
I don't see the reason for it though? THere are already so many websites dedicated to gaming all over, so why make one of the few sites that are focused on Zombie Modding into another general website? I mean, there is a section on the forum for other topics besides Custom Zombies, and it's doing good as it is. No need to make it any more of what it currently is, because it's already working out fantastic.

im not saying to completely push zombies to the side because even i have to admit zombies are awesome im just asking if there is a possibility for the forum to become more than a zombies forum and have multiple focused game themes without spoiling the original theme this forum was built on.Plus i love this forum quite alot so i want to see if it can stride to its full potential and become something more and plus i hate how epvp does not have the functions ugx have and ugx is 1 theme based forum.Just imagine what could happen if it became a multiple themed forum.

Your Reply has been noted though thx for the response
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Custom Zombies, believe it or not, is very niche. Turning the forum into an overall gaming forum, welcome to the billions of grains of sand.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
Custom Zombies, believe it or not, is very niche. Turning the forum into an overall gaming forum, welcome to the billions of grains of sand.
Scobalula i do get your point but i do believe that the UGX team could be prepared for such a difficult job

Your response is noted though thx
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You know why it's not called unlimited :please:
Spoiler: click to open...
waw limits hehe
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000

I agree with this - I came here to specifically get away from all this content i have no interest in - as lets be fair its thrust in your face by fan boys of those other games whether you want or not. Which i hate lol

Its hard enough to find "dedicated" content, without the search function here becoming completely irrelevent due to the millions of other games using similar terms for anything and everything
Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:25:36 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
I agree with this - I came here to specifically get away from all this content i have no interest in - as lets be fair its thrust in your face by fan boys of those other games whether you want or not. Which i hate lol

Well harry there are ways around that its not something that could retract members from ugx.

Your opinion is noted though thx for your response
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Well harry there are ways around that its not something that could retract members from ugx.

well would retract me. Like i said, "specifically" to get away from other games. Let us have our safe haeven

just imagine it

ugx.com

search

error with converter

results :

1.skyrim

2.GTAV

3.skyrim

4.Morrowwind

5.Fallout

6.SkYrim

7.Morrowwind

etc etc
Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:31:37 pm by Harry Bo21
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile

The issue is that if we start to make the other games as big of a part as modding, there will be much more content on that, and pushing it  aside. We came to UGX for Custom Zombies, and if what we came for is pushed aside to make more room for other games, then why the hell are we even here? It'll just be like any other site for games.

well would retract me. Like i said, "specifically" to get away from other games. Let us have our safe haeven

This "safe haven" is all we have. Adding more games into the mix won't let Custom Zombies be the main part, which is the whole reason we came here in the first place.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
The issue is that if we start to make the other games as big of a part as modding, there will be much more content on that, and pushing it  aside. We came to UGX for Custom Zombies, and if what we came for is pushed aside to make more room for other games, then why the hell are we even here? It'll just be like any other site for games.

This "safe haven" is all we have. Adding more games into the mix won't let Custom Zombies be the main part, which is the whole reason we came here in the first place.

Exofile i appreciate your feedback and i fully understand your point of view but maybe i didnt make myself clear.The focus on modding wouldnt weaken cause there would be more and more staff members.As you said this is a safe heaven for you guys so lets give others that kind of feeling.

Again guys i appreciate your comments thx for the responses
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
Exofile i appreciate your feedback and i fully understand your point of view but maybe i didnt make myself clear.The focus on modding wouldnt weaken cause there would be more and more staff members.As you said this is a safe heaven for you guys so lets give others that kind of feeling.

Again guys i appreciate your comments thx for the responses

Just as Harry explained, the focus would be less on WaW because of the other games. More staff members doesn't help the fact that searching for the help you need would be much more work than it currently is. Other games have their own "Safe havens", we have no need to bring them in here, when everyone already is settled in on their respective forums.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Just as Harry explained, the focus would be less on WaW because of the other games. More staff members doesn't help the fact that searching for the help you need would be much more work than it currently is. Other games have their own "Safe havens", we have no need to bring them in here, when everyone already is settled in on their respective forums.
Plus it never works, the "latest game" with the most "modding power" will always take precidence

All in all i just think its a bad idea. It would kill custom zombie interest, make the site nearly unmanageable and make search features etc completely useless - aswell as the other reasons you listed

I dont think UGX is struggling for members at the moment so "increasing our rep" or whatever isnt really a concern - especially when if to do it - we have to change the entire site and what its for lol

Especailly when you consider how much custom content there is for these other games. GTA 4 alone has like 90,000 mods in some places
Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:48:01 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
Well taking that into account then lets change the terms to games that can only be modded
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
Well taking that into account then lets change the terms to games that can only be modded

The problem still persists. The real issue are games that can be modded, so taking away the rest wouldn't change much.  ;)

Loading ...