My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
or for it to even be possible, people forget this is a "next gen game" - therefore needs "next gen hardware"

cant just optimize the game till it works, the "hardware" you guys use has "limits"

i mean crap half the guys around here trying too play it on high settings, are the same people that struggle running waw - a 8 year old game - at medium settings...

to be fair, waw is really badly optimised, i get about 200fps on waw max settings and 120 fps bo3 high, and bo3 has far more detail than waw.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
the engine has also evolved,

so engine gets better, makes it easier on hardware

so they add more features and improvements - eating that bottle neck back up again

BO3 was designed for PC - unlike its predecessors, it shouldnt suffer the same fate. 90% of people ive seen complaining about it running bad have bad settings in play and old hardware ( not old per-se,, but we knew long beffore it came out BO3 would reqquire "above average" )

the fact it "requires" so much just for the minimum requirements  pretty much screams "you need a relatively modern PC to use me"
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:10:24 am by Harry Bo21
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
to be fair, waw is really badly optimised, i get about 200fps on waw max settings and 120 fps bo3 high, and bo3 has far more detail than waw.
My desktop PC on 4K res:
waw max settings - 60fps
Bo3 low settings - 9fps
How is waw badly optimized?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
My desktop PC on 4K res:
waw max settings - 60fps
Bo3 low settings - 9fps
think he means coz it was ported from console
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
My desktop PC on 4K res:
waw max settings - 60fps
Bo3 low settings - 9fps

"I get about 200fps on waw max settings and 120 fps bo3 high, and bo3 has far more detail than waw."
that is how
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
"I get about 200fps on waw max settings and 120 fps bo3 high, and bo3 has far more detail than waw."
that is how
getting lower frames comparison on a old to a new game does not mean the new engine is worse... merely that to display the better graphics and higher limits "requires" more power...

waws "ultra" is the equivalent of a much lower setting on BO3 and still would not allow as much loaded
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:31:06 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 2 December 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Khedryn's Groups
Khedryn's Contact & Social Links
Hi, i just wanted to see who else is playing bo3 on a laptop, as it seems most people are running it on a high end desktop, saying that laptops are not good enough :P

Laptops were created for a reason. recreational use 'gaming' was not one of them.

The capabilities and power (The entire purpose) of a graphics card chipset extended into a motherboard gives the computer the ability to display. Laptops cannot. (Well, now they have USB enabled PCI-E docks for laptops Woo!)
However think of a laptop's GPU "Chipset" as a synthetic graphics card.

Same difference between Flash memory compared to other types
Only reason they started beefing up laptops to be 'ABLE' to play games is because people wanted it, people buy it. doesn't make it a good idea.

Even though I COULD I wouldn't use a Tank in a street race.
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Laptops were created for a reason. recreational use 'gaming' was not one of them.

The capabilities and power (The entire purpose) of a graphics card chipset extended into a motherboard gives the computer the ability to display. Laptops cannot. (Well, now they have USB enabled PCI-E docks for laptops Woo!)

Only reason they started beefing up laptops to be 'ABLE' to play games is because people wanted it, people buy it. doesn't make it a good idea.

K.

i use it for gaming in multiple places, and it more than meets my needs so i dont agree with u in any way
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links

There are a number of laptops available that are more than capable at playing current titles at decent settings with acceptable heat and power usage. Your post would have worked fine 10-15 years ago, not now, we are in an age where a high power portable machine isn't that hard to obtain.
Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:55:22 pm by Scobalula

Loading ...