Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
As ATVI have just confirmed, the give out of DLC for BO3 will be different this time, at least for Awakening on PS4.

Now the DLC will be bundled with a patch update for PS4 on the 2nd. But you have to go the in-game store to activate it, by paying for it, or if you have the season pass, you just activate it. The update in total will be 9.1 gigs. This formula has changed from before, where DLC was its own download, so instead of two downloads there is now only 1.

Not sure if this is a good idea, as those people not looking to buy the DLC, still have to download it the play the game, as its combined with the compulsory patch. Thats 4 DLCs you must download and cant use, the equivalent of a game in storage space.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Accessing-the-Awakening-DLC-Pack-in-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3ACall_of_Duty_Black_Ops_III&fs=Search&pn=1
broken avatar :(
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
As ATVI have just confirmed, the give out of DLC for BO3 will be different this time, at least for Awakening on PS4.

Now the DLC will be bundled with a patch update for PS4 on the 2nd. But you have to go the in-game store to activate it, by paying for it, or if you have the season pass, you just activate it. The update in total will be 9.1 gigs. This formula has changed from before, where DLC was its own download, so instead of two downloads there is now only 1.

Not sure if this is a good idea, as those people not looking to buy the DLC, still have to download it the play the game, as its combined with the compulsory patch. Thats 4 DLCs you must download and cant use, the equivalent of a game in storage space.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Accessing-the-Awakening-DLC-Pack-in-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3ACall_of_Duty_Black_Ops_III&fs=Search&pn=1

Making you download it, makes it easier if you later buy the DLC. However, it's also an easy way for them to put files on your drive, taking up space, then telling you; "Want this? Buy our DLC". Sort of a bad move imo, but ok. :please:
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
Signature

Maps:

Too many canceled ones to count

Leningrad BO3

Something else
NINJAMAN829's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg
Making you download it, makes it easier if you later buy the DLC. However, it's also an easy way for them to put files on your drive, taking up space, then telling you; "Want this? Buy our DLC". Sort of a bad move imo, but ok. :please:
It could also make it very easy for a free DLC weekend. :P
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(

Never heard of such a thing as a "Free DLC Weekend", but ok. :poker:
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
NINJAMAN829's Groups
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg
Never heard of such a thing as a "Free DLC Weekend", but ok. :poker:
I'm pretty sure a while back Treyarch or a different cod company made one of the DLCs free for a weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

EDIT: I just checked. It was infinity Ward with the Onslaught DLC from Ghosts.

Source: https://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2014/04/23/call-of-duty-ghosts-free-onslaught-dlc-trial-coming-this-weekend
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:07:52 pm by NINJAMAN829
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Wait, wait, wait, they're pulling a Peacekeeper WITH ALL THE DLCS?! It's stupid to me because now you're just filling your drive with shit you can't use and they want you to pay them for access to it. You should be paying for the content, not the license to use it.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links

This is a good point, and i wander if they will trial this at some point, as if people get hooked on it and want to play more, they'll have to buy it.

Double Post Merge: January 30, 2016, 03:12:40 pm
Now I think about it more, it is a joke, as a lot of games these days are the base game is only part of the game, the DLC completes what should be the base game. And with this move, you cant play the game without this download, as you are trying to play if you like an incomplete version of the game, almost like ATVI is admitting the base game isnt complete, you must download all DLC to play the game, but you must pay extra to play all of the game.
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:12:40 pm by timelordalex

Loading ...