Date Registered: 5 May 2017
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
EdVrChristof's Groups
EdVrChristof's Contact & Social Links
When testing multiplayer on my map I noticed if any player "died" after not being revived and then respawnned next round they would respawn without any weapon however they still have the normal amount of grenades and can move normally buy weapons/perks etc. I have also changed the starting pistol to the walther in _loadout.gsc and also changed the walthers weapon file to give it the same damage as the typical starting colt if this makes any difference. Its just sn aeshtetic choice to better fit the theme of my map and it functions properly except for this scenario.

Players initially spawn just fine with the starting pistol and I think this just comes down to a missing part of script that is supposed to give the player the starting weapon again in whatever part of the script that handles respawning in multiplayer (im guessing in _zombiemode.gsc?). Im just wondering where I would have to add a line to give the player the starting weapon on respawn and what that line would be. Aside from this small issue absolutely everything else in my map functions as intended no error messages or anything. Im trying to properly learn scripting for this game and have the very basic jist of how it works but im just a bit frustrated on this and wonder if anyone could please point me in the right direction.

broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
When testing multiplayer on my map I noticed if any player "died" after not being revived and then respawnned next round they would respawn without any weapon however they still have the normal amount of grenades and can move normally buy weapons/perks etc. I have also changed the starting pistol to the walther in _loadout.gsc and also changed the walthers weapon file to give it the same damage as the typical starting colt if this makes any difference. Its just sn aeshtetic choice to better fit the theme of my map and it functions properly except for this scenario.

Players initially spawn just fine with the starting pistol and I think this just comes down to a missing part of script that is supposed to give the player the starting weapon again in whatever part of the script that handles respawning in multiplayer (im guessing in _zombiemode.gsc?). Im just wondering where I would have to add a line to give the player the starting weapon on respawn and what that line would be. Aside from this small issue absolutely everything else in my map functions as intended no error messages or anything. Im trying to properly learn scripting for this game and have the very basic jist of how it works but im just a bit frustrated on this and wonder if anyone could please point me in the right direction.
Normally when I change weapons I look if there are any "colt" weapons and replace that with mine.
Maybe you forgot to change that somewhere and you commented out the colt? (_loadout script)

Could be your map doesn't start with nazi_zombie? If so add this to the line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.script == "your map name"
From what I see currently I have changed the colt weapon in these files:
_zombiemode_weapons
method:
treasure_chest_give_weapon()
{
        if( primaryWeapons == "zombie_colt" )
}
_zombiemode (I think I used this from Bamskaters perks)
level.laststandpistol = "zombie_colt";
_laststand
self.laststandpistol = "zombie_colt";
I hope this helps
Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 06:14:32 pm by gympie6

Loading ...