My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.

General
CoDScript Modtools will be a patch for the modtools fixing various bugs. It'll also include a new launcher and script placer with a clean UI.

Launcher
This is currently the main focus of the project. This will include a replacement for the stock launcher of WaW and a script placer to replace Script Placer Z. Unlike the other launchers you might have seen, this launcher is built from scratch using solely my own code and some libraries required to make it work without depending on external executables for things such as archiving etc (eg: 7zip used by the stock launcher for building IWDs).

Currently I've implemented and got working the following features:
  • IWD Builder (Most likely will be faster than the one in the stock launcher due to using a zip library instead of external zipping from 7zip, not tested on speeds though.)
  • Zone File Editor
  • Fastfile Builder
  • Auto WaW installpath detection for use of the launcher outside of the root folder
  • Clean UI design

Planned features are:
  • Console (NOT going to stream output of programs such as linker_pc to the console live due to memory issues with certain applications *cough* EXE_ERR_HUNK_ALLOC_FAILED256 *cough*)
  • Sound Builder
  • Level Compiler
  • Script Placer
  • Game Launcher (with allowance for arguments being passed, eg: fs_game, devmap, developer, ...)
  • Application Launcher for Radiant, Asset Manager, Asset Viewer and Effects Editor
  • Auto Updater

Note regarding console streaming:
You will be required to tick Verbose for any sort of output streaming towards the console, this will allow for faster compile times as the program won't have to keep track of output if it's not ticked. There will be an option to not launch programs (eg: linker_pc) in silent mode so you can still see the output without the need of streaming it (Verbose will be disabled if this is enabled), again, resulting in faster compile times.

Patch
The modtools patch included with this will fix a lot of issues similar to what UGX has done with their patch but will also add support for new features easily enabled through variables in mapname.gsc. The script placer will offer simple check boxes and input fields for these variables so you don't have to manually edit all of them.

Image(s)
Spoiler: click to open...

Edit:
Did some more work on it and finished off the sound builder and console output stream:
Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:58:24 pm by JR-Imagine
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Quick update: Got bored and decided to finish off the Level Compile tab:
Everything fully working. :3
Date Registered: 1 January 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group