Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Before

After

Creator: xJimmy33, his other maps are Folter & Schmerz.

Setting: The mapper said that there was no story for this map...but I disagree : ) You are a merry band of nazi witch doctors disguised as soldiers and after a late night drinking game turns into witch doctor one-upmanship you wake the next morning in a haze only to realize that you all have resurrected countless undead throughout the night. Can you remember enough to retrace your steps back and undo the horror that you have summoned into the world?

Positives: xJimmy33 always makes maps that look good with lots of detail so that is something to look forward to for sure. There are a couple custom guns, the gun names are spelled out fully which is kinda cool, custom gun sounds. Some are cool while some sound like he made them with his mouth and then recorded them. There is other custom stuff here and there like a custom ammo counter, custom viewhands, BOII dig sites, etc but those things don't really enhance or detract from the experience for me. Also, there are 7 perks to be had as well as the PAP machine and an interesting map ending.

Negatives: The map is just like one long pathway so there will be zero exploring to do and you'll often feel like you are just walking back and forth through airport hallways except with prettier scenery. There are VERY few weapons on the walls which means that when you need more ammo you will be doing TONS of backtracking which gets old really quick and makes you wonder if the mapper thinks that killing zombies is more fun when they are told exactly which gun to use. Also, the starting pistol is complete garbage and if you ads while you fire it, it blocks your entire screen, have fun with that.

Conclusion: This map is fun for a while and is probably worth seeing through to the end if just to see the conclusion to my story : ) Bring some friends though because their company may be the only thing that you enjoy after the newness of the map wears off.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 6/10
Fun Scale: 5/10
Replayability: 5/10

Score: 23/40

Download: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1966.0

Loading ...