My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Just to bring to light a gem that I found while browsing the UGX Wiki.

TL;DR: UGX Mods is trying to claim ownership of user created content release on the forum(and other UGX sites) including the right to adapt, reproduce, redistribute, etc without user permission, meanwhile not allowing their own content to be adapted, reproduced, redistributed, etc. They also are claiming rights to share these rights with anyone they want as well as claiming ownership of Activision's property. Everything else is typical Terms of Service bullshit.

Wiki TOS Link: https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Terms+of+Service

ARCHIVED: http://archive.is/VhAAk

License to use our products and services
Unless otherwise stated, UGX-Mods and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights published in our products and services, and materials used on http://ugx-mods.com. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages, files or other content from our products and services for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
republish material from our products and services in neither print nor digital media or documents (including republication on another website);
sell, rent or sub-license material from our products and services;
show any material from our products and services in public without permission, unless it is already public;
reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material from our products and services for a commercial purpose;
edit or otherwise modify any material from our products and services;
redistribute material from our products and services - except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution; or
republish or reproduce any part of our products and services through the use of iframes or screenscrapers.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.

User content
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to UGX-Mods a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to UGX-Mods the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights. These rights do not apply to content which is already licensed under a third party such as Activision.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or UGX-Mods or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
UGX-Mods reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on the servers owned by UGX-Mods, or hosted or published upon this website.
UGX-Mods' rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, UGX-Mods does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.

I don't know what's more funny: The fact they think they can claim ownership of other people's work or the blatant double standards.

Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:41:11 pm by daedra descent
broken avatar :(
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
im pretty sure no one really cares about this :please: or that ugx ever does it
Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:17:50 pm by arceus
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
im pretty sure no one really cares about this :please: or that ugx ever does it

It was updated yesterday, so yes it is in effect and they can/will try to use it to claim copyright of other people's work. If you had spent 1 minute actually looking into it, you would have seen that.

To say that no one really cares about other people claiming ownership of their work is bullshit, and you know it.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
WTF is wrong with you Daedra, you seriously need to get laid buddy.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
WTF is wrong with you Daedra, you seriously need to get laid buddy.

Indeed, what is wrong with me caring about serious issues and not smoking weed everyday and getting laid.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Indeed, what is wrong with me caring about serious issues and not smoking weed everyday and getting laid.

'Serious issues'? Lmao. You're on a custom zombies modding forum, you're hardly changing the world here you clown. And damn right, go get some bud and chill the fuck out.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
'Serious issues'? Lmao. You're on a custom zombies modding forum, you're hardly changing the world here you clown. And damn right, go get some bud and chill the fuck out.

Brining awareness to someone who is trying to claim ownership for your own work(and possibly charge money for it) that you spent time creating = changing the world.

Alright then. Can't argue with that logic. Nope. Not at all.
Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:05:47 pm by daedra descent
Date Registered: 9 November 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Custom Zombies Videos: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Signature
YouTube: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Twitter: Twitter.com/RichGaming

RichGaming's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
RichGaming's Contact & Social Linksrichgaming1RichGamingRich_GamingRichGaming1
What the fuck even is this community these days. Trying to cause drama for no reason? Sort it out you plum nugget.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
The document is obviously still under development, as evidenced by the fact that it was just updated yesterday. It is not final yet nor is it in full effect. It's not even posted on the public version of the website footer yet - there's a reason why you had to dig it up on the wiki.

The goal of the document is to legally enforce what is already held true on this site. Any product or service we create and release to the public belongs to us (i.e. the UGX Launcher, this website, all of our tools, etc) - this should be common sense to everyone already. Additionally, anything released within/via our services belongs to our services in that instance. This does NOT mean you lose your ownership of it and can't post it anywhere else or claim it belongs to you. But it does mean that our service now owns a copy of what you posted - you granted us a right to do so by giving us the copy. This has always been true of any forum or file hosting website and should not be anything new to you.

In essence, releasing something on this forum gives us the right to keep a copy of it here indefinitely.

Writing legal documents without a lawyer is obviously incredibly complicated, and getting the language into a form that does not have unintended consequences takes time and review. If you have any complaints about the current state of the document you should do what it advises in the very first sentence and contact us rather than try to start a mob topic. A public opportunity to discuss the ToS will be given when it is in a form we are ready to announce and stand behind, which should happen soon since it needs to be finalized before the UGX Launcher can be released to donators in the coming months.

Topic locked.

Loading ...