Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Hello,

I was playing Der Riese yesteryear day and I started thinking about this so now I have some questions. How hard would it be to throw together a Black Ops Weapon Mod for Der Riese? I already have all the BO weapons with sound and all so it would just be a mater of putting them in the mod. I would do what treyarch did and just put all the BO weapons in the box and and keep the WaW weapons on the wall. I know you could just pop in BO and play der riese on there but not all of us have Black Ops for PC and I think it would be a cool little side project for me to work on. I might do the same for all the stock maps if it goes well. Of course if this has already been done I will not waste my time but I haven't seen any talk of it on the forums. What do you guys think? Can you help me get started? Is it a good idea?

-MZslayer11
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
It wouldn't be too difficult. All you'd need to do is create a .ff with your weapons compiled in it and a IWD for the images and weapon files. Once you do all that you can do either:

1. rename each weapon file to the name of the stock weapons - essentially tricking World at War into thinking its loading a stock weapon when its actually loading a Black Ops weapon. This won't require messing with dlc3_code or _zombiemode_weapons.gsc since the weapons are already included in the scripts. This should keep the FX count lower too since your not actually adding anything new.

2. Remove whichever stock weapons entirely and add the Black Ops weapons to _zombiemode_weapons and dlc3_code. FX count will increase if you do this.

The easiest route it obviously #1 which is also what the ZCT mod did for its CoD4 weapons, however if you need to add more weapons than what DR has then you are going to have to do #2.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
It wouldn't be too difficult. All you'd need to do is create a .ff with your weapons compiled in it and a IWD for the images and weapon files. Once you do all that you can do either:

1. rename each weapon file to the name of the stock weapons - essentially tricking World at War into thinking its loading a stock weapon when its actually loading a Black Ops weapon. This won't require messing with dlc3_code or _zombiemode_weapons.gsc since the weapons are already included in the scripts. This should keep the FX count lower too since your not actually adding anything new.

2. Remove whichever stock weapons entirely and add the Black Ops weapons to _zombiemode_weapons and dlc3_code. FX count will increase if you do this.

The easiest route it obviously #1 which is also what the ZCT mod did for its CoD4 weapons, however if you need to add more weapons than what DR has then you are going to have to do #2.

Thanks I will try option 1 and see how that goes. How would I go about making a .ff and iwd?
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Thanks I will try option 1 and see how that goes. How would I go about making a .ff and iwd?

Like you would with any other mod. Create a folder with in your root/mods folder and then create a mod.csv file for your .ff. You then either include the weapons directly in the mod.ff launcher window or include another .csv with all of the weapons already included.

Ex.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
include,black_ops_weapons

Loading ...