Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Groups
More
iMCSx's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
iMCSx's Contact & Social Links

Black Ops Mod Loader is an application who allow you to switch a mod easily for your game Black Ops 1. With only some clicks you can load/unload a mod and restore the original files to play without mod. This application can load any pc mod. She has been created to make easier the installation of my mod Coast Invasion published here.

For those who have issues to play the video, i writed you a tutorial to how use the application:

-Run the setup as admin.
-Once installed, run the application boml.exe as admin (she should be launched herself automatically as admin).
-On startup, select the folder where the mods will be saved, if you use a lots of mods and you have another disk on your computer, put it on the second disk by clicking on ‘No’.
-Add a mod by the button, you must select the right folder of the mod, be careful to don’t put any wrong folder (exemple a folder containing more than 1 mod…).
-Once done, click on the mod you want to load, and press the button ‘Load a mod’.
-Restart the game if he’s already running.
-Run Black Ops, Enjoy.

Helpful Questions/Answers:

Q: Why the application download some files on startup, and sometimes the download is failing?
R: Because you have some corrupted files on your game, so the application download and install back the right files, if the download fail, restore the original files of the game manually (via Steam).

Q: Why when i restart the game via the application i have "Connecting..." in game?
R: It's a game issue, i recommend to close it manually rather than doing this via the app.

Note: This application contains a full translation French/English of strings auto detected on startup.

DOWNLOAD
(don't re-up please)
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 8 September 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
WIL-H's Groups
WIL-H's Contact & Social LinksWIL-HWIL-H16093160WIL
Is it normal that your application is a Notepad file? Considering that it's supposed to be an app, but above all, it's not the same thing than what is displayed on your picture.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000

yes, it is

not sure what youve downloaded lol
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
WIL-H's Groups
It's weird, because I downloaded it again to be sure, and again, it's still a notepad file.
Date Registered: 13 July 2015
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Groups
More
iMCSx's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
It's weird, because I downloaded it again to be sure, and again, it's still a notepad file.

That's strange, on my website if your download is a notepad file it's because the download link is broken... and he's fine there.

Can you try again please? What's contains into the notepad file?

Are you sure nothing block the download on your computer/web browser?

Which browser are you using?

Also, if someone got the same problem just tell me, i'll fix that soon (even if i don't understand why that happen).
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
WIL-H's Groups
That's strange, on my website if your download is a notepad file it's because the download link is broken... and he's fine there.
]
Can you try again please? What's contains into the notepad file?

Are you sure nothing block the download on your computer/web browser?

Which browser are you using?

Also, if someone got the same problem just tell me, i'll fix that soon (even if i don't understand why that happen).

I still have the same issue, I downloaded it three times, and each time, it's a notepad file, with unreadable letters.
By the way, I use Firefox, and I have nothing that could block the download.

Here is what I get when I open the file:
Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:41:21 pm by lukkie1998
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Groups
More
iMCSx's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
WTF.

Ok, try to find a way to rename the file from .exe.txt to .exe and it should work because the begin "MZ" is the PE signature header for an executable.

Just try and let me know i will check on firefox if there are an issue.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
WIL-H's Groups
WTF.

Ok, try to find a way to rename the file from .exe.txt to .exe and it should work because the begin "MZ" is the PE signature header for an executable.

Just try and let me know i will check on firefox if there are an issue.

As a matter of fact, it's already named ".exe", it's actually the type of the file which is ".txt", as a result, I don't think I can do something to change the nature of the file.

EDIT: I re-download the file with Google Chrome, and it worked. I do not know what was the problem with Firefox, but either way, thanks for your help.
Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:49:30 pm by WIL-H
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
that sounds like your antivirus has "disabled" it to me

Preventing it from running as an application

if the extension is exe - its not a text file - and that is "why" opening it as such, gives you garbled text

Ive checked it twice, download is fine. But i had to allow it to download by stopping chrome blocking it, then agree to bypass windows smart whatchamacallit before it would run. Even then it got removed  by windows defender, i just had to recover it

* edit, ahh just saw you sorted it now. Awesome ;)
Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:19:32 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
WIL-H's Groups
that sounds like your antivirus has "disabled" it to me

Preventing it from running as an application

if the extension is exe - its not a text file - and that is "why" opening it as such, gives you garbled text

Ive checked it twice, download is fine. But i had to allow it to download by stopping chrome blocking it, then agree to bypass windows smart whatchamacallit before it would run. Even then it got removed  by windows defender, i just had to recover it

* edit, ahh just saw you sorted it now. Awesome ;)

Yeah, apparently, it was blocked by the antivirus, but with Chrome, once download is finished, it prevents you that is not a frequent file, and ask you whether you want to keep the file or not. This wasn't suggested with Firefox. But thanks for you help anyway.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Groups
More
iMCSx's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Thanks for your feedback, the setup contains both .exe compressed, antivirus/web browser don't like that except if they are signed by a windows certificate (and i don't have that).
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Thanks for your feedback, the setup contains both .exe compressed, antivirus/web browser don't like that except if they are signed by a windows certificate (and i don't have that).
nearly no developer who hasnt paid the ridiculous price to get the certification has lol

even my work systems are "uncertified" lol
Date Registered: 21 March 2020
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Neikronox's Groups
Neikronox's Contact & Social Links
It doesn't work for me.
When I start the Mod loader, it says : Error    The XML file is empty! Impossible to continue
how can I fix that ????

Loading ...