broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 13 May 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
jbird's Groups
and that was what someone told you to change In a comment ( don't coz it's irrelevent )

The point is still there. Read the code "you" just posted. It gets the closest player - determined by how long the path is to each player - it is "not" weighted and I'm yet to experience this issue "in game"

Think your mistaken due to misinfo - I've seen people say this but I assure you it - is - wrong

There has got to be some hidden code somewhere that makes it weighted though. I know that it for sure is.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
There has got to be some hidden code somewhere that makes it weighted though. I know that it for sure is.
"hidden code"

You serious....

No there isn't - and it's virtually the same logic as waw anyway as kino was made in waw...

It checks the closest player "by path", if it can't find one defaults to player 1 and falls back to the breadcrumb tracking

You can't possibly think the game came out, stayed out, with like 10 different maps - with a bug meaning zombies were not even going the right way... Seriously read that back to yourself...
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
jbird's Groups
But there is lol, have you never seen any high round BO1 gameplay? Everyone uses the fact that zombies are more attracted to white player to their advantage. It is a known fact.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
But there is lol, have you never seen any high round BO1 gameplay? Everyone uses the fact that zombies are more attracted to white player to their advantage. It is a known fact.
so the code lies?

No - that's misinformation floating around the zombie scene - which we already know is so very common

The code doesn't lie, treyarch wouldn't miss it through 10 maps and like 15 patches and if it existed - would happen on waw too

Also have you noticed you are "the only" person to ever ask this question? I can see clearly in the script your wrong and would love to see any actual proof to support this than words to contradict my "years" of experience playing the game for hours on end

I even mod bo1 now, so have read through it all, there is no "secret code" to "cause" a bug...
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
jbird's Groups

As you can see, if white player stands in a corner and another player crouches in front of them, the zombies will only try to go towards white player even though the other players are closer. This proves that white player has priority. And this glitch still works they never patched it.
Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:05:29 am by jbird
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
... Oh yeah has nothing to do with the fact they are in a glitch...

Also yea I noticed you failed to mention the little bit about a player needing to go down for that to even happen...
Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:12:21 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
jbird's Groups
You can do it in literally any corner... They are not in any actual glitch..
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
You can do it in literally any corner... They are not in any actual glitch..
then why does one kill himself?

And either way the zombies cant attack either, so even if it is "any corner" its still "because they have caused a glitch messing with the pathing" - this is WHY the zombie cannot attack...

none the less we will play by your example

going on the theory your right ( you aint ) - your video ONLY proves that if two players are literally "right next to each other" the zombies "might" attack the wrong one, and this is only shown in a video glitching them out "completely"...

ill let you think about that
Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:18:39 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Signature
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links
just basing off the code there is way that players are weighted and that weight is the self.ignoreplayer array
the major difference(as stated before between WAW and BO) is that in WAW the array is always set to a brand new array and then set to undefined. while in BO the array is being modified every single iteration. and the array does matter because of this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player = get_closest_valid_player( self.origin, self.ignore_player ); 
which from BO zombiemode_utility.gsc removes all players in the array from the list of players
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( IsDefined( ignore_player ) )
{

for(i = 0; i < ignore_player.size; i++ )
{
players = array_remove( players, ignore_player[i] );
}

}
so yes the majority of the code is the exact same as WAW but different enough to cause the so called player weight
Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:02:46 am by buttkicker845
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
yet any code showing this so called "weighting" has not been shown, nor is any example of a player actually being added to this array

and i still refuse to believe that i played a game for years, and everyone else did - without seeing / noticing and without the devs noticing it EVER either... and with no other single person ever inquiring about this in a waw and bo1 modding community...

and the only example we have seen is someone in a glitch - no "legitimate" examples and so far all code shown "still" supports what i have said...

easy way to prove it anyway, start a co op game and take it in turns walking up toi the last zombie, if he will "only" go after player 1 im wrong, if he does - at any point - target the oither you are wrong
Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:31:23 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links
heres where they first add a player to the array of ignored players
Code Snippet
Plaintext
		for (i = 0; i < near_zombies.size; i++)
{
if ( isdefined( near_zombies[i] ) && isalive( near_zombies[i] ) )
{
if ( isdefined( near_zombies[i].favoriteenemy ) && isdefined( self.favoriteenemy )
&& near_zombies[i].favoriteenemy == self.favoriteenemy )
{
if ( distancesquared( near_zombies[i].origin, self.favoriteenemy.origin ) < 225 * 225
&& distancesquared( near_zombies[i].origin, self.origin ) > 525 * 525)
{
same_enemy_count++;
}
}
}
}

if (same_enemy_count > 12)
{
self.ignore_player[self.ignore_player.size] = self.favoriteenemy;
}
here's where a player is removed from the array and their count reset after being ignored for more than 3 iterations
Code Snippet
Plaintext
for(i = 0; i < self.ignore_player.size; i++)
{
if( IsDefined( self.ignore_player[i] ) && IsDefined( self.ignore_player[i].ignore_counter ) && self.ignore_player[i].ignore_counter > 3 )
{
self.ignore_player[i].ignore_counter = 0;
self.ignore_player = array_remove( self.ignore_player, self.ignore_player[i] );
}
}
and heres where the players ignore_counter is initialize/incriminated at the end of each iteration of the loop
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( players.size > 1 )
{
for(i = 0; i < self.ignore_player.size; i++)
{
if( IsDefined( self.ignore_player[i] ) )
{
if( !IsDefined( self.ignore_player[i].ignore_counter ) )
self.ignore_player[i].ignore_counter = 0;
else
self.ignore_player[i].ignore_counter += 1;
}
}
}

and then as i said before this array is passed to the get_closest_valid_player which then removes the array of player from the array of all the players.
and then this is what happens if all the players are in the ignoreplayers array
Code Snippet
Plaintext
		if( !isDefined( player ) && !isDefined( zombie_poi ) )
{
self zombie_history( "find flesh -> can't find player, continue" );
if( IsDefined( self.ignore_player ) )
{
self.ignore_player = [];
}
wait( 1 );
continue;
}
the idea is that if a player is closer to 13 or more zombies than it is closer to the current zombie being tested then the player is ignored for 3 iterations. and ive noticed in the past that sometimes under the right circumstances the closest player then gets ignored because of this.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
jbird's Groups
I don't think that has to do with why zombies are more attracted towards certain players because I can have just one zombie and it is still definitely more attracted towards white player

Loading ...