Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
We noticed a lot of people mentioned in their survey response that the auto-lock for topics was too short. I have increased the auto-lock timeout from 30 days on help topics to 60, 60 days on discussion topics and WIP/release topics to 90, and disabled auto-lock in all tutorial and downloadable items sections. Please let me know if this is still not satisfactory. Also remember the purpose of topic auto-lock is to prevent thread necro and bumping old irrelevant topics.
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Well, I think that OPs should have an option to unlock their topics since they are already to lock them.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I agree with leaving tutorials unlocked forever because they could be followed for long periods of time and if somebody has a question they can still ask it in that thread rather than asking in a new thread. For other topics, perhaps a 'Request Unlock' button could be added that only the op of the thread can use. The new lock times seem good.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I agree with leaving tutorials unlocked forever because they could be followed for long periods of time and if somebody has a question they can still ask it in that thread rather than asking in a new thread. For other topics, perhaps a 'Request Unlock' button could be added that only the op of the thread can use. The new lock times seem good.
Every topic has a "Report to moderator" button on it. Simply click that button and say that you would like the topic to be unlocked and a staff member will unlock it for you momentarily :)

Well, I think that OPs should have an option to unlock their topics since they are already to lock them.
I can't easily add this feature because giving users permission to unlock their own topics would mean they could even unlock them if a site moderator purposely locked the topic. Adding in custom permissions just for auto-locking is too much work right now. Use the moderator report button, it works fine.

Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Every topic has a "Report to moderator" button on it. Simply click that button and say that you would like the topic to be unlocked and a staff member will unlock it for you momentarily :)

I guess you learn something new everyday!

Loading ...