Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Is it not possible to edit stock scripts right now in the beta? I am trying to change something in the stock script, but when I go in game it is still the original. I have tried editing it in usermaps as well as raw and adding the scriptparsetree in my zone file, but no luck.
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
reckfullies's Contact & Social LinksReckfulliesReckfullies
I think it might just be a problem for you. I have been using edited stock scripts for a while and it seems to work for me.

Are you editing the original script or a copy?
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I think it might just be a problem for you. I have been using edited stock scripts for a while and it seems to work for me.

Are you editing the original script or a copy?

I copied it from raw over to usermaps, and tried to edit it that way, when that didnt work, I tried editing it from raw/scripts, but it still didnt work. I also added the scriptparsetree line in my zone file. Is there anything else that I need to do to get it to work?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
Try just editing the original file and don't add anything to the zone file. If that works then its a problem with either adding it to zone or copying it.
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Try just editing the original file and don't add anything to the zone file. If that works then its a problem with either adding it to zone or copying it.

Nope, still didnt change anything.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
Nope, still didnt change anything.

Hmm this should be working, make sure you checked the link button when compiling in launcher. If nothing else works ill go look and see if i'm doing anything different.

It could also be what you are trying to edit, zombie run speed for example is set two different times in the _zm.gsc so it gets overwritten.
Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:28:27 pm by reckfullies
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Hmm this should be working, make sure you checked the link button when compiling in launcher. If nothing else works ill go look and see if i'm doing anything different.

Yup, I am checking link when I compile. I also compile my map as well. Would that make any difference?

I am editing the _zm_score. Just as a test, its a simple iprintlnbold that runs in the minus_to_player_score function
Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:29:35 pm by Dust
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
Yup, I am checking link when I compile. I also compile my map as well. Would that make any difference?

I am editing the _zm_score. Just as a test, its a simple iprintlnbold that runs in the minus_to_player_score function

Nope, what are you specifically trying to change? Ill try to change it myself to see if its just you having this problem.

Just read what you edited, ill check it out.

Double Post Merge: October 08, 2016, 11:36:50 pm
I just copied the script into usermaps/mapname/scripts/zm and then added it to the zone file and entered the game.

It didn't show the println but that might be because I tested it on a door, I'm not sure but doors might not use that function to take points.

I'm going to make a script real quick to test this and see if that function will show the println.
Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:37:36 pm by reckfullies
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Nope, what are you specifically trying to change? Ill try to change it myself to see if its just you having this problem.

Just read what you edited, ill check it out.

Double Post Merge: October 08, 2016, 11:36:50 pm
I just copied the script into usermaps/mapname/scripts/zm and then added it to the zone file and entered the game.

It didn't show the println but that might be because I tested it on a door, I'm not sure but doors might not use that function to take points.

I'm going to make a script real quick to test this and see if that function will show the println.

I tried it on a wall buy, and a perk machine. I also tried to do the same thing but in zm_spawner whenever I get a kill, but it still didnt show the print
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
I did see something like this happen before. I was making a perk to double the points gained by kills and it seems like the score never doubled and it was just as normal. I'm trying to see if I can get it to work right now.

Double Post Merge: October 08, 2016, 11:43:13 pm
One problem might be where you place the script. All of my custom scripts are in a new folder I made inside share/raw/scripts.

Also when trying to compile with the _zm_perks.gsc inside my zone file and copied inside my scripts folder I get an error when compiling. I didn't edit the script at all.

Spoiler: click to open...
^1
^1^
^1ERR(6E) scripts/custom/_zm_score.gsc (706,0)  : Compiler Internal Error :  Unresolved external 'zm_pers_upgrades_functions::pers_upgrade_pistol_points_set_score'
Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:43:13 pm by reckfullies
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
I did see something like this happen before. I was making a perk to double the points gained by kills and it seems like the score never doubled and it was just as normal. I'm trying to see if I can get it to work right now.

Double Post Merge: October 08, 2016, 11:43:13 pm
One problem might be where you place the script. All of my custom scripts are in a new folder I made inside share/raw/scripts.

Also when trying to compile with the _zm_perks.gsc inside my zone file and copied inside my scripts folder I get an error when compiling. I didn't edit the script at all.

Spoiler: click to open...
^1
^1^
^1ERR(6E) scripts/custom/_zm_score.gsc (706,0)  : Compiler Internal Error :  Unresolved external 'zm_pers_upgrades_functions::pers_upgrade_pistol_points_set_score'

So do you think I should try to move all my custom scripts into raw/scripts? Right now I have them inside usermap.

On second thought, that probably wouldnt fix it because im not calling zm_score from my custom scripts, just editing it.
Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:53:35 pm by Dust
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
It doesn't really matter as long as the scripts work. I can't seem to find a way for editing these scripts to work.

If you specifically want to do something inside the minus player points function i suppose you could waittill the notify that happens when minus player points is complete, but this would still only work for this function and any other function that has a notify.
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
It doesn't really matter as long as the scripts work. I can't seem to find a way for editing these scripts to work.

If you specifically want to do something inside the minus player points function i suppose you could waittill the notify that happens when minus player points is complete, but this would still only work for this function and any other function that has a notify.

That probably wouldnt work, because I would also need to know how much the players spent, and I really cant do that outside of the minus_to_player_score function
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
That probably wouldnt work, because I would also need to know how much the players spent, and I really cant do that outside of the minus_to_player_score function

Best we can do is keep looking. It really seems like they would allow us to do this since they included the scripts for us to use in the first place.
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Best we can do is keep looking. It really seems like they would allow us to do this since they included the scripts for us to use in the first place.

Could just be a beta glitch, or just something we are overloooking.

Loading ...