More
Personal Quote
being crazy is random
Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------
i do.. stuff

Donations are welcome ;)paypal.me/CrazyRandomzZ
CrazyRandomzZ's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
This doesnt annoy me, just encourages me to go and look at what I did, then go "ahhh... im a moron", and also means i tend to have a video or skype chat open to entertain me while i recompile like 4 times in a row lol

here is a helpful tip. if your finding yourself scripting and there are errors. instead of recompiling and rebuilding the mod. just open up the IWD in local appdata with winrar and drag the changed file into the IWD. it will overwrite the original. and save you the 10-20 mins it takes to rebuild the mod.

because there is nothing worse then writing a script, building the mod and realizing you used a : instead of ; or missed it completely. 

this saves at least 15 mins each time i do it. all you need to do is make sure your editing the script thats in your mods folder. if you editing a raw file (dont know why you would) then you do have to recompile the map
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
here is a helpful tip. if your finding yourself scripting and there are errors. instead of recompiling and rebuilding the mod. just open up the IWD in local appdata with winrar and drag the changed file into the IWD. it will overwrite the original. and save you the 10-20 mins it takes to rebuild the mod.

because there is nothing worse then writing a script, building the mod and realizing you used a : instead of ; or missed it completely. 

this saves at least 15 mins each time i do it. all you need to do is make sure your editing the script thats in your mods folder. if you editing a raw file (dont know why you would) then you do have to recompile the map
im aware, but im also careless

lasttime i did it that way i ended up overwriting a ton of work by accidentally building my mod again, so now i just wait lol
Date Registered: 14 December 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
being crazy is random
CrazyRandomzZ's Groups
im aware, but im also careless

lasttime i did it that way i ended up overwriting a ton of work by accidentally building my mod again, so now i just wait lol

hmmm if you where editing the scripts and saving them from the mod folder. then when you build the mod next time you will not be overwriting anything. as the file your dragging into the IWD is from the mod folder.

if your editing the file directly from the IWD then yes you would loose all your work. but edit the script from raw/mods/mapname/maps and drag that into the IWD then you wouldn't loose your progress. as next time you build what you already saved.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
hmmm if you where editing the scripts and saving them from the mod folder. then when you build the mod next time you will not be overwriting anything. as the file your dragging into the IWD is from the mod folder.

if your editing the file directly from the IWD then yes you would loose all your work. but edit the script from raw/mods/mapname/maps and drag that into the IWD then you wouldn't loose your progress. as next time you build what you already saved.
because the one in my "mod" was still untouched, all my edits were in appdata

build mod = copy gsc from mods into appdata - thus, overwriting the work i had been working on

anyway, cant be bothered making changes, saving, dragging the file, saying yes in winrar, then loading up, still getting a syntax error lol

hardly makes any difference, i just click "build mod" and wait the 3 and a half minutes
Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:11:48 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 9 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
lilrifa's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
lilrifa's Contact & Social Linksskypeuser724lilrifalilrifa
wait the 3 and a half minutes
It takes that long for the mod to build? I've only experienced 2 minutes at most.

Loading ...