Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
natesmithzombies's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
natesmithzombies's Contact & Social LinksNSmithZombies
When it comes down to it, it seems for me that originality is what makes me respect a mapper. If a mapper were to use UGX mod would it be considered lazy? I thought about switching my latest release to UGX mod 1.1 before bo3 tools come out and would like to see some feedback. No offense to the mod/creators itself as requiem has clearly made it in everyone's top 5
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
no UGX mod 1.1 is brand new, and designed for the very purpose of allowing you to just "add" it, rather than "make" it

The only reason people bash 1.0 so much, is because it has been "massivly" over used - and on box maps usually - and they NEVER fix the issues with it - like the broken viewhands that takes about 6 seconds to fix. Im sure you see the issue there ;)
Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:09:00 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
Well when you say "mapper" that to me sounds like just making detailed geometry, layout, clips and other things. No perks, guns, scripts, etc. So in my opinion that doesn't make you a lazy mapper because the UGX mod doesn't add any new sort of mapping tools. The things that the mod does add is guns, scripts, and perks.

So what i'm trying to say here is that i don't think that makes you a lazy mapper or bad mapper. Because that's stuff that mappers (level designers) don't typically do. That's just technically speaking...

In this community though which you are typically not working with teams, you have to handle everything. So i wouldn't blame or even really consider you to be lazy for adding a mod which further enhances the game. If your making a map you want it to be the best quality that it can be in right? So take into consideration if the mod would make your map better by having it in or without it.

It really just comes down to if the mod features what you want in the map. Also people just grow tired of it because they are tired of seeing it in so many maps.

I hope this was a clear explanation of my opinion on the topic.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
You don't think 1.1 will end up the same way? I think its interesting because 1.1 looks great but is gonna be placed on box maps. Which also makes me wonder how BO3 tools will be. You'll have all the gizmos and gadgets but youll still see a box lol. I guess ultimately what I'm getting at is do you focus on map details and looks or the features themselves, like UGX has added?
Over time it will, but i doubt it as i reckon the BO3 tools will turn peoples eye

And it definitely will if people start doing non-functional box maps. Which is already the case for some

But for now? And for probably the next year id say, it wont be considered "overused"

I also highly doubt BO3 mod tools will "just have all these features and assets" - more likely itll only contain whatever is in Shadow Of Evil - now - and no DLC like previously ( will not have say "PHD" for example because - there is no PHD in BO3, no machine, no bottle, no jingle, no script, no assets - at the moment. It may be in the previous games but not "this" game. And I highly doubt they are going to remake all these assets just "incase" we want them like we did in older versions of the game. They will expect us to do that ourselves )

Well when you say "mapper" that to me sounds like just making detailed geometry, layout, clips and other things. No perks, guns, scripts, etc. So in my opinion that doesn't make you a lazy mapper because the UGX mod doesn't add any new sort of mapping tools. The things that the mod does add is guns, scripts, and perks.

^ also this +1
Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:28:40 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
DarkWhiss's Groups
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
I also highly doubt BO3 mod tools will "just have all these features and assets" - more likely itll only contain whatever is in Shadow Of Evil - now - and no DLC like previously ( will not have say "PHD" for example because - there is no PHD in BO3, no machine, no bottle, no jingle, no script, no assets - at the moment. It may be in the previous games but not "this" game. And I highly doubt they are going to remake all these assets just "incase" we want them like we did in older versions of the game. They will expect us to do that ourselves )

^ also this +1
This too, i don't even think PhD will make a return in BO3 due to the fact that dive to prone is out of the game. Not sure how the explosion effect would work now that there is sliding, unless they are planning to only have no explosive damage, but believe that is a gobblegum now.

+1 to you as well.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Very good points darkwhiss. I'd like to see teams here instead of just one dude pushing through. I personally think I'd rather see a detailed map with UGX than a well rounded map with a little new features.

If UGX was upgradable too that'd be nice. Maybe being able to add your own weapons to replace others would be nice but I feel like you'd hit the limits of WaW. Any thoughts on this as well? I'm sure trem considered this
it is, and trem was tinkering with the idea of releasing a version with no guns so you can add your own

Loading ...