Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Created by:  holz

Setting: Since COD Ghosts brought Aliens to the battlefield this map is designed to be a training facility for the zombies to step up their game. Looks like a map pulled right out of the middle east as there is a lot of sand, palm trees, a river running through the map and an ocean view on 2 sides. The architecture appears appropriately themed for the most part with some sand colored buildings as well as beach-side huts.

Positives: The map layout is extremely creative especially early on as you are trying to make your way through the map. The scenery is beautiful in many places and it's easy to tell the mapper must have put a lot of thought into its design and appearance. You can't always tell what is going to be a buyable switch which makes it somewhat challenging and keeps you looking around for a while. It's a pretty large map with lots of debris to buy and I was really just excited to see what would greet me in the next area. The Black Ops perks & the UGX Mod were great additions and the weapons were well placed throughout the map.

Negatives: There are a few parts of the map that look unfinished as well as a few places where you can stand and the zombies won't spawn in but the rounds keep advancing. The price of the buyable ending seems unnecessarily expensive and deserved something a little more creative to end such an enjoyable experience.

Conclusion: I never saw this map coming and was absolutely blown away. Holz clearly knows what he's doing and has a creativity to match his mapping skills. This map certainly deserves to be played at least a few times and don't forget to stop, look around and appreciate the view. The mapper acknowledges that there are some issues with the map and if he changes them I will gladly revise my review.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 5/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 7/10

Score: 27/40

Download here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1444.0

Loading ...