Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
vinnyz500's Groups
vinnyz500's Contact & Social Linkspsn_hackedlobbies4uXxMrPotatoxXvinnyz500

Hey guys, making a short tutorial here for an idea i had a while ago that ended up working. So to start off, these textures come with normal maps and such so they look very good and are in 2K HD. These textures are FAN MADE skyrim textures, and can be downloaded from the skyrim nexus site. Note this works with vanilla skyrim textures as well, but i prefer the HD ones. Also note: With messing around in the BSA extractor and other programs that can be found online, you can also obtain models from these games. I have not perfected it, in terms of getting multiple material models from the game easily (single is simple), so i will not go into detail with this.

DIRECT LINK:

WEBSITE LINK: (smaller resolution textures available here if memory is a problem)
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D607&pUp=1

So now lets get to the way we obtain the textures. So what you want to do is download this file which will be used to extract the textures from the file, which is a BSA extractor. This is not required when you download the 2k textures but if u want stock textures from the game go ahead and download it
The link is here
NOTE: This will work for every Bethesda game, such as fallout 3 or new vegas, along with those HD packs available. So, basically there is an infinite number of HD textures available to you, using this method

Ok, now that we have that, lets open up our file with the textures and find where it says Skyrim- Textures and drag that to a folder or our desktop for easy access. Now, open up the BSA extractor and select the bsa file and wait roughly 10 seconds for it to load in. Now what we want to do is click "extract all" and choose a folder in which you want to put them in. Once this is finished extracting, go on ahead and open up that folder. Now you should see a few folders, labeled things such as terrain, landscape, etc. Luckily, they get put into sub categories so it is easy to find textures that you want for the most part, and if you are familiar with the game they also come with certain town names and such so u know the style that you are getting.

Now for the fun part

Find whatever textures that you want, and what you have to do is place the desired dds's and their corresponding _n textures into a folder. After this, there is quite some converting to do if you plan on getting a lot of them. They are all in powers of 2, so there is no need to resize any of the textures. But, the only catch is that you NEED to convert the .dds _n files because assman will not convert those
*If you are unaware, the _n files are normal maps and should go in that column when you convert the texture*
So go ahead and download this It is what i use to convert them. Then go and convert the textures to .tga *Just the _n* and then convert in asset manager, and your set! Ill edit this when i figure something out that i didnt include, but it should work just fine. Hope this helps you get some textures that seem to be original and new, and make sure when you do your credits on the map, credit the maker of the textures from the site *see original link below download button*. Don't forget, this works with all bethesda games so i hope to see some maps with those styles soon! Enjoy  :D

[I always do this by hand, but if anyone knows of a batch converter for launcher or anything of the sort, please please please let me know]
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:31:29 pm by vinnyz500
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Have fun reaching physical memory limit rather quickly
Date Registered: 1 January 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
vinnyz500's Groups
vinnyz500's Contact & Social Linkspsn_hackedlobbies4uXxMrPotatoxXvinnyz500
yeah but in that link to the site, there is 1k textures also there if they want that, plus they can always resize the images if that is an issue for them or just use the stock textures from the game if they own it by checking the game files and finding the location of Skyrim - Textures
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:42:21 pm by vinnyz500
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Why not make an 8 year old game great again? ::)

Loading ...