Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
I'm trying to make a custom map and since it's my first one i'm having a crap load of problems (the main one being that i can't play it). But when i get it up and running (if i ever do) i plan on adding a custom perk i call "caffeine cola". This perk will provide a bit of a boost to a perk that you already have (jugg takes 7-8 hits to get down instead of 5-6, with speed cola you reload a lit bit faster, switch weapons faster and so on). I have very little knowledge (basically none) on scripting so i need someone to help me script 2 things: 1: i need someone to script the perk so that a certain ability will activate when you have a certain perk (to take 7 hits to get down, you need to have jugg and caffeine cola and so on), and 2 i need some help scripting all of the upgraded abilities. I think i can do most of them, but some i will need help with. Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you can please help!

Abilities i plan to add: juggernog- takes 7 hits to get down, speed cola- reload 2.5 times faster, double tap- increases the rate of fire by 38%, quick revive- revive players 3.5 times faster, stamin up- unlimited sprint, phd flopper- increased explosive damage by 15%, deadshot daiquiri- reduced hip fire spread by 50%.
Thanks for taking your time to read this. Even one script no matter how small is important. So come on! Let's make caffeine cola a reality!
Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:23:27 pm by BioAftermath
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
It is unlikely to find a scripter that will be willing to do this for you(not saying its impossible). I would recommend instead you do some research on scripting for call of duty. Call of duty works on sort of should I say a simplified version of C. I would recommend learning a language like C# or C++ in order to understand easier how the syntax in call of duty works. We also have a resource for call of duty scripting here:
Ultimate Guide to Scripting in CoD2/4/5/7
And a third party page of a lot of the functions you can use in script to interact with the engine/game:
Zeroy's Script/Function List
These resources are helpful but one of the most helpful things can be to just look at treyarch's code or community members code(not saying copy it) and just look/learn how it works and how to understand it. Was a big help for me when I started to try and learn.
Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:39:27 pm by SajeOne
Date Registered: 8 July 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
Thanks for the help. I really hope that I can make this perk a reality, but I know I will not be able to learn enough to be able to script all of this. For those who know how to script even a small little part like one of the abilities, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Loading ...